X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Want a WYSIWYG detailed description text area? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=7407)

gallica 04-14-2006 05:27 AM

To get this one working you might do the following :

Extract content of archive into /provider/

Modify single/home.tpl, and right after the </HEAD> put
Code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="wysiwyg.js">

and then finaly, amend the skin1/main/product_details.tpl like that for product detail description
Code:

<TEXTAREA id="textarea1" name="fulldescr" cols="45" rows="12" class="InputWidth" id="wysiwyg1">{$product.fulldescr|escape:"html"}</TEXTAREA>
    <script language="javascript1.2">
  generate_wysiwyg('textarea1');
</script>

mffowler 05-13-2006 03:04 AM

In my case, the install was on an X-Cart Pro package and you can edit products in admin. If you are a "provder", then you just need to apply the mod to those respective files.

- Mike

TA 05-14-2006 02:01 PM

I have just installed htmlarea and it is working fairly well. I am using it on detailed desc. and static pages.

Is there a way to use the editor for short descriptions and detailed? I found the code for detailed, but I can't make them both work.

Also has anybody ever figured out a fix on the multiple refreshing that is sometimes required?

mffowler 05-14-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Add the id="wysiwyg1" to the TEXTAREA to correspond. Change the ID for multiple instances.
That should solve your issue (the change ID part)... make the first one wysiwyg1 and the second one wysiwyg2 and change the call in both instances per usage.

- Mike

TA 05-14-2006 03:41 PM

Here is what I ended up doing and it seems to have worked. I first removed the code from the top of product_modify.tpl that I had added during original install. Then I added this code to product_details.tpl.

Code:

<TD colspan="3" align="center">
<INPUT type="submit" value=" {$lng.lbl_save} "></TD>
</TR>

*******ADDED********

<script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>
editor_generate('descr');
</script>

<script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>
editor_generate('fulldescr');
</script>

</FORM>

</TABLE>

I now have the editor for both descriptions and no errors. I also have this coded for the static pages and I did have to refresh that a few times, but that is a much less used area, so the hassle factor is minor to me.

mffowler 05-14-2006 04:54 PM

It may help to just remove the "template cache" as the editor just takes a few clicks to install... and the vanilla code should work for most versions.

- Mike

jsa 05-20-2006 06:28 PM

Languages WYSIWYG editor + Firefox question for OpenWYSIWYG

Thanks mffowler for the awesome OpenWYSIWYG solution! Nice!

If you want to use this in your languages area, it's a little more complex. Here's what you do.

open up skin1/admin/main/languages.tpl

After:
Code:

<TD align="left"><TEXTAREA cols="35" rows="6" name=var_value[{$data[di].name}]>{$data[di].value|escape:html}</TEXTAREA>

Add:
Code:

<script language="JavaScript">
  generate_wysiwyg('var_value[{$data[di].name}]');
</script>

Also, I have a question.

Oddly, this doesn't work in Firefox for me, just IE. It's weird, because example.html shows the WYSIWYG box in all browsers for me.

Anybody have any guesses as to why that may be?

jsa 05-20-2006 06:33 PM

This also works super duper great for static content. Add the "vanilla" code mffolwer gives to admin/main/page_edit.tpl

like this:

Code:

<script language="JavaScript">
  generate_wysiwyg('pagecontent');
</script>

You can't believe how much easier this makes 4.0.17 to use.

Now if only there was a spell checker built-in to double check my work ;)

jsa 05-20-2006 07:02 PM

Ooops - spoke too soon.

While the HTML editor shows up everywhere, it's not saving my edits. I think I may have misread something somewhere, or made a wrong assumption. I'll keep working on it.

mffowler 09-23-2006 06:09 AM

Re: Want a WYSIWYG detailed description text area?

Yes, in hindsight- my original post wasn't very complete. Although this is a simple mod that most can install... there are a few version differences that I have noted.

But, with most Gold pre-4.1.x installs, you simply need to put the contents of the "wysiwyg_beta" folder into your root "admin" directory. Then add the previously mentioned code. I was just also just able to do it for the new modify tpl which makes a client very happy..

- Mike

Chris B 02-21-2007 01:19 PM

Using 4.0.19 I've got the editor working except I get a non-secure item error.

I though there may have been an absolute path within the javascript causing the error, but I have not yet been able to find one.

Also, is it possible to have the editors body font display as "arial" when loaded. Currently it appears as "Times New Roman".

Thanks,

Chris

Chris B 02-21-2007 01:40 PM

OK I found what was creating the security error...

Open the file wysiwyg.js and find:

<code>
+ '<iframe frameborder="0" id="wysiwyg' + n + '"></iframe>\n'
</code>

add the editor directory path in iframe:

<code>
+ '<iframe src="/editior_directory/" frameborder="0" id="wysiwyg' + n + '"></iframe>\n'
</code>

Warwick 02-27-2007 08:09 AM

Is there some better WYSIWYG available for 4.1.3 i.e. one that functions with Safari and/or Firefox as well?

I can't be alone with this problem not being able to use the WYSIWYG editor on a Mac? Or am I?

candleshopcreations 02-27-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwick
Is there some better WYSIWYG available for 4.1.3 i.e. one that functions with Safari and/or Firefox as well?

I can't be alone with this problem not being able to use the WYSIWYG editor on a Mac? Or am I?

nope, i installed this on 4.0.18 and it works on my mac/firefox, but not safari. some day...

Warwick 02-27-2007 08:30 AM

Looks like we Mac users are left holding the short end of the stick .... again :(

carpeperdiem 02-27-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Looks like we Mac users are left holding the short end of the stick .... again

Not anymore!

I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro 2.33 dual core INTEL -- and there is a spectacular piece of software (Parallels) that allows you to make a Windows partition that is NOT emulation... it is full-out direct access to the processor... and it is like, no, it is not "like" it IS running macOS and Win on the same machine at the same time.

Totally changed how I work.

Best $66 I ever spent.

I have the best off all worlds. ALSO -- since it is a virtual machine partition, I can let Windows do whatever it does, and if I don't like it, I simply restore to an older partition. You can also clone a partition, and have one partition be your testing platform, and one for production.

Use Windows for what it is, but work on the Mac.

Doesn't help with so-called "marginialization" -- bad developers will continue to ignore the mac os -- and it still puts some $ to microsoft... BUT it gives me a competitive advantage over others that must buy new hardware to run windows. And it's lightning fast.

Warwick 02-27-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro 2.33 dual core INTEL -- and there is a spectacular piece of software (Parallels) that allows you to make a Windows partition that is NOT emulation... it is full-out direct access to the processor... and it is like, no, it is not "like" it IS running macOS and Win on the same machine at the same time.

I've seen this; sounds promising, now only if I had an dual Core Intel ... :)
I do have Virtual PC; this is one of those emulation PC's, but it is slower then, well a PC and MAC; what are your experiences with the dual core running parallels Windows?

carpeperdiem 02-27-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwick
I'what are your experiences with the dual core running parallels Windows?

It's a rocketship. It runs essentially native. VERY different than emulation... not in the same league. It ACTUALLy accesses the processor... so there is no perceived latency.

I also have an AMD X2 4600+ and winxp runs faster on my mac than it does on the AMD dualcore -- partly because so much of the OS is in ram.

I can't say enough good things about parallels. it is truly a "killer app"

Warwick 02-27-2007 09:47 AM

Hmmm, looks like I should be starting to save for a dual core Mac then :)

Chris B 03-02-2007 12:27 PM

OK here is a strange problem.

With the WYSIWIG installed on 4.0.19...

When I have the <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="wysiwyg.js">

included within single/home.tpl, right after the </HEAD>, we get script errors for the "Advance Search Options" java on the "Modify Product" page.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

fearnothing 03-03-2007 03:10 AM

Excellent Mod !!!

Any ideas on how to make this work for Manufacturers? I'm assuming /modules/manufacturers/manufacturers.tpl but the editor isn't showing when I'm including the code :(

(There's a tweak somewhere in the forum I found ages ago to allow HTML in manufacturers description, but I can't find it right now)

[Edit] I'm getting the script errors preventing me from using the advanced search too

Chris B 03-04-2007 07:28 AM

here is the fix for the advanced search java error...

instead of:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="/provider/wysiwyg.js">

included within single/home.tpl, right after the </HEAD>

use the following:

{if $section eq "main"}
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="/provider/wysiwyg.js">
{/if}

Chris

fanta 03-14-2007 05:33 AM

Does this WYSIWYG works on Litecommerce?

Thank you
Gianni

fearnothing 03-15-2007 09:57 AM

The code above works a treat for product descriptions on Gold (including the fix for advanced search java errors).

To enable WYSIWYG for static pages and manufacturers, this is what I did:

Copy contents of the zip file to /admin (NOT skin1/admin)

Add the following to skin1/admin/main/page_edit.tpl

Code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="wysiwyg.js"></script>

right after

Code:

{rdelim}
{/if}
    document.pagesform.submit();
{rdelim}
</SCRIPT>

then amend the lines referring to 'pagecontent' at around line 70 like this:

Code:

<TD><TEXTAREA id="textarea1" name="pagecontent" cols="45" rows="20" id="wysiwyg1">{$page_content|escape:"html"|default:"Page$default_index content"}</TEXTAREA>
</script>

That takes care of static pages.

For manufacturers (assuming you have the description field freed up to accept HTML) edit

/skin1/modules/Manufacturers/manufacturers.tpl like this:

add the following code:
Code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="wysiwyg.js"></script>

right after this code at around line 135:
Code:

{if $administrate eq "" and $login ne $manufacturer.provider and $smarty.get.mode ne "add"}
{assign var="disabled" value=" disabled"}
{/if}

Then edit the lines relating to 'descr' at around line 156 to the following:
Code:

<TD><TEXTAREA id="textarea1" name="descr" rows="10" cols="60" style="width:80%"{$disabled} id="wysiwyg1">{$manufacturer.descr}</TEXTAREA>
</script>

designtheweb 01-16-2008 11:16 AM

This download doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

First download the file from http://www.ewdhosting.com/htmlarea.zip