X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64972)

ambal 09-25-2012 07:27 AM

New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Hi Everyone,

Please read our blog post at
http://www.x-cart.com/new-product-line-and-4.5.3-released.html

I want to note that this is re-packaging of our existing X-Cart code and extension into new four editions. We used our the most popular modules and "extras" to build new X-Cart product line that suits our customers' requirements much better than "X-Cart GOLD vs X-Cart PRO".

FAQs:

0) Is this "X-Cart 5"?

No, this is not "X-Cart 5" called X-Cart Next now. We re-packaged our existing X-Cart code and the most popular X-Cart extensions into four new editions/packages to meet our customers needs&expectations better. This is not a new development of X-Cart. It is re-packaging. We continue to develop X-Cart Next.

1) NFR licenses for Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules -

Please contact us using your HelpDesk accounts and let us know your existing X-Cart GOLD and PRO licenses where you need these modules.
As we promised we will give such module licenses free of charge to any X-Cart GOLD or PRO license existed before Sept. 25th 2012.

2) I have a PRO license, will I get Platinum one free of charge?

No, I fear you won't be able to upgrade your PRO license to Platinum one free of charge. Such upgrade costs $500. See http://www.x-cart.com/license-upgrades.html

3) Does this mean my PRO stops working now?

No, Your X-Cart PRO store will continue to work. Also, we will provide updates for your PRO software during a year ahead.

4) I want to buy an X-Cart PRO license.

You can do that before October 25th 2012. Contact our sales using your HelpDesk account for an invoice.

5) I have a Pro license I want to upgrade to Gold Plus. How do I go about it?

Contact our sales using your HelpDesk account. Such exchange is free of charge.

6) how does current licenses compare to the new ones? Old Gold license = new Gold or Gold Plus?

Old GOLD is the new GOLD except Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules that are in Platinum edition now.
GOLD Plus is much improved old GOLD with many popular X-Cart extensions included in core software out of the box.
Platinum is our solution for large businesses. It is not just more expensive PRO. It comes with many X-Cart extensions out of the box (more than GOLD Plus has) and 1yr of support + installation service.
Go with Enterprise if you have a very big project.

7) I have an X-Cart Gold license and bought a lot of modules that are in Gold Plus now. Can I get GOLD Plus free of charge?

If you are within our 30 days moneyback policy for your module purchases - contact us using your HelpDesk account regarding exchange for Gold to Gold Plus upgrade.

ambal 09-25-2012 07:28 AM

Re: New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Sorry folks, I removed my own and Carrie's threads accidentally. My brain is playing joke with me after 10 hours of releasing everything.

ambal 09-25-2012 07:29 AM

> how do I tell my customer they need to pay another $1,304 for pro/platinum now?

You can buy X-Cart PRO licenses till October 25th 2012.
At $491 as usual.

ambal 09-25-2012 07:29 AM

> What do you mean by "New X-Cart PRO licenses can be purchased till October 25th
> 2012 and after that we stop selling X-Cart PRO completely."

This means we stop selling X-Cart PRO licenses after October 25th 2012. In order to buy it you need to contact our sales for an invoice.

componentman 09-25-2012 07:29 AM

Can you please tell me if the below is fixed in the new version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yowstar
I tested PayPal Advanced. It works but the check out process is cumbersome and does not look professional - the Iframe takes you to another page just to enter only credit card numbers. If I was a customer on a website and saw this I would cancel delete every thing and close my browser.

totaltec 09-25-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
My brain is playing joke with me after 10 hours of releasing everything.

I can imagine that is the case! You all have done a truly major overhaul and must be tired. Get some sleep!

ambal 09-25-2012 07:30 AM

> Do I wait for them to create an invoice then from my ticket?

Yes, just contact us for invoice on X-Cart PRO.
We are going to sell PRO till October 25th 2012. Then no new sales of PRO.

Also, Feature Comparison and Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) modules will be available free of charge to all our existing customers (all licenses) who purchased an X-Cart GOLD or PRO license before September 25th 2012.

cflsystems 09-25-2012 07:36 AM

Congrats Alex. I really like the new site. Looks great

Question though - move if necessary: how does current licenses compare to the new ones? Current Gold license = new Gold or Gold Plus?

ADDISON 09-25-2012 07:38 AM

So I have to repost my message :)

Great Job QT, it came the time to change your look and feel. A new website, new packages. You increased the Gold license price a little bit, hope this is for a good cause. For what Gold offers it's still cheap in my opinion. I remember I bought a Gold licenses + All modules which now are free + SNS = 1000 USD a few years ago.

Hope you can deal upgrading 4 versions of XC4, you know upgrade process is a nightmare.

For $395 Gold+ license you offer lots of great features: X-ProductNotification, X-HotProducts, Banners, Currency.

As an observation X-ProductNotifications module is not mentioned as feature for Gold+ on this page: http://www.x-cart.com/compare-features.html. But appears included here: http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/product-notifications.html

Hope in the near future we will get a filtering module, a free access for using CloudSearch and one of the most requested features - for Wholesales please include percentage feature together with amount. I hate to calculate wholesales based only on Amount. Who had this stupid idea to split them needs a cheese bullet in teeth - just joking :).

bigredseo 09-25-2012 07:42 AM

Hey Alex,

Congrats on the relaunch. It's going to be a tough upsell for our customers also to encourage them into the Platinum branch versus changing carts, but time will tell.

I am curious about the Version 5 of X-Cart that was long in disucssion. Is that still in the works, or is the new packaging going to replace any of that?

On the comparison page for the pricing, it says that the Gold has "all essential features" and the Plus has "best extensions" - can you be a little more clear on what exactly that means?

With the launch of the new versions, do you anticipate much fallout from modules that were developed by other persons?

Also, side note - please place a PCI COMPLIANT notice on your comparison page. Users are always looking for that. While it's mentioned in press releases, it's not on the website (currently)

ambal 09-25-2012 07:44 AM

> how does current licenses compare to the new ones? Current Gold license = new
> Gold or Gold Plus?

Current GOLD = New GOLD. It is the same package except Product Configurator and Feature Comparison module (they are in Platinum edition now) + new 4.5.3 features for GOLD.

ADDISON 09-25-2012 07:45 AM

Hey folks - just look at my signature. I have the power to see things happening in the future 8)

ambal 09-25-2012 07:46 AM

> I am curious about the Version 5 of X-Cart that was long in disucssion. Is that still
> in the works, or is the new packaging going to replace any of that?

First of all new X-Cart v4 line is not a new development. We re-packaged existing X-Cart code and the most popular extensions into new editions.

All our development resources are in X-Cart Next now.

cflsystems 09-25-2012 07:46 AM

So
New Gold replaces Current Gold
New Platinum replaces Current Pro
Gold+ is in between and will require an upgrade fee from Current Gold?

ambal 09-25-2012 07:46 AM

Sorry folks, I need to go sleep now.
I'll address your questions tomorrow.

ADDISON 09-25-2012 07:48 AM

Alex go to bed, time for a long sleep, no vodka before. All the others take the new toys and play.

bigredseo 09-25-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
So
New Gold replaces Current Gold
New Platinum replaces Current Pro
Gold+ is in between and will require an upgrade fee from Current Gold?

This sounds the most logical given the answers above.

cflsystems 09-25-2012 07:54 AM

I love the CDG 360 with all the alerts... just received

Quote:

X-cart has released version 4.5.3. This release is a feature update release, there are no security bugs being fixed by it.

Further details can be found on the X-Cart website at: http://www.x-cart.com/new-product-line-and-4.5.3-released.html

ADDISON 09-25-2012 07:59 AM

What happened with these two modules: Feature Comparison and Product Configurator? They disappeared from Admin in both Gold versions. Don't tell me you remove them, I paid for them!

ADDISON 09-25-2012 08:12 AM

There is a [Share] button in product page. Does it work for you? I push on it and nothing happening.

jnp 09-25-2012 08:17 AM

I have a question that I see has been brought up but I would like clarification.

If I currently have a 4.4.2 Pro license and am planning to completely rebuild our store. If I choose to rebuild of the new 4.5.3 platinum version am I going to have to pay any other license or software fees?

Meaning can I simply download the Platinum package and start building without additional costs?

Thanks for the help as we would love to get started on the rebuild once we get clarification.

Much appreciated.
JP

ADDISON 09-25-2012 08:38 AM

Question: are the following Extras included in Gold+?

- Create Orders in Back-end
- Remember Me

xim 09-25-2012 08:39 AM

Hi, Xcarters! Very glad to read your feedbacks. Here are some comments about new packages.

All the owners of PRO version can continue work with this edition, we will provide with free updates at least one year for this package. We will not sell new licenses, but continue release new versions.

2) here is the upgrade license policy: www.x-cart.com/license-upgrades.html

3) We moved feature comparision and configurator into the Platinum edition. However, all the customers with existed licenses will be provided with additional not for resale license for these modules to use they on xcart gold 4.5.3 and higher versions (Couple of NFR licenses for each xcart gold/pro existed license)

jnp 09-25-2012 08:53 AM

I appreciate you helping clarify but I am just a bit confused still.

I understand our pro license is still good, but lets say we fully want to start over with a Platinum cart on a fresh install, am I going to have to pay $1795 for platinum license or will the pro license become a platinum license with out additional charges?

Basically I want to start with a fresh platinum today. Do I have to pay more money if I go and download the platinum version today?

Thanks for helping me understand,
Joel

ADDISON 09-25-2012 08:55 AM

Huston we have a problem. Go to http://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus/admin/modules.php

Click on Configure for the following modules:

- New Arrivals
- On Sale

The new window content is General Settings which is not correct. Normally it should be the one for module configuration.

jillsybte 09-25-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xim
3) We moved feature comparision and configurator into the Platinum edition. However, all the customers with existed licenses will be provided with additional not for resale license for these modules to use they on xcart gold 4.5.3 and higher versions (Couple of NFR licenses for each xcart gold/pro existed license)

Where can we find these NFR licenses? I would like to continue using Product Configurator with my X-Cart Gold.

ADDISON 09-25-2012 09:55 AM

Huston we have another problem. I downloaded the trial for X-Cart Gold Plus. When I start installation it gives me a warning:

Warning: require_once(./top.inc.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\WWW\xcart-plus\preauth.php on line 57

Looking inside xcart-plus folder top.inc.php file is missing. smarty.php is the last file arranging by name. Comparing with XC4.5.2 survey.php and top.inc.php files are missing.

Without any new updated package for the moment I cannot use the trial. Waiting for a new one.

ADDISON 09-25-2012 09:59 AM

Also you should include the following folders:

- var
- var/cache

They are missing and installer will provide the following errors:

Checking whether directory "var" is writable ... [FAILED]
Checking whether directory "var\cache" is writable ... - [FAILED]

ADDISON 09-25-2012 10:48 AM

Another two issues in plus version.

1) Go in Admin -> Tools -> Maintenance.

Click on "Optimize Tables" - see how there is no header and style sheet for the text. Just dots and a text (no that gray band with XC icon on it upper left).

Click on "Force Cache Generation" - see how this one has the header and style sheet for the text

2) Go to Admin -> Module -> Social Login - activate it and check the settings. As you may see option "Enabled Social Sharing button on Product page" is not checked. But visiting product page you will [Share] button Facebook and Twitter icons and the text "and more". This should not be visible if the check box is not selected, but it is. If you click on Share button, Twitter and Facebook icons, and more, because all are link, nothing happening.

cflsystems 09-25-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADDISON
What happened with these two modules: Feature Comparison and Product Configurator? They disappeared from Admin in both Gold versions. Don't tell me you remove them, I paid for them!

Seems like they are in Pltinum only now - see http://www.x-cart.com/shopping-cart-demo.html# - click on "configure demo store"

cflsystems 09-25-2012 11:11 AM

QT - can you please provide a list of features added/removed compare to 4.5.2. I would hate to do upgrades 4.5.x GOLD -> 4.5.3 GOLD only to find out some features have been removed and an upgrade to 4.5.3 GOLD+ is required to get them back

ADDISON 09-25-2012 11:25 AM

Here is another issue about behavior. Activate Product Notification module, go in any product page and click on the envelope icon. A container appears, enter your email address using keyboard and click Enter. You will be surprised seeing how product added to cart (Enter key is associated to Add product button).

The only chance to send the email address is after typing to use the mouse and click on Submit button. Normally Enter key must be used and disable adding to cart for it. Another change is not using Enter key anyway inside the product page, except when a button is active.

ADDISON 09-25-2012 11:29 AM

@Steve - I bought these modules in the past. They appear in my Helpdesk, so I have to install by myself to use with future versions.

@Ambal and Xim - In my opinion to get success with this new packages we need a couple of support engineers to solve fast all the issues we found. This must be prior, as you can see I found a few issues after playing with the new version. You have all my support to get this new version in the best shape.

jillsybte 09-25-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Seems like they are in Pltinum only now - see http://www.x-cart.com/shopping-cart-demo.html# - click on "configure demo store"

In an earlier post (above: http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=346783&postcount=23), xim stated those of us with existing X-Cart Gold licenses would get NFR licenses for these two modules (Feature Comp and Configurator). I do not see anything for download in my file area yet, though.

Pyro 09-25-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnp
I have a question that I see has been brought up but I would like clarification.

If I currently have a 4.4.2 Pro license and am planning to completely rebuild our store. If I choose to rebuild of the new 4.5.3 platinum version am I going to have to pay any other license or software fees?

Meaning can I simply download the Platinum package and start building without additional costs?

Thanks for the help as we would love to get started on the rebuild once we get clarification.

Much appreciated.
JP

Unless they change their policy, yes you will have to pay.

It looks like you can upgrade to Gold Plus for free (with an existing pro license) or pay $500 for the upgrade to platinum.

http://www.x-cart.com/license-upgrades.html

jnp 09-25-2012 12:41 PM

Thanks Pyro. I did find it after hunting some more. :)

Since I can't see the 4.5.2 demo anymore does anyone know if the "bonus points" feature is new to 4.5.3 or was it included in 4.5.2?

On a side note: if you have pro/platinum how does a admin add new products with specified shipping charges for the main mall? Ex. In gold an admin creates all the products and can define a shipping charge of $10 for orders over $50 is possible. In pro I notice admin can set the methods but that is for product in the mall listed by providers, is the a general mall shipping change that can be set for admin listed items?

I guess I am lost at how that would work. We want to have a store that has admin/owner listed products mostly, but will also have a category for member/provider listed items. We want to specify shipping rates for owner of the store listed items.

Thanks for any help in getting me to understand,
Joel

Pyro 09-25-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnp
Thanks Pyro. I did find it after hunting some more. :)

Since I can't see the 4.5.2 demo anymore does anyone know if the "bonus points" feature is new to 4.5.3 or was it included in 4.5.2?

No problem. If I am not mistaken, it was included.

Quote:

On a side note: if you have pro/platinum how does a admin add new products with specified shipping charges for the main mall? Ex. In gold an admin creates all the products and can define a shipping charge of $10 for orders over $50 is possible. In pro I notice admin can set the methods but that is for product in the mall listed by providers, is the a general mall shipping change that can be set for admin listed items?

I guess I am lost at how that would work. We want to have a store that has admin/owner listed products mostly, but will also have a category for member/provider listed items. We want to specify shipping rates for owner of the store listed items.

Thanks for any help in getting me to understand,
Joel

I think most people are a bit confused right now. The strange thing is that QT said that they will continue to sell Pro until the end of October... but it appears as though that they have removed all traces of it from their site.

jnp 09-25-2012 12:51 PM

In the old 4.5.2 do you know how a admin would control a global shipping method and charge for their listed products, but allow providers to express their own? I know providers can pick based off what admin sets-up, but I wonder if admin has to be a provider to list items. I really wish I could talk to someone about this and how to structure our new site. We are ready to build but lost as to what platform with what modifications.

Your help is more than appreciated. Thank you for your time.

ADDISON 09-25-2012 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another issue. Make active Currency Module, set up 2 currencies and go to front-end. See attachment.

Image 1 (the upper one) - Click on currency
Image 2 - See how fancy categories remains light up? Fancy categories should be covered by gray background too. This is a z-index issue.

PS - please increase my quota, I already touch 2MB for my account. I cannot upload any picture from now on.

cflsystems 09-25-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADDISON
Image 2 - See how fancy categories remains light up? Fancy categories should be covered by gray background too. This is a z-index issue..

This has always been there. Even on 4.4.x. Never got fixed by QT