X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.3 beta testing (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=48367)

svowl 06-30-2009 04:07 AM

X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Dear Customers,

We are pleased to announce that the new X-Cart branch 4.3.x is now available for beta testing, which is scheduled to continue till August 3, 2009. This beta release aims primarily at regular X-Cart users and developers who now have a great opportunity to test and evaluate the next X-Cart branch and help us make X-Cart 4.3. better.

Important: X-Cart 4.3 is not yet recommended for production use at this stage.

What's new in X-Cart 4.3

The new X-Cart branch includes numerous little enhancement and refinement, and a number of considerable improvements, most of which go behind the scene.

The visible changes introduced with X-Cart 4.3 include:

* AJAX technology for the mini-cart, product rating, etc.
* Quick Search panel
* X-Fancy Categories, X-AOM and X-RMA are now included into the X-Cart distribution package
* Two new skin templates

For a more detailed list of improvements please refer to the file NEW-4.3.0 in the distribution package for X-Cart 4.3 Beta.

How to Obtain

To download a distribution package for X-Cart 4.3 Beta:

1. Log in to your HelpDesk account at https://secure.qtmsoft.com/ and go to the My Licenses section.
2. In the My Licenses section, find the entries marked as "Not for resale license". The two licenses are available for X-Cart Gold 4.3 Beta and X-Cart Pro 4.3 Beta.
3. Click the Accept button corresponding to the necessary license (X-Cart Gold 4.3 Beta or X-Cart Pro 4.3 Beta). This will reload the page and open the X-Cart 4.3 License Agreement.
4. Put your signature into the special form below the License Agreement and click the Accept button.
5. After you have accepted the Agreement, go to the File Area section of your HelpDesk account and download the necessary distribution package.

How to Report

We encourage all registered users of X-Cart 4.3 Beta to report about any bugs, errors, flaws and illogical software behavior through the bug-tracking system at https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/ . For instructions on how use the bug-tracking system please refer to https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/help/ .

UPDATE:

1. To list the licenses correctly, setup the filter as specified below:

Brand = X-Cart
Status = -- Select status -- (no filter)

This will list all X-Cart licenses regardless their status.

2. When signing the Agreement, put your name between two slashes. E.g., /Your Name/

UPDATE 2:

X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 2 has been released on July 09, 2009. You can find it in the File area of your Help Desk.

UPDATE 3:

Starting from July 13, an online demo for X-Cart 4.3 beta is publicly available at http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~svowl/demo. The online demo will be updated periodically and will include all the latest updates and hot fixes.

UPDATE 4:

X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 3 released on August 05, 2009. You can find the distribution packages in the File area of your Help Desk account. The online demo for X-Cart 4.3 beta was updated as well.

UPDATE 5:

October 17, 2009 X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 4 was released. The distribution packages can be found in the File area of your Help Desk account. We also updated the online demo for X-Cart 4.3 beta.

--
Sincerely yours,
X-Cart Team

RichieRich 06-30-2009 04:43 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Is there a demo or do we have to install to test it?

Ene 06-30-2009 04:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

For a more detailed list of improvements please refer to the file NEW-4.3.0 in the distribution package for X-Cart 4.3 Beta.

I have attached it.

Ene 06-30-2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Is there a demo or do we have to install to test it?

You need to install it.

PhilJ 06-30-2009 05:00 AM

For me, even after accepting the licence, I still get the "License isn't accepted" message. I Keep getting "Incorrect Signature".

RichieRich 06-30-2009 05:24 AM

Try entering /Your name/ as the signature

PhilJ 06-30-2009 05:28 AM

That did the trick :) Thanks

Light Speed 06-30-2009 07:35 AM

"Not for resale license" is not listed in the My Licenses section.

Light Speed 06-30-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light Speed
"Not for resale license" is not listed in the My Licenses section.

OK You guys left out instructions!

In the My Licenses section you have to set the FILTER to NOT WORKING.

Then you will see the Not For Resale License.

Light Speed 06-30-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich
Try entering /Your name/ as the signature

And yes it requires you to enter the slashes too. :(

Light Speed 06-30-2009 08:10 AM

Vivid Dreams Violet install error:
Creating directory: [skin1/modules/HTML_Editor/scripts/border] ... [FAILED] - Please make sure the account, under which the web server runs has write permissions for the directory /home/strangenet/public_html/skin1/modules/HTML_Editor/scripts.

ambal 06-30-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Vivid Dreams Violet install error:
Creating directory: [skin1/modules/HTML_Editor/scripts/border] ... [FAILED] - Please make sure the account, under which the web server runs has write permissions for the directory /home/strangenet/public_html/skin1/modules/HTML_Editor/scripts.

Thank you, LightSpeed, but

How to Report

We encourage all registered users of X-Cart 4.3 Beta to report about any bugs, errors, flaws and illogical software behavior through the bug-tracking system at https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/ . For instructions on how use the bug-tracking system please refer to https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/help/ .

svowl 06-30-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

And yes it requires you to enter the slashes too. :(

I have updated the initial post, thank you

Serginfor.com 07-01-2009 08:55 AM

After installation, does not allow me access to admin.
I ask the user and password and does not allow me in, someone i can indicate what to do?

i tried to enter into https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/ and gave me the error below
################################################## ################
X-Cart bug tracking system
http://forum.x-cart.com/images/spacer.gif
APPLICATION ERROR #805The username is invalid. Usernames may only contain latin letters, numbers, spaces, hyphens, and underscores(at least 3 symbols must be presented).
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
################################################## ####

Christofer 07-01-2009 09:03 AM

Have you fixed the problem about the Greek language? I mean on the languages list there is two option "Greek" and "Language of Greece". And on the Greek language it has the code "CY" that is wrong. This is the code of Cyprus, that they are also speak Greek btw. And the "GR" code is on "Language of Greece"..

So please on 4.3 and all next versions, delete the "Language of Greece" and please change the code to "GR" on "Greek"

radionov 07-01-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serginfor.com

i tried to enter into https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/ and gave me the error below
################################################## ################
X-Cart bug tracking system
http://forum.x-cart.com/images/spacer.gif
APPLICATION ERROR #805The username is invalid. Usernames may only contain latin letters, numbers, spaces, hyphens, and underscores(at least 3 symbols must be presented).
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
################################################## ####

Thank you for this note. We will fix this problem as soon as possible. While the problem exists we can offer you the following workaround.
Make sure your first name, registered in your Helpdesk account, contains only Latin characters (in your case the second character of your first name is non-latin).

radionov 07-01-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christofer
Have you fixed the problem about the Greek language? I mean on the languages list there is two option "Greek" and "Language of Greece". And on the Greek language it has the code "CY" that is wrong. This is the code of Cyprus, that they are also speak Greek btw. And the "GR" code is on "Language of Greece"..

So please on 4.3 and all next versions, delete the "Language of Greece" and please change the code to "GR" on "Greek"

Thanks for mentioning that.
Countries and languages have been separated in X-Cart 4.3. Language codes are now correct and compliant with the ISO-3166 standard (for more details see http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/iso_3166_code_lists/english_country_names_and_code_elements.htm)

the_island 07-02-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christofer

+1

In 4.2.x we needed to apply some patches, for the Greek characters to be displayed correctly in some cases (like Company name, address, etc). OK, it was a PHP bug, but we would like those workarounds to be incorporated into the main build, so that we don't have to patch every new x-cart installation ...

anandat 07-02-2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ene
You need to install it.

Ene,
Install of 4.3 beta on official x-cart site server would be nice option so that we can double check it before we submit any bug also not all people will require to download & install it....what do you think ?

Ene 07-02-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Install of 4.3 beta on official x-cart site server would be nice option so that we can double check it before we submit any bug also not all people will require to download & install it....what do you think ?

We will consider it, thank you.

eliasan 07-02-2009 12:29 PM

+1
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_island
+1

In 4.2.x we needed to apply some patches, for the Greek characters to be displayed correctly in some cases (like Company name, address, etc). OK, it was a PHP bug, but we would like those workarounds to be incorporated into the main build, so that we don't have to patch every new x-cart installation ...

eliasan 07-02-2009 12:34 PM

Also please note the "Cannot log into admin area" issue addressed with ticket ID 0038000 in https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/main_page.php.

I do not know how many have the same problem, but I with few others have report it as a bug.

It is such a bad feeling not being able to test drive this new X-Cart version...

Christofer 07-02-2009 04:07 PM

also please make sure that on this new version the UTF-8 will work correctly, coz untill now we had to use maaany patches and to contact QT toooo many times to make it work..

Online Michael 07-02-2009 04:11 PM

Having to download and install 4.3 beta just to have a play around (test) is going to prevent many from doing so (me included)... particularly when there are setup issues (problems) to deal with. It would be nice to have it pre-installed somewhere (perhaps hidden, but otherwise accessible - just for X-Cart users).

radionov 07-03-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliasan
Also please note the "Cannot log into admin area" issue addressed with ticket ID 0038000 in https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/main_page.php.

I do not know how many have the same problem, but I with few others have report it as a bug.

It is such a bad feeling not being able to test drive this new X-Cart version...

Thank you. This bug will be fixed in the next build of the beta version. Now we offer a fixed file, attached to this ticket: https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=38000.

We plan to fix bugs as soon as they are found, and include the latest bugfixes in the next beta version of X-Cart. Now Beta 1 is available. The next week we will build Beta 2, and so on.

radionov 07-03-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Online Michael
Having to download and install 4.3 beta just to have a play around (test) is going to prevent many from doing so (me included)... particularly when there are setup issues (problems) to deal with. It would be nice to have it pre-installed somewhere (perhaps hidden, but otherwise accessible - just for X-Cart users).

Thank you for the suggestion. We will certainly consider an opportunity to have a pre-installed copy of X-Cart 4.3 BETA available to registered X-Cart license owners. I will let you know the result a bit later.

ADDISON 07-03-2009 02:20 AM

I am testing it. Thank you QT for your intense work.

Why the installation script is not able to create a database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

groovico 07-03-2009 08:00 AM

We're also testing it, installation's stopped though due to the php memory limit check.

We've got the memory set to 32M, but our install of php doesn't have a memory limit option compiled into it, you'll find many many commercial servers (WHM/cpanel) don't have this compiled in as default.

You may find quite a few installs are affected by this. Ideally you should allow an override in the installation for anything non critical such as this, I believe the 16M limit is purely for the catalog which not everyone uses.

eliasan 07-03-2009 04:37 PM

ProxyPay3 and Deltapay payment methods are no longer available.
Why?
This is a serious issue especially for Greek market, as ProxyPay3 is used by Eurobank, one of the major banks that supports online payments.
Thank you.

Dizzi 07-05-2009 06:52 PM

Anyone know if there is a user manual for this version? How does one get the installation to start?

radionov 07-05-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am2003
I am testing it. Thank you QT for your intense work.

Why the installation script is not able to create a database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

Thanks in return for your contribution.

> Why the installation script is not able to create a
> database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

Thanks for the idea. We'll consider adding this functionality to the installation script.

radionov 07-05-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovico
We're also testing it, installation's stopped though due to the php memory limit check.

Thank you for your report in our bugtracker system. We have confirmed this bug and the fix will be included into the next build of the beta version.

radionov 07-06-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo
Anyone know if there is a user manual for this version?

Sorry, the manual is not stable now: we are still making some modifications, which bring major changes into the user interface, thus we cannot guarantee that the manual is correct.

>How does one get the installation to start?

Please, see the on-line manual: http://www.x-cart.com/xcart_manual/online/installing_and_configuring_x_cart.htm

xgarb 07-06-2009 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you need to be careful with using AJAX and avoiding using it for it's own sake. The cart update happens so fast that most users won't realise that something happened when they clicked the button.

An improvement might be something like the image below, where text appears to show when the item has been added. This would work really well in pages that have a lot of items that are usually bought in quantity like nuts and bolts or sweets.

The appearance of a remove item button next to the add item would also make a good visual indication that a product had been added. Again on a page with a lot of items normally bought in quantity this might suit someone that has a budget and is adding and removing to reach that price.

the_island 07-06-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliasan
ProxyPay3 and Deltapay payment methods are no longer available.
Why?
This is a serious issue especially for Greek market, as ProxyPay3 is used by Eurobank, one of the major banks that supports online payments.
Thank you.

I use Proxypay for all my "live" xcart installations.

This is an absolute MUST for the Greek market. I do not see any reason for you to remove the script ....

Dizzi 07-06-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgarb
I think you need to be careful with using AJAX and avoiding using it for it's own sake. The cart update happens so fast that most users won't realise that something happened when they clicked the button.

An improvement might be something like the image below, where text appears to show when the item has been added. This would work really well in pages that have a lot of items that are usually bought in quantity like nuts and bolts or sweets.

Is there an option of directing the customer to the cart after adding a product. The cart update is so fast that it will most certainly be overlooked or confusing to a customer. Otherwise at the very least, i would like to see some text notification as mentioned above.

Dizzi 07-06-2009 05:07 PM

I think you should have an option to "open storefront" in a new window. It currently opens in same window.

radionov 07-08-2009 02:58 AM

Dear customers, thanks for your notes about ProxyPay3 and Deltapay. They are included into X-Cart again. They will also be available with X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2.

ADDISON 07-08-2009 10:15 AM

I would like to see some visual effects in administration, baloons who dissapear after a time, telling "The product details has been successfully updated." Icons in menus to make easier the administration process. Give some colors themes to the Admin. I feel there is something missing.

I'd like to see some accordion effects in menius and product page. Tabs also in frontend. Improvements for product page. More useful modules (e.g. currency).

Hope to able to use manufacturer name in front of a product name all over the cart. I think we requested that for the next v5, and many other features who will make our life much better.

I appreciated you insert the title tag when adding a product. In most of my situations, product name is different than page title.

ADDISON 07-08-2009 10:20 AM

Can we find a better way to define this?

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var number_format_dec = '.';
var number_format_th = ' ';
var number_format_point = '2';
var store_language = 'en';
var xcart_web_dir = "/xcartbeta";
var images_dir = "/xcartbeta/skin1/images";
var lbl_no_items_have_been_selected = 'No items have been selected';
var current_area = 'C';
var currency_format = "$x";
var lbl_product_minquantity_error = "Sorry, the minimum order quantity for this product is {{min}}.";
var lbl_product_maxquantity_error = "Sorry, the maximum order quantity for this product is {{max}}.";
var lbl_product_quantity_type_error = "You can specify a number from <span class=\"min-quantity\">{{min}}<\/span> to <span class=\"max-quantity\">{{max}}<\/span>.";
-->
</script>