X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   "Login with PayPal" patches for 4.6.0 - 4.6.2 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68847)

qualiteam 03-12-2014 11:26 PM

"Login with PayPal" patches for 4.6.0 - 4.6.2

1 Attachment(s)
Hello!

We have released patches that add the "Login with PayPal" feature to 4.6.0 - 4.6.2 versions (however, we recommend you to upgrade 4.6.2 to 4.6.3 instead of applying the patch).

You can download the patch in the "File area" section in the HelpDesk system at https://secure.x-cart.com/ (look for "login-with-paypal-2014-03-12_{version}.tgz" file names). Instructions on applying the patch are in README file inside the package.

To communicate with PayPal servers we use the PHP code recommended by PayPal. Unfortunately, this adds extra requirements to your server:
1. You need this: http://php.net/manual/en/curl.installation.php
2. The minimum PHP version is 5.3.2 (actually, any php version that has "sha512" in its phpinfo() result will work)

I've attached a script that you can use to check the new requirements. Place it in the X-Cart directory and open in your browser.

Thanks!

herber@wirehub.nl 03-13-2014 03:09 AM

Re: "Login with PayPal" patches for 4.6.0 - 4.6.2

I already updated to 4.6.3 and love the functionality, it's great to see that QT decided to create a script to test availability of the necessary functions & to create patches for non-updated stores.

Freakmode 03-25-2014 05:06 AM

Is this only for US stores?

The instructions in the module appear to be incorrect

herber@wirehub.nl 03-31-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakmode
Is this only for US stores?

The instructions in the module appear to be incorrect

No, it works just fine in my non-US store. I do however server US customers.

Freakmode 04-03-2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

2. Open the following URL:

https://devportal.x.com
3. On the Developer Portal page, click Sign in to DevPortal.

4. Log in when prompted.

5. On the Developer Portal page, click Manage Applications.

6. On the welcome page, click Register Application.
Follow the prompts on your screen to register.

This appears to be wrong to me.

mixon 04-15-2014 10:41 PM

It seems you use an old instruction. Please check the following one:

Code:

To enable Login with PayPal in your X-Cart shop:
1. Open the following URL: https://developer.paypal.com

2. On the Developer Portal page, click Log in.

3. On the Developer Portal page, click Applications.

4. On the My REST apps page, click Create App.

5. Enter application name, click Create app.

6. Make sure the Log In with PayPal option in the APP CAPABILITIES section is enabled.

7. Click edit next to App redirect URLs and specify this location for both URLs: http://yourstoreurl/pplogin_return.php

8. Click Advanced options next to Log In with PayPal and enable Personal Information, Address Information, Account Information, specify other options (e.g. privacy URL: http://yourstoreurl/pages.php?alias=business) if required.

9. Copy and and paste Application Client ID and Secret options values to corresponding fields below and click Apply changes button.

That's all. Do not forget to log out of the Developer Portal.

fiberglass.supply 04-16-2014 05:05 AM

I updated the paypal as directed but now when someone clicks on the login with PayPal it gets redirected to home.php and error top right of screeen says "Client Validation Error: Invalid scope."

fiberglass.supply 04-16-2014 06:06 AM

Ok so now i started from scratch box opens paypal ask to login but now get error " Login with PayPal authorization has been failed."

mixon 04-17-2014 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiberglass.supply
Ok so now i started from scratch box opens paypal ask to login but now get error " Login with PayPal authorization has been failed."

You should be logged out from the PayPal development site to test this feature.
Try to log in using e.g. Incognito Mode or in a different browser.

xcesiv 05-01-2014 10:13 PM

I have configured the login with paypal feature but i cant seem to see anywhere where this option is for the customer to login with?

We are using X-cart gold 4.6.3 with reboot template

any advice?
www.pureimage.com.au

regards

mixon 05-06-2014 01:46 AM

Please make sure the module is configured correctly. There should be a "Login with PayPal" button on the login page.

Try temporarily switch theme to default one. If in any of the default themes you have no issues, most likely there some compability issues with reboot template. I would suggest contacting template authors regarding this problem.

totaltec 05-06-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixon
Try temporarily switch theme to default one. If in any of the default themes you have no issues, most likely there some compatibility issues with reboot template.

This is great advice that should be used whenever you experience problems in a custom skin.

georgewf 05-09-2014 11:39 AM

I've installed 4.6.3 but can't login using paypal. The xcart log shows "User account couldn't be created because a user with this email already exists in the database". I've created a new paypal user not in my xcart database but still get the error. Tried using an Incognito browser window.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

georgewf 05-09-2014 09:25 PM

I found the problem: paypal login verifies the primary email address even if you try to log in with a secondary email address. For example if I try to login with paypal secondary email test@xyz.com, paypal and xcart actually find a match on the primary email account me@xyz.com.

To confirm this I renamed my old xcart test profile me@xyz.com to metoo@xyz.com and paypal login now works with test@xyz.com. In edit profile xcart now shows the paypal primary email address me@xyz.com, not the login email test@xyz.com.

So it's important for customers and merchants to understand that the primary email address is what we should be using.

Now I think I found a minor bug... when I click on edit address xcart is defaulting to British Columbia instead of my defined paypal province Quebec. So if a client wants to make a minor change to his shipping address like "ring buzzer 444" he will also have to correct the state/province.

Paypal login is a great feature!

georgewf 05-09-2014 09:35 PM

another issue

If I change my address in paypal, it is not updated when I log back into xcart.

herber@wirehub.nl 05-10-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgewf
another issue

If I change my address in paypal, it is not updated when I log back into xcart.

I don't see that as an issue: X-Cart only imports the address when creating an account by Login with PayPal.

It would be strange to reimport the address every single time you login.

georgewf 05-10-2014 06:11 AM

I don't know, my client base has a lot of 18-25 year olds, college students, musicians... they move around a lot. Maybe it doesn't make sense to store an old address in xcart. Paypal has their verified address so maybe xcart should always use this as the main billing and shipping address. As I think about it, it makes much more sense if xcart would always grab current address info from paypal.

dpcompany 05-13-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

I am also getting this error. I have triple checked every single setting. I am browsing within an Incognito window. I have fully upgraded this site to v4.6.3. Any direction on this error would be appreciated.

qualiteam 05-13-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpcompany
I am also getting this error. I have triple checked every single setting. I am browsing within an Incognito window. I have fully upgraded this site to v4.6.3. Any direction on this error would be appreciated.

Try to clear cookes and the cache in your browser settings. Also, do you use something like LastPass or 1password that may sign you into PayPal account automaticaly?

mixon 05-14-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Please enable debugging (define 'PAYPAL_LOGIN_DEBUG' constant in config.local.php) and provide me with the debug log files.

Thank you.

dpcompany 05-14-2014 04:29 AM

I was browsing Incognito, but went ahead and cleared cookies and the cache in my browser settings to no avail. In addition, I don't use something like LastPass or 1password that may sign you into PayPal account automatically.

@Mixon, you have just received a PM with the php log file for Login with Paypal. I sent a PM because the account data passed in the log file has secure information.

Thank you Qualiteam for your continued assistance with this matter.

dpcompany 05-19-2014 12:55 PM

@Mixon,

Did you receive my PM with the log file?

mixon 05-20-2014 12:07 AM

Yes, thank you. I'll check the log file and contact you soon.

georgewf 05-20-2014 11:33 AM

** Urgent **

Taxes not working when using Paypal login.

qualiteam 05-20-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Taxes not working when using Paypal login.

And what is the problem? Who do you do? What do you expect to see? What do you see instead?

georgewf 05-20-2014 02:25 PM

Canadian client with Ontario address checks out with 0 tax instead of 13%. When I go to address book it shows British Columbia as I previously mentioned in this thread. When I correct the province it then applies the 13% tax.

I suspect the province from paypal is not recognized so xcart applies no tax.

mixon 05-21-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Canadian client with Ontario address checks out with 0 tax instead of 13%. When I go to address book it shows British Columbia as I previously mentioned in this thread. When I correct the province it then applies the 13% tax.

I suspect the province from paypal is not recognized so xcart applies no tax.

Do you mean you have a different Province defined in your PayPal account (Quebec)? And when you login with PayPal for the first time (no account in X-Cart yet), X-Cart does not recognize the Province correctly? Is my understanding of the issue correct?

georgewf 05-22-2014 09:05 AM

yes that seems to be the problem. It does show Quebec in the shopping cart checkout, but when I look at the address book it is defaulting to British Columbia.

dpcompany 06-09-2014 12:20 PM

@ Mixon, Did you have a change to review my log files?

mixon 06-09-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

@ Mixon, Did you have a change to review my log files?

As far as I can see from the logs. There is "no_data" error. In most cases it means that corresponding record in lwpp table either does not exists or has incorrect info.
I would recommend removing corresponding record from lwpp table for that account and use Login with paypal once again.

dpcompany 06-10-2014 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixon
As far as I can see from the logs. There is "no_data" error. In most cases it means that corresponding record in lwpp table either does not exists or has incorrect info.
I would recommend removing corresponding record from lwpp table for that account and use Login with paypal once again.

No data has been written to this table at all. The table structure is there, it simply has no records. The following is the source code of the "login with paypal popup screen" after it tries to authenticate and fails:

Code:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'PPConnectionException' with message 'Got Http response code 400 when accessing https://api.paypal.com/v1/identity/openidconnect/tokenservice.' in /home/lc3/public_html/DEV/include/lib/paypalSDK/lib/PPHttpConnection.php:102
Stack trace:
#0 /home/lc3/public_html/DEV/include/lib/paypalSDK/lib/transport/PPRestCall.php(40): PPHttpConnection-&gt;execute('code=AEFI0rY0ww...')
#1 /home/lc3/public_html/DEV/include/lib/paypalSDK/lib/auth/openid/PPOpenIdTokeninfo.php(146): PPRestCall-&gt;execute(Array, '/v1/identity/op...', 'POST', 'code=AEFI0rY0ww...', Array)
#2 /home/lc3/public_html/DEV/modules/PayPal_Login/pp_return.php(74): PPOpenIdTokeninfo::createFromAuthorizationCode(Array, Object(PPApiContext))
#3 /home/lc3/public_html/DEV/pplogin_return.php(52): require_once('/home/lc3/publi...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in <b>/home/lc3/public_html/DEV/include/lib/paypalSDK/lib/PPHttpConnection.php</b> on line <b>102</b><br />

If you want me to pay for support, that's fine. This just appears to be a bug because there is nothing more I can do to be sure this is installed correctly. Thank you for your continued support Qualiteam.

mixon 07-11-2014 03:35 AM

The empty table means that connection to PayPal has not been established.

Quote:

Got Http response code 400 when accessing https://api.paypal.com/v1/identity/openidconnect/tokenservice.

It means there is a network problem or some other problem related to network connection not the integration itself.

Do you have any other error in web server or X-Cart logs?

seyfin 08-21-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

I updated the paypal as directed but now when someone clicks on the login with PayPal it gets redirected to home.php and error top right of screeen says "Client Validation Error: Invalid scope."

Have you managed to sort this error out?

dpcompany 08-22-2014 09:12 AM

@seyfin,

I get this exact same error: "Client Validation Error: Invalid scope."

I have given up trying to figure it out because I know it is setup 100% correct. There must be some bug. Please let me know if I can provide any specific information to help this get sorted out.

dpcompany 11-24-2014 10:13 AM

Is there anyone in the x-cart community that has "Login with PayPal" working? I am still having all of the issues mentioned throughout this entire thread with still no response from QT...

qualiteam 11-25-2014 07:39 AM

Hello Michael,

Please contact our support staff through http://secure.x-cart.com/ - I believe this is something that should be looked at right on your server.

Quote:

Is there anyone in the x-cart community that has "Login with PayPal" working? I am still having all of the issues mentioned throughout this entire thread with still no response from QT...

herber@wirehub.nl 11-26-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Confirmed: I have it working on 4.6.5

seyfin 12-01-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

@seyfin,

I get this exact same error: "Client Validation Error: Invalid scope."

I have given up trying to figure it out because I know it is setup 100% correct. There must be some bug. Please let me know if I can provide any specific information to help this get sorted out.

Please try to set up a new application at https://developer.paypal.com/, and configure it as per the below instructions, then configure the "Login with PayPal" module in your X-Cart store using the new application's Client ID and Secret values.

The error "Client Validation Error: Invalid scope." is apparently caused by the fact that step #8 has not been completed properly in your application setup.

====
To enable Login with PayPal in your X-Cart shop:

1. Open the following URL:https://developer.paypal.com

2. On the Developer Portal page, click Log in.

3. On the Developer Portal page, click Applications.

4. On the My REST apps page, click Create App.

5. Enter application name, click Create app.

6. Make sure the Log In with PayPal option in the APP CAPABILITIES section is enabled.

7. Click edit next to App redirect URLs and specify this location for both URLs: http://www.dpciwholesale.com/pplogin_return.php

8. Click Advanced options next to Log In with PayPal and enable Personal Information, Address Information, Account Information, specify other options (e.g. Privacy URL: http://www.dpciwholesale.com/pages.php?alias=business and User agreement URL: http://www.dpciwholesale.com/pages.php?alias=conditions) if required.

9. Copy and and paste Application Client ID and Secret options values to corresponding fields below and click Apply changes button.

That's all. Do not forget to log out of the Developer Portal.
====