X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Newest Products (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=1084)

MallRomania 04-07-2006 07:01 AM

Hello.

I have some errors when acces http://mallromania.ro/newproducts.php

INVALID SQL: 0 :
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT COUNT(xcart_products.productid) FROM xcart_products, xcart_categories, xcart_products_categories, xcart_pricing WHERE xcart_products.productid=xcart_products_categories .productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid=xcart_categor ies.categoryid AND xcart_products.productid=xcart_pricing.productid AND xcart_pricing.quantity=1 AND (xcart_pricing.membership='' OR xcart_pricing.membership='') AND (xcart_categories.membership='' OR xcart_categories.membership='') AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' AND xcart_products.avail>0 AND xcart_pricing.variantid = 0AND xcart_products.avail > 0 AND add_date > 1143817094 AND add_date < 1144421894 GROUP BY xcart_products.productid

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mallroma/public_html/include/func.php on line 102

I added latest code and corection for it but still have this error. Also, no products are show when select 24 hours, 3 days etc

Thanks

cliffo4 04-07-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MallRomania
INVALID SQL: 0 :
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT COUNT(xcart_products.productid) FROM xcart_products, xcart_categories, xcart_products_categories, xcart_pricing WHERE xcart_products.productid=xcart_products_categories .productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid=xcart_categor ies.categoryid AND xcart_products.productid=xcart_pricing.productid AND xcart_pricing.quantity=1 AND (xcart_pricing.membership='' OR xcart_pricing.membership='') AND (xcart_categories.membership='' OR xcart_categories.membership='') AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' AND xcart_products.avail>0 AND xcart_pricing.variantid = 0AND xcart_products.avail > 0 AND add_date > 1143817094 AND add_date < 1144421894 GROUP BY xcart_products.productid

A quick look mayby where you have a "0AND" ahould really be "0 AND" - noting the space?

MallRomania 04-07-2006 11:09 AM

Hmm...i must clean up my oculars :oops: Thank you :lol:

MallRomania 04-07-2006 11:33 AM

Ok, everything it's ok when i visit newproducts.php..but how to show newproducts in main page? I added in customer/home_main.tpl this code

{elseif $main eq "newproducts"}
{include file="customer/main/newproducts.tpl"}

and in welcome.tpl

{include file="customer/main/newest.tpl" newproducts=$newproducts}

but only new product box appear with no products in.

see here:

http://mallromania.ro/home.php?shopkey=1086

MallRomania 04-09-2006 03:31 AM

Can somebody help me, please? I want to open site for users tomorow and this option will be useful for me.

Thanks

cliffo4 04-09-2006 03:40 AM

Quote:

Can somebody help me, please? I want to open site for users tomorow and this option will be useful for me.

Thanks

Not quite sure what your trying to achieve. On site I do work for (http://interstellarsounds.com) I built a new block based on bestsellers. The code to pull out the newest items is also included into bestsellers.php - as that already gets called. In the block I built (newitems.tpl), there is a link to each product but a link at the bottom of the block to newproducts.php.

Hope that helps to give you some ideas to extend and integrate to your cart/site[/url]

MallRomania 04-09-2006 03:50 AM

All i want is to display newest products in main page, not only when press link. Something similar with featured products will be be very good. Can you send me your code please? (admin@mallromania.ro)

Thank you

cliffo4 04-09-2006 04:49 AM

Quote:

All i want is to display newest products in main page, not only when press link. Something similar with featured products will be be very good. Can you send me your code please? (admin@mallromania.ro)

Thank you

Well in the spirit of sharing here is the basis of thing. Do take into account that I have taken out some of the more specific requirements of my development to give a basis to be working on. Code based on Xcart Gold 4.0.18

/modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.php.

Code:

<?php
/*****************************************************************************\
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| X-Cart                                                                      |
| Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru>                      |
| All rights reserved.                                                        |
| PLEASE READ  THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" |
| FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE  |
| AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php                    |
|                                                                            |
| THIS  AGREEMENT  EXPRESSES  THE  TERMS  AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE |
| THIS SOFTWARE  PROGRAM  AND  ASSOCIATED  DOCUMENTATION  THAT  RUSLAN  R. |
| FAZLIEV (hereinafter  referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING  OR MAKING |
| AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH  THIS  AGREEMENT  (COLLECTIVELY,  THE  "SOFTWARE").  |
| PLEASE  REVIEW  THE  TERMS  AND  CONDITIONS  OF  THIS  LICENSE AGREEMENT |
| CAREFULLY  BEFORE  INSTALLING  OR  USING  THE  SOFTWARE.  BY INSTALLING, |
| COPYING  OR  OTHERWISE  USING  THE  SOFTWARE,  YOU  AND  YOUR  COMPANY |
| (COLLECTIVELY,  "YOU")  ARE  ACCEPTING  AND AGREEING  TO  THE TERMS OF THIS |
| LICENSE  AGREEMENT.  IF  YOU    ARE  NOT  WILLING  TO  BE  BOUND BY THIS |
| AGREEMENT, DO  NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.  VARIOUS  COPYRIGHTS  AND |
| OTHER  INTELLECTUAL  PROPERTY  RIGHTS    PROTECT  THE  SOFTWARE.  THIS |
| AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES  YOU  LIMITED  RIGHTS  TO  USE |
| THE  SOFTWARE  AND  NOT  AN  AGREEMENT  FOR SALE OR FOR  TRANSFER OF TITLE.|
| THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT.      |
|                                                                            |
| The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev            |
| Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2005          |
| Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved.                                    |
\*****************************************************************************/

#
# $Id: bestsellers.php,v 1.24.2.4 2006/01/16 14:58:31 mclap Exp $
#
# Bestsellers and now newitems at same time to save some processing
#

if (!defined('XCART_SESSION_START')) { header("Location: ../../"); die("Access denied"); }

if ($active_modules['Bestsellers'] || $active_modules['Newitems']){

if (!is_numeric($config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]))
        $config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"] = 0;

#
# Get products data for current category and store it into $products array
#
$avail_condition = "";
if ($config["General"]["unlimited_products"] == "N" && $config["General"]["disable_outofstock_products"] == "Y")
        $avail_condition = " AND $sql_tbl[products].avail>0 ";

$cat = intval($cat);

if ($cat) {

$category_data = func_query_first("SELECT categoryid_path, threshold_bestsellers FROM $sql_tbl[categories] USE INDEX (PRIMARY) WHERE categoryid='$cat'");
        $result = func_query("SELECT categoryid, threshold_bestsellers FROM $sql_tbl[categories] USE INDEX (pam) WHERE categoryid_path LIKE '$category_data[categoryid_path]/%' AND avail='Y'");

$threshold = (int)$category_data["threshold_bestsellers"];

$cat_ids = array();

if (is_array($result)) {
                foreach($result as $k=>$v) {
                        $cat_ids[] = $v["categoryid"];
                        if ($v["threshold_bestsellers"]>0 && $threshold > $v["threshold_bestsellers"])
                                $threshold = $v["threshold_bestsellers"];
                }
        }
        else
                $cat_ids[] = $cat;

$str = " AND $sql_tbl[products_categories].categoryid IN (".implode(",", $cat_ids).")";

if ($threshold)
                $threshold -=1;

$search_query1 = $str." AND $sql_tbl[products].views_stats>0 AND $sql_tbl[products].sales_stats > $threshold";
}
else {
        $threshold = 0;
        $search_query1 = " AND $sql_tbl[products].sales_stats>$threshold";
}

$search_query2 = " AND $sql_tbl[products].add_date>UNIX_TIMESTAMP()-(14*86400) and $sql_tbl[products].add_date >0 and $sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y'";

$order_by1 = "$sql_tbl[products].sales_stats DESC, $sql_tbl[products].views_stats DESC";
$order_by2 = "rand()";
#$order_by2 = "$sql_tbl[products].views_stats, $sql_tbl[products].newdate_until desc"; \\least viewed by youngest item

#
# Search the bestsellers and newitems
#
        if ($active_modules['Bestsellers']) {
                $bestsellers = func_search_products($search_query1, @$user_account["membership"], $order_by1, $config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]);
                $smarty->assign("bestsellers",$bestsellers);
        }

if ($active_modules['Newitems']) {
                $tmp_str = $str.$search_query2;
                $bestsellers = func_search_products($str.$search_query2, @$user_account["membership"], $order_by2, $config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]);
                if (empty($bestsellers) and  $cat)
                        $bestsellers = func_search_products($search_query2, @$user_account["membership"], $order_by2, $config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]);
                $smarty->assign("newitems",$bestsellers);
        }

}
?>

You may want to pay attention to the query2 string above in relation to column "add_date" as my system uses a different column due to other mods I have made on cart.

skin1/modules/Newitems/newitems.tpl
Code:

{* $Id: newitems.tpl,v 1.3.2.1 2006/03/12 11:15:01 max Exp $ *}
{if $newitems and $active_modules.Newitems}
{capture name=newitem}
<TABLE cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" border="0"><tr valign="top">
{section name=num loop=$newitems max=5}
<TD align="center" width="20%">
<A href="product.php?productid={$newitems[num].productid}">{if $config.Modules.bestsellers_thumbnails eq "Y"}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$newitems[num].productid image_x=90 product=$newitems[num].product}

{/if}
{$newitems[num].product}

<FONT class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_price}:</FONT> {if $newitems[num].price eq 0 and $product.avail lt 1}<FONT class="ProductDetailsTitle"><SPAN id="product_price">{$lng.lbl_TBC}</SPAN></FONT>{else}
                  {if $newitems[num].price ne 0 || $variants ne ''}
          <FONT class="ProductDetailsTitle"><SPAN id="product_price">{include file="currency.tpl" value=$newitems[num].price}</SPAN></FONT><FONT class="MarketPrice"> <SPAN id="product_alt_price">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$newitems[num].price}</SPAN></FONT>
            {if $newitems[num].taxes}
{include file="customer/main/taxed_price.tpl" taxes=$newitems[num].taxes}{/if}
          {else}{$lng.lbl_enter_your_price}{/if}{/if}</A>
{/section}</tr><tr><td align="center" colspan="{$smarty.section.num.total}">more new items</td></tr></TABLE>
{/capture}
{include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_newproducts content=$smarty.capture.newitem extra="width=100%"}

{/if}

This template may need some alteration as I test for Zero price and do some other bits - feel free to alter to fit your needs.

Edit skin1/customer/home.tpl
Code:

{include file="location.tpl"}

{include file="dialog_message.tpl"}

{if $active_modules.Special_Offers ne ""}
{include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/new_offers_message.tpl"}
{/if}

{include file="customer/home_main.tpl"}

{include file="modules/NewItems/newitems.tpl"}

Upto you how and where you place the block - it should come out as a horizontol block with 5 items listed. It can be added elsewhere and will be category sensitive (like bestsellers is). Meaning it will show newest 5 items in currently selected category or if there are none, will do a global search.

Add some sql to xcart:
Code:

INSERT INTO `xcart_modules` VALUES (64, 'Newitems', 'Show Newest items added to site', 'Y');
This will result in you seeing in admin/modules a new module - obviously do activate it to enable the block on front page.

Think thats about it. Can't promise it will work as it is as I've had to pull it all out from my mods - Good luck - and the fun is when you do get it to happen

MallRomania 04-09-2006 05:12 AM

THANK YOU! You are the best! =D>

cliffo4 04-09-2006 05:15 AM

Quote:

THANK YOU! You are the best! =D>

I doubt that - But I do try!