X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

Pitak 10-11-2014 01:02 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

I noticed that you've v3.1 on your instant download link (gumroad)
Is it a typo? I don't see any updates on your changelog.

And yes, I'm stalking you. :)

PhilJ 10-11-2014 01:22 AM

Instant downloaders (Gumroad) will always get the very latest version.

The next *major update* of the template will be available within 1-2 weeks and will be announced on the changelog.

Any purchaser can contact us anytime to obtain the latest files.

I would wait 1-2 weeks.

Pitak 10-11-2014 05:38 AM

Phil, I found a few glitches of the template on my android smartphone.

1. When the phone is in the portrait position, the language button does not show. No problem with Landscape.

2. The featured categories icons does not arrange tidily. There's a white space in the middle.

And these are not related to android phones:

3. The featured category names are in English even when the language is set to other languages.

4. Please add Redactor HTML Editors support for the Category Description forms (admin)

5. Do you think you can include an option to subscribe users in the product list pages when items are not in stock (product notifications module)?

Thank you.

Pitak 10-12-2014 07:04 AM

Phil, in my server error log, there's 2 errors that keeps repeating (thousands of them):

1. "File does not exist" error.

It seems \skin\reboot\custom\reboot_head.tpl has a line:

Code:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$AltSkinDir}/css/reboot_custom_scrollbars.css">

The file "reboot_custom_scrollbars.css" does not exist. Can I delete this line? Or is the file missing from the package?

2. Illegal string offset

Code:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'reboot_menu_type' in /public_html/var/templates_c/8d47bed06ecc2f76e2c98e1771e1e7d6/%%41^412^412A4742%%03_dropdown_mega_combo.tpl.php on line 5

Line 5 in 03_dropdown_mega_combo.tpl is

Code:

{if !$homepage && $config.Reboot.reboot_HM_home_link eq "Y"}<li><a href="./">{$lng.lbl_reboot_home}</a>{/if}

What can I do to fix these?

Thank you. :)

designguru 10-13-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designguru
Phil, I've sent in a ticket some days ago.

Posted over a week ago.
Posted some days ago here.

xtech 10-13-2014 03:21 AM

Hello Phil,
I have posted several tickets to you.Can you please check the issue?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 10-13-2014 08:51 AM

Pitak,

Quote:

1. When the phone is in the portrait position, the language button does not show. No problem with Landscape.

skin/reboot/custom/header/header_account_menu.tpl

Replace...

Code:

{if $all_languages_cnt gt 1}
<div class="btn-group hidden-xxs">

With...
Code:

{if $all_languages_cnt gt 1}
<div class="btn-group">

Quote:

2. The featured categories icons does not arrange tidily. There's a white space in the middle.

That's not helped by you having different icon heights. You could always add a fixed height div container around the icons to compensate, or try a different featured category style.

Or set the max-height of your icons. See skin/reboot/custom/widgets/home_featured_categories.tpl

Code:

{assign var='max_h' value='100'}

Quote:

3. The featured category names are in English even when the language is set to other languages.

Single language only at the moment, sorry. It may be multi-language capable in the next version.

Quote:

4. Please add Redactor HTML Editors support for the Category Description forms (admin)

ok.

Quote:

5. Do you think you can include an option to subscribe users in the product list pages when items are not in stock (product notifications module)?

Not when it already exists, you can purchase the Qualiteam module here. It's also included in X-Cart Gold Plus / Platinum.

Pitak 10-13-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Not when it already exists, you can purchase the Qualiteam module here. It's also included in X-Cart Gold Plus / Platinum.

I've the module activated. But in reBOOT, the product list pages only display the "Out of stock" button. Can you add some kind of link or additional button so that customers can subscribe to the "back in stock" notification without having to go to the product detail page?

Thanks for all of your help. Will wait for the next version, and will report more "bugs" if I find them. <3

PhilJ 10-13-2014 09:17 AM

ok, I see what you mean, I may add that in the next version.

In the meantime, you can simply change the 'out of stock' button wording in skin/reboot/customer/main/buy_now.tpl

Code:

<p><a class="btn btn-danger" href="product.php?productid={$product.productid}">{$lng.txt_out_of_stock|upper}</a></p>

Pitak 10-13-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
ok, I see what you mean, I may add that in the next version.

In the meantime, you can simply change the 'out of stock' button wording in skin/reboot/customer/main/buy_now.tpl

I like the idea. I think for those who have the module activated, we don't need 2 buttons. One is fine - maybe a red "Notify when in stock" button which expands downward when clicked (like the one in the product detail page). Just a suggestion.

For now, I just added a new language variable for this "Notify when in stock" button which brings the customer to the product detail page to subscribe.