X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Quanity Conditional Statement (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=2964)

jgkiefer 06-02-2003 07:25 AM

Quanity Conditional Statement

I want to use a conditional statement to show a graphic or text if the item has a quanity discount. What would be used to detect "if quanity" and what would the correct syntax be?
Example:
if quanity discount
display image.gif (or text)
endif

funkydunk 06-09-2003 01:37 PM

The quantity discounts are not available within the product listings page as standard but I know that this can be and has been done.

If you want to pm me I coul dput it in place for you or the xcart team or other experts here could do it I am sure. :)

jgkiefer 06-09-2003 02:37 PM

Thanks but my question was answered through the help desk.

kpriest 06-11-2003 04:48 PM

Suggestion for jgkiefer: Could you post the response from the help desk to make this thread useful to others? :D

jgkiefer 06-11-2003 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpriest
Suggestion for jgkiefer: Could you post the response from the help desk to make this thread useful to others? :D

The response I received is as follows:
Quote:

I suppose you've used the "wholesale pricing" feature of x-cart, in this case you can see the table with discount depends on quantity for each products which have this type of discount.

How this feature works:
Please open the "Product modify" page and find the "Wholesale prices" section and specify your price depends on quantity for items.

All the code for appearance (if you want to change something) you can find in the [x-cart root dir]/skin1/customer/main/product_prices.tpl

kpriest 06-11-2003 06:43 PM

Thanks for the post jgkiefer. And that answered your question about IF discount, DISPLAY image?

jgkiefer 06-11-2003 07:37 PM

Yes, it tells me that support is not going to help me. But that is okay. Just look for the area that displays the quantity discount price (/customer/main/product_prices.tpl) and you should be able to untangle the if statement that displays the quantity. I haven't gotten to it yet, but that is how I have uncovered other if statements. Just takes a while to sort out the code. They actually told me a lot without realizing it. :wink:
Sorry I wasn't more help.

jgkiefer 06-11-2003 07:41 PM

BTW kpriest -
I see that you joined the forums on 09 Apr 2003. Me too! I guess that makes us brothers, kinda, sorta. 8)

kpriest 06-11-2003 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgkiefer
Sorry I wasn't more help.

No problem - I don't need the info - I was just curious if you resolved it.

Considering the amount of work and pain I've put into my first x-cart implementation and I assume you have as well - that would make us blood brothers! :lol:

Overall, I am happy with the product - but it is frustrating that it could easily be so much better than it is. At least it's open and you can dig right into it and there's lots of help in this forum. :D

jgkiefer 06-12-2003 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpriest
Considering the amount of work and pain I've put into my first x-cart implementation and I assume you have as well - that would make us blood brothers! :lol:

If you only knew. I just discovered that the x-cart developers are Russian. Their shopping experience must be different than ours. :(
That may explain why some of the simplest features are missing. And some of the most complex are unnecessary. Anyway after a lot of custom mods I had them do an upgrade, and it did not go well. I am still bleeding. But like we say in the biz, s@#$ happens!
I use drop shippers and I am not sure that xcart is the best solution for that. I have been working on a different open source cart custom development that seems to be more suited. I haven't decided which I will use for my current project.
It will all work out well in the end. :wink: