X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sales-n-Stats Free edition released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=18013)

verbic 11-16-2005 04:55 AM

Sales-n-Stats Free edition released

We gladly announce that free edition of Sales-n-Stats software is now available for general public. This edition is mostly oriented for small e-commerce web sites. Functionally it is the same as Sales-n-Stats Live product (except VoIP) but has limitations of daily pageviews and chat sessions.

Download URL: http://www.sales-n-stats.com/free_edition.html

Dongan 11-16-2005 06:06 AM

another addition. thank you.

Online Michael 11-28-2005 01:08 AM

Thanks, but no thanks.

AlanT 11-30-2005 07:29 AM

Sounds like a great thing to me. Small stores will have the option to have a free add-on, and if they grow into large stores, X-Cart developers have an easy sale.

I know that I would not spend the $300 on the software without having some 'real world' experience with it.

snorocket 11-30-2005 08:45 AM

just installed

I just recently installed the free edition and it works pretty good, my main comment is the graphics and icons look like their from a 1960's atari video game, they need to be made more professional looking. I found it to be cumbersome creating reports but I'm learning and I would'nt have considered buying without a free trial version like this first, it works good and did'nt appear to slow the site down at all, the live tracking features are nice and work well, I give SNS a B+ though I feel its a little exensive at $300, its worth giving SNS a test drive.

cotc2001 11-30-2005 01:52 PM

any news on the enterprise version yet??

the reason why i didnt stick with sns was that i couldnt offer support at more than one physical location. i.e at the office and then when finished there could transfer to home

snorocket 11-30-2005 02:10 PM

so if...

so if your out on the road you can't have a 2nd install of SNS on a laptop to provide support when away from the office?

Do you have to install the SNS Connector for the FREE version?

verbic 11-30-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

just recently installed the free edition and it works pretty good, my main comment is the graphics and icons look like their from a 1960's atari video game, they need to be made more professional looking.

We did it intentionally cause we like that style :D The badge is customizable, so you can change defualt pictures and even layout of the visitors badge through Tools->System settings->Visitor->Badge setup.

Quote:

any news on the enterprise version yet??

Originally we planned to release it in December but work on the Free version drained many resources from the development team. Now we plan to release Enterprise version in February - March.

Quote:

so if your out on the road you can't have a 2nd install of SNS on a laptop to provide support when away from the office?
Yes you can, but you need to shut down the other copy or else you wil not be able to connect to Data Collector.

rrf 12-01-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbic
Quote:

just recently installed the free edition and it works pretty good, my main comment is the graphics and icons look like their from a 1960's atari video game, they need to be made more professional looking.

We did it intentionally cause we like that style :D The badge is customizable, so you can change defualt pictures and even layout of the visitors badge through Tools->System settings->Visitor->Badge setup.

WE ? It's you Verbic who likes that :P.

verbic 12-01-2005 02:18 AM

Nope, I'm not alone, Olga the graphic designer is also on my side. We even plan to build in classic Asteroids clone in version 1.4 :D LOL
Damn, we'll have to pay huge royalties to Atari :?
Well, we will have to invent something new. How about "Shoot the visitor"?