X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74978)

PhilJ 10-20-2017 08:27 AM

Re: reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic

Not that I'm aware of. You might want to look into the invisible reCAPTCHA.

mattstyle2 10-20-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Not that I'm aware of. You might want to look into the invisible reCAPTCHA.

thanks, I implemented inv recaptcha.. didn't know about it!

nfc5382 11-05-2017 06:19 AM

I didn't see step 20 in contactus.tpl. Is this a copy/paste error in the instructions?

Code:

20) In skin/common_files/customer/help/contactus.tpl

BEFORE...

{include file="customer/buttons/submit.tpl" type="input" assign="submit_button"}

Otherwise, seems to be working OK.

THANK YOU!!!

pauldodman 11-08-2017 04:25 AM

Yes, I believe step #20 is an error in the instructions.
My understanding is that it should read:

skin/common_files/customer/help/Password_Recovery.tpl

PhilJ 11-08-2017 04:38 AM

Quote:

I didn't see step 20 in contactus.tpl. Is this a copy/paste error in the instructions?
Step 20 fixed.

nfc5382 11-11-2017 07:26 AM

Thanks again, PhilJ!

The bogus registrations on my site have stopped completely. This mod should really be part of x-cart!

TA 11-11-2017 09:55 AM

For those of us using the reBOOT responsive template, "TEMPLATE MODIFICATIONS PART 2" need to be added to skin/reboot. Yes?

Thanks Phil!

PhilJ 11-11-2017 10:01 AM

11th Nov 2017 - Update, new module settings to enable / disable reCAPTCHAs (see patch), also now works in login popup.

All install steps will need re-doing... keep a note of your reCAPTCHA keys before re-patching.

Steps 7) and 15) relate to the login popup.

That should be it for the time being, unless anyone requests reCAPTCHAs on any other forms.

maildodge 11-13-2017 04:53 AM

Hi,

So we have issues with bot registrations on our site too. X-Cart support reccommended the Google reCAPTCHA and we paid to have this installed and setup.

But it is still happening. Seems they are doing it through the checkout page and not just the registration. Does your solution also fix the checkout or have you seen this problem before?

Thanks.

Thomasb134 11-13-2017 12:11 PM

Has anyone installed this on the V4.4.x branch? If so, it would be great to hear about any changes you had to do to make it compatible.

I did a quick preliminary check on the impact of using it and found only one area that needed a change. On step 12 (include/help.php file) the variable $antibot_pwd_err is different in my V4.4.6 (mine uses $antibot_contactus_err).

But I have not attempted to do the installation so I don't know if there are unexpected surprises that will need some tweaks. Any advice would be great.