X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   How do I change the "out of stock" message to "sold out"? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=55123)

keikoh 08-17-2010 01:55 PM

Re: In stead of " Out of Stock " should be possible to

How do I change the "out of stock" message to "sold out"? I'm a non tech, super beginner here. trying to read through faqs, to figure out...

robb3369 08-17-2010 02:12 PM

You need to change the "txt_out_of_stock" language variable in the admin page (under content -> languages)

keikoh 08-17-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robb3369
You need to change the "txt_out_of_stock" language variable in the admin page (under content -> languages)

admin/file edit? there's no content>languages... i'm using the basic basic, possibly older versions of xcart... I go to edit templates? sorry super beginner here.

cflsystems 08-17-2010 02:46 PM

Not edit templates. In admin under management - languages

robb3369 08-17-2010 02:50 PM

I knew someone else would have a more accurate answer... If you add your X-Cart version to your forum signature so folks can better answer your questions.

Also see:
http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Customizing_storefront#Using_Webmaster_mode

balinor 08-17-2010 03:02 PM

Re: How do I change the "out of stock" message to "sold out"?

Moving this to its own thread - instead of posting in a 6 year old thread, it is best to start a new one. Also, please update your signature as requested, thank you.

Dan.roh 08-20-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keikoh
How do I change the "out of stock" message to "sold out"? I'm a non tech, super beginner here. trying to read through faqs, to figure out...

Why would you want to do that in any case? Rather change it to "Pre-order". This way your customers can still order the product and pay for it and then you can put a question in you FAQ - Below is just an example; From a sales point of view, why loose an order?

Q - When will my order be delivered?

A - Delivery times will depend upon the item’s availability, the delivery option you choose and your location.

Generally deliveries are as follows:

For items showing as In Stock Now
-You will receive your order on the following working day if your order was placed before 15:00 otherwise the day after.

For items showing as Pre-Order
-You will receive your order within 2-3 working days, but please allow up to 5 working days. This will depend on our suppliers.

amy2203 08-20-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan.roh
Why would you want to do that in any case? Rather change it to "Pre-order". This way your customers can still order the product and pay for it

this is a custom mod though? by default, if you have inventory tracking on, which is how you would get the sold out text as the qty is zero, xcart won't allow the sale of a zero qty product.

Dan.roh 08-21-2010 12:50 AM

That is correct Amy. Sorry, forgot to mention that part. :) My site has so many custom mods that I find it hard to recall sometimes which features was standard and which was modified.

If I recall correctly BCS modified that for me as well, but it was nothing major in the code. I wanted it like that because the way I see it, a sale is a sale and as long as your customer is aware that his order would arrive delayed and he still goes ahead with it then it's fine. In my case, items that are out of stock will arrive with my customer within 3 days but I do state that it might take longer depending on our suppliers to cover myself if it does take a bit longer

Dan.roh 08-21-2010 01:00 AM

This is what was done. My inventory remained un touched. So all my products is set to 100 000 in stock. This way they will never become out of stock :)

An extra field was put in where you upload new products called "stock indicator" and in there you specify the amount that is in stock. Also, if "stock indicator" = 1 or above it will display in a language variable on my site in green - "In Stock Now" and everything in my "stock indicator" that is 0(zero) will display on my site as "Pre-order" in orange. And therefore xcart allows you to checkout because you have 100 000 in stock even if you have Zero

Works for me!