X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   new store stuck in maintenance (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68559)

xanadude 01-28-2014 04:30 PM

new store stuck in maintenance

I have been slowly building a new store on this, I removed the tax module and now the store is stuck in closed for maintenance ..... How to get around this please

Thanks

xanadude 01-29-2014 03:19 AM

Re: new store stuck in maintenance

Solved thanks to support team

this is what I did
Try to manually restart the cache generation process in your X-Cart store - first remove the "xcart_dir>/var/.rebuildStarted" file in your X-Cart installation (use your web-site File Manager or FTP to do it), then immediately open the admin back-end page in your browser

all happy again :)

kevfromwiganinlancashire 02-17-2014 01:18 PM

Hi xanadude,

Thanks for posting this, I had the same problem but adding a module. After 4hrs of closed for maintenance:?, I looked in the database and found tables for the module, I then removed that file from /var/ and was able to login and found module installed. Hopefully it will work:-).

Thanks,

Kev

tony_sologubov 02-17-2014 01:28 PM

Guys!

There was a bug in X-Cart 5 related to infinite Maintenance mode. It will be fixed in 5.0.11, which will be shipped this week.

kevfromwiganinlancashire 02-17-2014 01:59 PM

Tony,

I was looking for the Bug Tracker to report it but won't need to now?

Thanks,

Kev

xanadude 02-18-2014 11:30 AM

getting it again now with this error

ERROR: "0" (code N/A)

A new entity was found through the relationship 'XLite\Model\Attribute#product' that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: XLite\Model\Product@0000000043bd29bd000000000dc64c 73. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(..,cascade={"persist"}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement 'XLite\Model\Product#__toString()' to get a clue.

stage 4 out of 5

Only did a clear cache

tony_sologubov 02-18-2014 12:26 PM

Are you using X-Cart 5.0.10? If so what did you do before starting cache rebuild?

xanadude 02-18-2014 12:35 PM

yes I am on 5.0.10
all I did was remove an image from the front page
then did a rebuild cache as I had been adding a load of products

xanadude 02-18-2014 12:39 PM

http://wemakeanyshirt.com/shop2014/ this is the site sorry

tony_sologubov 02-18-2014 12:39 PM

Could you please send me a message at support@x-cart.com with the reference of this thread? I will look into this problem free of charge and will try to find what is the problem.

xanadude 02-18-2014 12:44 PM

I have sent the email Tony thanks

I have tried soft reset as this got me out of grief last time but it wont work this time and the hard reset just gives an SQL error

thanks

tony_sologubov 02-18-2014 03:02 PM

Hm, cannot see your message. Could you please pm me what email you send your message from?

xanadude 02-22-2014 04:42 AM

Any update as still stuck . I have backed up to local pc and in the same state

thanks

xanadude 02-23-2014 09:18 AM

I see 5.0.11 is downloadable but still stuck is there an update for 5.0.10 to .11 that may fix this

kevfromwiganinlancashire 02-23-2014 12:50 PM

Can you not update it by clicking on the link in admin?
It's at the top left in admin where it gives the version 5.0.10 it should say updates available.

Kev

xanadude 02-23-2014 01:20 PM

No bud I cant access it at all admin or user side
all recovery options fail

stranded half way through build

this is the 3rd failed cache clear

kevfromwiganinlancashire 02-23-2014 01:28 PM

Is there anything showing if you ftp or control panel. Can you run the install script again to see if it will repair?

xanadude 02-23-2014 01:49 PM

I have tried the soft reset and the hard reset neither work
Soft reset gets to the error page the hard reset reports an SQL error so no luck their either

xanadude 02-23-2014 01:52 PM

Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateSchema" plugin... [5.68sec, 12.3MB (12.0MB)]
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateModules" plugin... [1.20sec, 12.7MB (374kB)]
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_ProxyGenerator" plugin... [0.80sec, 14.5MB (1.9MB)]
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_LoadFixtures" plugin... [0.02sec, 14.6MB (14kB)]
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_PaymentMethods" plugin... [0.40sec, 16.0MB (1.5MB)]
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_QuickData" plugin...

its always here it fails

ERROR: "0" (code N/A)

A new entity was found through the relationship 'XLite\Model\Attribute#product' that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: XLite\Model\Product@0000000039eee27c0000000060540f 1c. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(..,cascade={"persist"}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement 'XLite\Model\Product#__toString()' to get a clue.

this is the third fail in the two weeks I have had this package,,, first was right at the start of build so just re-installed

2nd was after a week of build but the reset -1 got it back

this time just cant seem to get it back and don't fancy another rebuild with all the work done already

tony_sologubov 02-24-2014 02:40 PM

Just send you an email about this problem. Upgrade to 5.0.11 should solve the problem.

xanadude 02-26-2014 03:13 AM

Hi Tony

Could not upgrade as not able to get into the admin side at all as it stuck at that error display so I have completely rebuilt.

Thanks for looking into it though

tony_sologubov 02-27-2014 05:07 AM

This problem is caused by the bug in our attribute system.

In order to fix the problem you should delete all product attributes via MySQL.

For that you need to clean up the following tables:
| xlite_attribute_group_translations |
| xlite_attribute_groups |
| xlite_attribute_option_translations |
| xlite_attribute_options |
| xlite_attribute_translations |
| xlite_attribute_values_checkbox |
| xlite_attribute_values_select |
| xlite_attribute_values_text |
| xlite_attributes |
| xlite_product_variant_attribute_value_checkbox |
| xlite_product_variant_attribute_value_select |
| xlite_product_variants_attributes

and rebuild the cache. After that you will be able to upgrade to 5.0.11 where this bug is fixed.

poloplata 02-27-2014 05:28 PM

Attempted to enable UPS module and same problem occurred - stuck in maintenance. Able to recover but still need to enable UPS.

tony_sologubov 03-06-2014 01:01 PM

Hi!

Do you have any errors in the files of <X-Cart 5>/var/log/ folder? If it is clean, please check your web-server error logs too.

Tony.

Charlie@dsemedical.com 03-20-2014 08:26 AM

Tony - we are having the same problem, Im inside the Database, what exactly am I deleting? If I delete all of the attributes within those Tables, when I rebuild would those come back?

tony_sologubov 05-08-2014 04:54 AM

Hi Charlie!

Is this problem still actual for you? If so, you need to delete all the data from the tables mentioned here:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=370085&postcount=22 and then rebuild the cache. It should be working properly after that.

djancak 07-19-2014 12:56 PM

X-Cart 5 got stuck in maintenance after I tried the free activation. I tried the solution mentioned earlier to remove the /var/.rebuildStarted file but now it is just giving me an ugly error in the cache rebuild. First it started with http://puu.sh/aiu0f/01ea5e4420.png and has progressed to http://puu.sh/aiuix/69406088db.png which it is stuck on again. This is depressing as I had just gotten done doing a lot of work on the website and now it's unusable again. I'm running version 5.1.3 and I don't know what modules are installed since I can't access X-Cart any more.

tony_sologubov 07-21-2014 04:49 AM

Hi!

Just sent you an email.

Tony.

Mosherbk 07-27-2014 04:57 PM

I was advised by the X-cart support person to post this to the forums. This looks like a good as place as any. I have Version 5.1.4 Free Version.

Whenever I install, enable, disable etc. a module I get the "store closed issue" and must fix it with the knowledge based instructions here: http://kb.x-cart.com/pages/viewpage....pageId=7504187.

One of the links used to usually fixes it but some of them disables all the modules so I'm further behind.

Now when I attempt to use these solutions I get this error message:
ERROR: "42000" (code N/A)
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1226 User 'shalebrooksoap' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000)

Any help?
Thanks

Andrew_J 07-29-2014 07:26 AM

I don't know how to link to posts in other threads so I'll quote my post here. First, what I wrote in another thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re X-Cart 5 being stuck in maintenance mode, I discovered two things that seemed to be true.

-If you are attempting to install a new module and the cache rebuild fails on step 9, you could have a syntax error in one of the files. This was the case with me.

-If you have a cache rebuild fail on steps 1-5, it could be a connection timeout. If you can't increase the time to 300 seconds, get hosting somewhere else.

I got hosting at Total Solutions (formerly EWD) and that fixed this timeout issue for me entirely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, an additional comment about your MySQL error. I think your host placed limits on your DB requests that is below what X-Cart needs to operate. Switching hosts will fix this. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosherbk
I was advised by the X-cart support person to post this to the forums. This looks like a good as place as any. I have Version 5.1.4 Free Version.

Whenever I install, enable, disable etc. a module I get the "store closed issue" and must fix it with the knowledge based instructions here: http://kb.x-cart.com/pages/viewpage....pageId=7504187.

One of the links used to usually fixes it but some of them disables all the modules so I'm further behind.

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1226 User 'shalebrooksoap' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000)

Any help?
Thanks

tony_sologubov 07-30-2014 02:45 AM

Hi!

It looks like that you are using a shared hosting and there is some problem with allowed number of MySQL connections there.

https://www.drupal.org/node/1210916

Could you please ask your hosting team to look into this problem?

Please let me know the results.

Tony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosherbk

Any help?
Thanks

GreatLakesVacuum 09-02-2014 12:52 PM

So I am on 5.1.5 and also have this problem often. I just tried to install a new module and it got stuck and now the site is completely inaccessible and stuck in maintenance mode.

Why can't we have a way to revert these changes? What should I do?

x5.greatlakesvacuum.com/store/ shows the issue.

xanadude 09-02-2014 12:54 PM

Hi bud
Im getting use to this ...:)

goto the /var folder
delete the run folder and its contents
and the .RebuildStarted file
it will then restart the rebuild

GreatLakesVacuum 09-02-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanadude
Hi bud
Im getting use to this ...:)

goto the /var folder
delete the run folder and its contents
and the .RebuildStarted file
it will then restart the rebuild

Seems like a lot of files to delete... I'll give it a shot.

GreatLakesVacuum 09-02-2014 01:09 PM

Ok, so that did work, but it failed again with this:

Deploying store [step 5 of 11], please wait...

Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateSchema" plugin...
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/greatlak/public_html/x5/store/Includes/Utils/Operator.php:170) in /home/greatlak/public_html/x5/store/error_handler.php on line 47
Error
ERROR: "23000" (code N/A)

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '' for key 'UNIQ_6EC5B6BDBBE6A46A' SQL query: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `UNIQ_6EC5B6BDBBE6A46A` ON `xc_products` (`upcIsbn`)

What am I supposed to do now? Just let it sit there with the spinning wheel all night? It needs to have some sort of undo or something right on the very page it errors on! ... Also it displays this page when you access the customer side of the website (thank god this isn't a live site) ... this is not good at all. The customer side should at least show the store closed page during all this!!!!!!!

Please help.

tony_sologubov 09-03-2014 02:50 AM

Hi!

You can ask your hosting team to restore your store from the recent backup. The Undo feature you are talking about is really great and it will be implemented after 5.2.0 release.

As for now, I will try to check what is going on with the store and will post you about results today.

Tony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatLakesVacuum
Ok, so that did work, but it failed again with this:

Deploying store [step 5 of 11], please wait...

Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateSchema" plugin...
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/greatlak/public_html/x5/store/Includes/Utils/Operator.php:170) in /home/greatlak/public_html/x5/store/error_handler.php on line 47
Error
ERROR: "23000" (code N/A)

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '' for key 'UNIQ_6EC5B6BDBBE6A46A' SQL query: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `UNIQ_6EC5B6BDBBE6A46A` ON `xc_products` (`upcIsbn`)

What am I supposed to do now? Just let it sit there with the spinning wheel all night? It needs to have some sort of undo or something right on the very page it errors on! ... Also it displays this page when you access the customer side of the website (thank god this isn't a live site) ... this is not good at all. The customer side should at least show the store closed page during all this!!!!!!!

Please help.

tony_sologubov 09-03-2014 02:54 AM

Unfortunately, there is no access info to connect to your server in Helpdesk, so I cannot tell you exactly what is wrong.

Anyway, the plan for you would be
1) Contact hosting team and ask them restore your store from recent backup
2) Please let me know what module you were trying to install and I will try to recreate the problem on my local installation
3) You can drop a message to our tech support team at support@x-cart.com and discuss the problem with our engineers

GreatLakesVacuum 09-03-2014 09:46 AM

I have put it there so many times... *sigh*

I will put it in there again, I hope you are able to help me today.

I do believe you also have access to my store via information sent via email.

EDIT: Ok I put it in again Tony. Please advise. I did install a module from the marketplace yesterday and that is likely what caused this.

GreatLakesVacuum 09-04-2014 07:25 AM

Tony,

I have had my host roll the entire files and database back to 3pm 2 days ago before this happened but the admin side still isn't working, we get an error when we try to log in.

I also emailed you about this.

tony_sologubov 09-04-2014 11:34 AM

Just checked your store and it seems to be up and running. Did you manage to fix the problem yourself?

Tony.