X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pop-up Anywhere module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66512)

candc 06-05-2013 06:37 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Thankyou Karina :-)

It was disabled, it is now on with just the bottom checkout bar enabled.

I do have those variables.

There is no sign of the period settings on either page. I am assuming they should be the same as the images you posted earlier.

http://www.candccentral.co.uk/popup-1.png

http://www.candccentral.co.uk/popup-2.png

Something has gone wrong on the updating I think as it was working ok.

karina 06-05-2013 07:11 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by candc
Thankyou Karina :-)

It was disabled, it is now on with just the bottom checkout bar enabled.

I do have those variables.

There is no sign of the period settings on either page. I am assuming they should be the same as the images you posted earlier.

Something has gone wrong on the updating I think as it was working ok.


According to the screenshots it seems that the module files were not updated. But I remember that you fixed the issue with 'XC_TBL_PREFIX' and it means that you've updated the files already.
So another possible reason: cache is not re-generated.

Could you please clear the cache ('<xcart_root_dir>/var/cache' and '<xcart_root_dir>/var/templates_c' directories) and check the module once again?

candc 06-05-2013 07:29 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Could you please clear the cache ('<xcart_root_dir>/var/cache' and '<xcart_root_dir>/var/templates_c' directories) and check the module once again?

Thanks Karina, does not seem to have had any effect.

karina 06-05-2013 07:42 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by candc
does not seem to have had any effect.

One more thing: check your template file <skin_dir>/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/admin/popup_settings.tpl

At the beginning of the file the following info must be presented:
Code:

{*
v3 (xcart_4_6_0), 2013-05-30 17:39:50, popup_settings.tpl, karina
vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et:
*}


Also try to find the following code in this file:
Code:

<tr id="general_period">
      <td width="{$first_column_width}">&nbsp;</td>
      <td nowrap="nowrap" colspan="3" class="popup-settings-title"><label for="period">{$lng.lbl_popup_period}:</label></td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td colspan="2">
        {include file="main/datepicker.tpl" name="start_date" date=$popup_settings.start_date end_year="c+5" start_year="c-1"}
        &nbsp;-&nbsp;{include file="main/datepicker.tpl" name="end_date" date=$popup_settings.end_date end_year="c+5" start_year="c-1"}
      </td>
    </tr>


If your file doesn't contain this code or version differs, that I assume the templates files were not updated. To update files just copy all files from the new module distributive.

If it will not help, please post a new ticket via HelpDesk. We will sort it out for you if we will have the access to your store. Hard to say what else can be the reason of the issue since SQL-patches are applied and module files are updated.

yowstar 07-05-2013 08:50 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
I am getting the following SQL error after applying the most recent update for popup anywhere version 4.5.5

SQL query : SELECT * FROM xcart_popups, xcart_popups_settings WHERE xcart_popups.popup_id = xcart_popups_settings.popup_id AND 1 AND type <> 'minicart_bar' AND whom_to_show IN ('A', 'N') AND is_enabled = 'Y' AND ((xcart_popups.start_date <= 1373042373 AND xcart_popups.end_date >= 1373042373) OR (xcart_popups_settings.when_to_show = 'C')) ORDER BY xcart_popups.position
Error code : 1054
Description : Unknown column 'xcart_popups.start_date' in 'where clause'
Request URI: /error_message.php
Backtrace:
/include/func/func.db.php:309
l/include/func/func.db.php:209
/include/func/func.db.php:489
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:302
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:493
/include/common.php:117
/error_message.php:48

cedaly1968 07-05-2013 11:33 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
I installed today and the only problems I am having are:

1. The newlists are pulled from New Management, I use the X-Cart MailChimp Connector - it would be nice to pull from those tables; and
2. The Modify Pop-Up Settings page is dimmed under the Configure Pop-Up Content section. I can select the radial buttons, but not configure the content.

thoughts?


By the way - I noticed in the 4.4.3 files the version for common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/admin/popup_settings.tpl reads 4_5_5 at the top. Not sure if that is an oversight or maybe part of the problem?

karina 07-05-2013 12:31 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
1. The newlists are pulled from New Management, I use the X-Cart MailChimp Connector - it would be nice to pull from those tables; and


Could you please clarify: do you use Mailchimp Basic (available in X-Cart 4.4.x by default) or Advanced Mailchimp (purchased as the separated module)? Also do you mean newslists selector that is visible for 'Pop-up with sign-up to newsletter form', is it correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
2. The Modify Pop-Up Settings page is dimmed under the Configure Pop-Up Content section. I can select the radial buttons, but not configure the content.


Thanks for reporting the issue! I've found the reason in the 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/configure_settings.js' file. To fix the issue it is required to found following line of code in this file (it should be line #24):
Code:

if ($object.attr('checked') == 'checked') {
and replace it with this one:
Code:

if ($object.attr('checked') == true) {

The updated distributive will be in File Area within 1 hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
By the way - I noticed in the 4.4.3 files the version for common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/admin/popup_settings.tpl reads 4_5_5 at the top. Not sure if that is an oversight or maybe part of the problem?


It's OK, the module was developer for 4.5.5 firstly, that is why the file contains this version.

karina 07-05-2013 12:42 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yowstar
I am getting the following SQL error after applying the most recent update for popup anywhere version 4.5.5

SQL query : SELECT * FROM xcart_popups, xcart_popups_settings WHERE xcart_popups.popup_id = xcart_popups_settings.popup_id AND 1 AND type <> 'minicart_bar' AND whom_to_show IN ('A', 'N') AND is_enabled = 'Y' AND ((xcart_popups.start_date <= 1373042373 AND xcart_popups.end_date >= 1373042373) OR (xcart_popups_settings.when_to_show = 'C')) ORDER BY xcart_popups.position
Error code : 1054
Description : Unknown column 'xcart_popups.start_date' in 'where clause'
Request URI: /error_message.php
Backtrace:
/include/func/func.db.php:309
l/include/func/func.db.php:209
/include/func/func.db.php:489
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:302
/modules/Popup_Anywhere/func.php:493
/include/common.php:117
/error_message.php:48


This SQL error means that there are no two new fields in 'xcart_popups' table.

It would be great if you can have a look at 'xcart_popups' table via PhpMyAdmin or mysql console. You need to check if 'start_date' and 'end_date' are presented in it.

If columns are in table then it is required to clear the cache: in admin area via 'Tools -> Maintance -> Clear templates/X-Cart cache' or by removing content from '<xcart_dir>/var/cache' directory.

If columns are not in the table then it is required to apply 'sql/popup_anywhere_patch_upgrade_v10_v110.sql' patch from unpacked module distributive is applied via Admin -> Patch/Upgrade Center, 'Apply SQL-patch' section and then clear the cache.

If you cannot check 'xcart_popups' columns please firstly try to clear the cache. Usually it's the main reason of such issues.

Please do not apply 'sql/popup_anywhere_patch_upgrade_v10_v110.sql' once again if you've already applied it to the store.

cedaly1968 07-05-2013 12:43 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
I use the Advanced Mail Chimp Integration so my Newslists are actually defined in MailChimp and pulled into X-Cart and subscribers are fed directly into MailChimp without the need for manual transfer.

And my configure_settings.js file already reads

if ($object.attr('checked') == true) {

on line 24.

And the mask (overlay) still shows on the checked (and non-checked) options. I don't think the mask is necessary, is it? I can just comment it out of the template.

I am also not getting date ranges to be set for the pop-up window. It looks like that column is missing from the version for 4.4.3

karina 07-06-2013 12:31 AM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
I use the Advanced Mail Chimp Integration so my Newslists are actually defined in MailChimp and pulled into X-Cart and subscribers are fed directly into MailChimp without the need for manual transfer.

Thanks for the clarification. I will check how we can integrate Pop-up Anywhere and Advanced MailChimp from the office, Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
And the mask (overlay) still shows on the checked (and non-checked) options. I don't think the mask is necessary, is it? I can just comment it out of the template.


Mask overlay is required just for user experience: to make it more visually clear which option is selected. Two of three blocks must be masked. One block (with selected option) must be unmasked.

Another possible reason: check the permission of the file 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/configure_settings.js'. It must be 644. The permissions can be changed from console with this line (it is assumed you are in <xcart_root_dir>):
Code:

chmod 644 skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/js/configure_settings.js

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedaly1968
I am also not getting date ranges to be set for the pop-up window. It looks like that column is missing from the version for 4.4.3


Date ranges were added May 30. They can be changed on the 'Modify pop-up settings' page only. I've checked the distributive from File Area and 'start_date' and 'end_date' columns are presented in 'xcart_popups' table and 'admin/popup_settings.tpl' file. Unfortunately I cannot find any possible reason why there are no date ranges in your installation.

It would be better if you contact us via Helpdesk. Especially if you still have issues with masked options. Both issues need to be investigated on the server.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.