X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   X-Payments issues & questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   X-payments server is DOWN (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67340)

necroflux 07-12-2013 10:02 AM

X-payments server is DOWN

My X-payment server is currently down (***.x-checkout.com) - this is disturbing news along with all of the other issues I'm having with X-payments not working properly at the moment. For those who have been using X-cart's own X-payment hosting, how often does this happen? My checkout page doesn't even load since it's trying to load the iFrame off of this account.

Another question - if I install X-payments on my own server, does that mean that I'm no longer PCI compliant? I still don't quite have a full grasp on that part of the equation.

aweisensel 07-12-2013 10:20 AM

Re: X-payments server is DOWN

Quote:

Originally Posted by necroflux
My X-payment server is currently down (***.x-checkout.com) - this is disturbing news along with all of the other issues I'm having with X-payments not working properly at the moment. For those who have been using X-cart's own X-payment hosting, how often does this happen? My checkout page doesn't even load since it's trying to load the iFrame off of this account.

Another question - if I install X-payments on my own server, does that mean that I'm no longer PCI compliant? I still don't quite have a full grasp on that part of the equation.

I am also unable to connect to the hosted X-Payments.

We've been on it for about 3 months now without a problem until today.

You can be PCI compliant on your own server but then the environment where the host is located needs to be compliant as well. And that's not a real simple answer.

joss 07-12-2013 10:43 AM

Sorry for the situation, we're working on it and will let you know as soon as we get the results.

joss 07-12-2013 11:28 AM

Please accept our apologies. There was an issue with the power which has been fixed by the EWDHosting engineers.

However, if you still experience any issues, please contact us via the HelpDesk.

ambal 07-12-2013 11:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am really sorry about this outage. It was caused by power supply problem at the data center. It was fixed really fast but there was some downtime anyways. We are still in our uptime guarantee and working with the data center crew to make sure everything runs smoothly now.

necroflux 07-12-2013 11:33 AM

Yup, it's up now - thanks for the update Joss.

For something as critical as having a hosted payment server, though, you absolutely NEED to have redundant backup servers in various parts of the country. Set up a load balancer with various nodes in various physical locations so this never happens.

ambal 07-12-2013 11:41 AM

Necroflux, thank you for the suggestion! It is definitely a way to go even when you use such a reliable data center as EWD/Colo that hasn't had any downtime since 2005 till now.

"Your day will come anyway" (c) someone famous

BBM_ 07-12-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necroflux
Yup, it's up now - thanks for the update Joss.

For something as critical as having a hosted payment server, though, you absolutely NEED to have redundant backup servers in various parts of the country. Set up a load balancer with various nodes in various physical locations so this never happens.

This is payment gateway 101 and honestly is quite surprising that it's not already in place.

I would like to utilize X-payments but I was concerned about uptime, as well as latency (due to being USA hosted) Hopefully QT will improve this in the near future.

cflsystems 07-13-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBM_
I would like to utilize X-payments but I was concerned about uptime, as well as latency (due to being USA hosted) Hopefully QT will improve this in the near future.

Buy the downloadable version, use AC OPC with its X-Payments Connector - this will work just fine as there will be no redirect from the checkout page and X-Payments url will not be visible to customers...

carpeperdiem 07-13-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Buy the downloadable version, use AC OPC with its X-Payments Connector - this will work just fine as there will be no redirect from the checkout page and X-Payments url will not be visible to customers...

That's what I do.
Works great.