X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=53981)

ambal 05-31-2010 04:51 AM

X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Dear Everyone,

We have released X-Payments 1.0 beta5 which is currently in the final stage of PA-DSS assessment by our Qualfied Security Assessor (QSA).

X-Payments is a web-based payment application, designed for merchants, who accept credit card payments, using background payment gateways and who require compliance with the PCI DSS v1.2 standard.

As soon as we done with the assessment the software will be renamed to X-Payments 1.0, but you can start using it right away.

As promised, all existing X-Cart and LiteCommerce merchants received an X-Payments license free of charge (check "My licenses" section in your HelpDesk accounts).

You can read about X-Payments licensing at -
http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:FAQ#Licensing

You can download X-Payments package in File area/X-Payments and File
area/X-Payments/Tools in your HelpDesk accounts).

X-Payments User Manual - http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual

Also, you are welcome to contact us with any questions.

Our best wishes,
Qualiteam

Jon 05-31-2010 09:46 AM

Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta4 announcement

There were patches mentioned previously for running x-cart 4.1 and php 5.3 - are there any 'official' patches?

cflsystems 05-31-2010 04:04 PM

Ok lets see now
1. Installation - as with xcart you need to first create the database, xpayments won't do it for you; installation instructions say make sure "var/log" directory has writable permissions but the install script kept complaining about "var/" catalog (not sure which one is that) needing to be 511 and it didn't let me continue (even when I made the whole xpayments directory together with all files and subdirectories 777) until I changed the owner of xpayments directory together with all files and subdirectories to the web server owner. I don't like that.
2. After successful install the only way to login to the back end is to execute the url sent in an email; if for any reason you don't get that email (and the second one with the pins) forget about login in; you will have to install again and hope you get the emails. I don't like that. We all know how xcart emails often end up in spam or not delivered at all; let's hope xpayments is not like this
3. After initial login right of way navigate to the create pins page, create new pins and PRINT the table. I made the mistake of just looking at the numbers and then logged out. No way to login again without knowing the exact number the system asks for. No way to recover PIN, you can recover only password which is useless if you don;t know the pin. I don't like this. And because each pin can be used only once what happens if last one is used and no new pins are created and you log out? No way to login back in. Read this http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Managing_PIN-codes
4. Had no chance to do more testing as of right now I am locked out of xpayments. Will have to install it again and try the connector to xcart.

Can someone explain the whole fiasco with username-password-pin. What is the point of "forgot password" if you don't know the pin? There has to be a way for the admin to login if they forget password, pin, username. Or what is the point of password and pin used together?

zorg 06-01-2010 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Ok lets see now
4. Had no chance to do more testing as of right now I am locked out of xpayments. Will have to install it again and try the connector to xcart.

Can someone explain the whole fiasco with username-password-pin. What is the point of "forgot password" if you don't know the pin? There has to be a way for the admin to login if they forget password, pin, username. Or what is the point of password and pin used together?

Hello Steve! there is a tool (pin.php) for re-generating pins when lost, please see http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Generating_PIN_codes_for_othe r_users

cflsystems 06-01-2010 03:10 AM

Thanks for that Yury, I missed it somehow. But still not a very good solution. I can do that but a regular store owner has no idea what that means or how to do it. There must be a better way. Also manual says "When all but five PIN codes from the table have been used, a reminder is shown to the user to generate a new PIN codes table" - I don't think this is good enough. How many times we see remainders but we are in the middle of something else and leave the remiander for later. If this pin's feature is mandatory then users must be forced to generate new pins and the system should automatically email the new pins table to the email of the logged in user.

seyfin 06-01-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
There were patches mentioned previously for running x-cart 4.1 and php 5.3 - are there any 'official' patches?

Please refer to this post:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=285270#post285270

tonycch 06-05-2010 11:34 PM

When is the deadline for PCI Compliant? Is it still July 1, 2010?

Asiaplay 06-06-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Ok lets see now
1. ... I changed the owner of xpayments directory together with all files and subdirectories to the web server owner. I don't like that.

Totally Agree - I would also like a clear explanation on these points... i.e. why webserver rights & why is a password & pin required (why is this software not just stand alone - I feel very uncomfortable with X-Cart or ANY 3rd party having login data for my payments module)???

Lingerieblowout 06-09-2010 08:03 AM

Looking at the readme file it states:
IMPORTANT: To use X-Payments 1.0-alpha you must have X-Cart 4.3.0 with X-PaymentsConnector add-on module installed.

Is there a different version for XC 4.1x ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambal
Dear Everyone,

We have released X-Payments 1.0 beta4 which is currently in the final stage of PA-DSS assessment by our Qualfied Security Assessor (QSA).

X-Payments is a web-based payment application, designed for merchants, who accept credit card payments, using background payment gateways and who require compliance with the PCI DSS v1.2 standard.

As soon as we done with the assessment the software will be renamed to X-Payments 1.0, but you can start using it right away.

As promised, all existing X-Cart and LiteCommerce merchants received an X-Payments license free of charge (check "My licenses" section in your HelpDesk accounts).

You can read about X-Payments licensing at -
http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:FAQ#Licensing

You can download X-Payments package in File area/X-Payments and File
area/X-Payments/Tools in your HelpDesk accounts).

X-Payments User Manual - http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual

Also, you are welcome to contact us with any questions.

Our best wishes,
Qualiteam

canuck 06-13-2010 07:47 PM

Let's say XPayments is released this week (2 weeks left to July 1 right?)
Will XCart have the development staff to handle the flood of requests from merchants needing their site patched to work on PHP5.3, installing X-Payments, skinning the payment page?

Then all other site programs (support desk, etc) will need to be made to work with PHP5.3 if they don't already...

As the clock continues to tick, this looks more and more impossible given the deadline.

I know Qualiteam is saying we can start using XPayments now... yet when I opened a ticket requesting an installation they said they won't install it until its released.

ambal 06-14-2010 12:34 AM

> Will XCart have the development staff to handle the flood of requests
> from merchants needing their site patched to work on PHP5.3, installing
> X-Payments, skinning the payment page?

We'll do our best to handle all of that. Also, we are sure that other X-Cart developers will offer their own services as well. So X-Cart merchants won't be left without help.

> IMPORTANT: To use X-Payments 1.0-alpha you must have X-Cart 4.3.0 with
> X-PaymentsConnector add-on module installed.
>
> Is there a different version for XC 4.1x ?

Installation of X-PaymentsConnector into old X-Cart versions (before v4.3) requires some code tweaking. We offer such service at fixed cost $75. I advise you to contact our sales reps at sales@qtmsoft.com for details.

ambal 06-14-2010 12:40 AM

Forgot to mention that our service for installing X-Payments & X-PaymentsConnector into X-Cart v4.3 or newer costs $57 and you can buy it as X-Cart installation service through your HelpDesk accounts.
NOTE: One installation service per a copy of X-Payments or X-Cart.

ambal 06-15-2010 02:32 AM

X-Payments Beta5 is available for downloading in "File Area" section of your HelpDesk accounts at https://secure.qtmsoft.com

The major difference between Beta5 and Beta4 is no manual CC processing, only background payment gateway integrations.

We had to remove manual credit card processing method from X-Payments in order to pass PA-DSS assessment by our Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).

Now we are awaiting for the final approve by the QSA.

dpm 06-16-2010 09:09 AM

This is basically all FUBAR, isn't it?

Duramax 6.6L 06-16-2010 04:54 PM

With the removal of manual credit card processing, How are some of us going to bill customers for products that we have to assemble.

You can not charge for a product unless it is ready to ship.

Duramax 6.6L 06-16-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpm
This is basically all FUBAR, isn't it?

I agree

Duramax 6.6L 06-16-2010 06:05 PM

If we configure xpayments to authorize the transaction, Are we able to go into xpayments and finish the transaction. I did not see anything on this is the instalation instructions.

ambal 06-17-2010 04:53 AM

> With the removal of manual credit card processing, How are some of us
> going to bill customers for products that we have to assemble.
>
> You can not charge for a product unless it is ready to ship.

Many payment gateways support "Auth, then Capture" mode. I.e. when a customers credit card is not charged right at the moment of placing an order and the transaction gets authorized only. Funds can be taken at later time for the authorized transaction. Details depend on a payment processor chosen. X-Payments & X-Cart can do that.

Also, I want everyone to understand our reasons behind removing manual CC processing from X-Payments - keeping this feature would delay significantly release of X-Payments. Unfortunately, we were given false impressions that everything was fine when I announced X-Payments beta4 release that had manual CC processing.

Please notice that manual CC processing makes maintenance expenses for an on-line merchant much higher as he/she have to run another dedicated server for database with credit cards that is accessible locally only and protected by another firewall.

We advise strongly X-Cart merchants who do manual CC processing to outsource CC processing to a payment gateway. It will save you very many efforts, time and money.

dpm 06-17-2010 05:44 AM

I find this laughable! A quote from x-cart website.

"The mission of our company is to make the Internet convenient and productive business environment for us, our customers and customers of our customers. And that's precisely what we do."

It's 2 weeks until July 1st and your solution, if you want to call it that, (x-payments) is still in beta testing and is not yet compliant.

I would hardly call that convenient and productive. More like incompetent and embarrassing!

ambal 06-17-2010 05:46 AM

> It's 2 weeks until July 1st and your solution, if you want to call it
> that, (x-payments) is still in beta testing and is not yet compliant.

I am very sorry for this delay, but the fact is that we have to wait for approval by QSA. Unfortunately, they are taking more time than we expected. Otherwise we would release X-Payments several weeks ago.

Duramax 6.6L 06-17-2010 08:18 AM

Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

If xpayments is setup for authoirize the charge, will we be able to complete the capture process from xpayments.

ambal 06-18-2010 02:24 AM

> If xpayments is setup for authoirize the charge, will we be able to
> complete the capture process from xpayments.

Yes, you can capture the funds using X-Payments admin back-end after authorizing a transaction if your payment gateway supports that (See "Capture" column at http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Appendix_A._Supported_payment _gateways).

Screenshots:
http://marketplace.x-cart.com/images/xp_shots/xp_payments_list.png
http://marketplace.x-cart.com/images/xp_shots/xp_payment_details.png

canuck 06-18-2010 04:16 AM

I don't see the option to capture a portion of the original authorization at a time, is that there?

I also don't see any details about CVV check and AVS check results. Where is that shown?

ambal 06-18-2010 04:52 AM

> I don't see the option to capture a portion of the original
> authorization at a time, is that there?

Yes, it is possible as well. You can enter smaller amount when you do "capture" and thus capture smaller amount of money than authorized originally.

> I also don't see any details about CVV check and AVS check results.
> Where is that shown?

There is "Additional info" link near each payment. If CVV and AVS checks are supported by a payment gateway you can see them there.

kevinrm 06-18-2010 06:36 AM

I've installed this (successfully),set this up with Authorize.net AIM, transaction keys, enabled everything, generated all keys, etc. If I try to check out, original checkout page still comes up. What are we supposed to see, something new right? At this stage I see nothing different...

(Late Note: I did not install X-Payments "Connector" so that may have something to do with it, will try it tomorrow. One tiny note at the very bottom of the X-Payments user guide is the only mention of this, I think that should be a bit more prominent, no?)

EN4U 06-18-2010 06:58 AM

WOW. This post and all the others on this matter is ridiculously flooded with too much rederick and nothing nailed down. For me and my situation, let me ask this.

I have 2 sites. Both 4.1. 1 of them is with authorizenet and the other with First Data.

Both sites auto capture when payment is complete. Both sites use "One page checkout"

Now, can i hire someone to make this all work with compliance without me having to jump through hoop after hoop?

DogByteMan 06-18-2010 07:01 AM

Is X-Payments needed if you store no card data?

Acquamarina 06-18-2010 07:50 AM

Does it solve the mandatory partial payment acceptance for credit cards/gift cards?

Is this the solution for:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=53163

DogByteMan 06-18-2010 08:28 AM

OK I am confused, I pay for monthly scans of our dedicated server (McAfee) and after the questionnaire it certifies that I am Compliant. I am using 4.1.12 connecting to YourPay and store no card holder data in the database at all, am secured with SSL from Comodo. Is X-Payments still required to be compliant with this setup? Why?

Acquamarina 06-18-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogByteMan
OK I am confused, I pay for monthly scans of our dedicated server (McAfee) and after the questionnaire it certifies that I am Compliant. I am using 4.1.12 connecting to YourPay and store no card holder data in the database at all, am secured with SSL from Comodo. Is X-Payments still required to be compliant with this setup? Why?

Glad I am not the only one totally confused by this. So basically it looks like I have to patch the cart or use the new payment module for which I am going to have to upgrade the cart?

If I stay with only with basic PayPal and GoogleCheckout would I avoid these issues?

Totally confused.

balinor 06-18-2010 08:51 AM

Dog and Acqua - here's the low down:

PA-DSS compliance means the cart you use has to meet a set of standards, this is different from the basic PCI compliance which deals with your server and how you handle CC info. So even if you don't store CC inf (and you should NEVER store CC info), and your scan comes back clean, you still need X-Payments if you want to process credit cards through a gateway on your site. X-Cart itself won't be compliant (until 4.4 or higher, who knows) but X-Payments will sort of bypass that requirement - all cc info will go through the X-Payments module. So yes, everyone who processes CC data through their web site (and not on a third party site like PayPal, Google Checkout, Authorize.net SIM, etc) will need this module.

Acquamarina, if a customer does not enter cc info on your site, you don't need to worry about it. This has nothing to do with the partial payment issue you linked, that is a completely different problem that won't be solved by X-Payments. That requires some customization to the Authorize.net payment module, which Qualiteam has yet to address, but you still have a year until that kicks in.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Acquamarina 06-18-2010 09:08 AM

Hi, Balinor,

That helped a lot, thank you so much. It looks like I will stay with PP and GoogleCheckout until this is sorted out.

Is this compliance also required if PayPal Pro is used? I would imagine it is...

Thanks again!

DogByteMan 06-18-2010 09:29 AM

And transmitting data directly over SSL to a gateway is less safe than this HOW?

Acquamarina 06-18-2010 10:27 AM

I guess for now all I can do is follow the thread. To me it looks as if there is no patch for 4.1.9 that would allow me to use the bridge module. I would have to upgrade the site to 4.2 or higher, than do it again later to a higher version for more features. Is that correct?

DogByteMan 06-19-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
I've installed this (successfully),set this up with Authorize.net AIM, transaction keys, enabled everything, generated all keys, etc. If I try to check out, original checkout page still comes up. What are we supposed to see, something new right? At this stage I see nothing different...

(Late Note: I did not install X-Payments "Connector" so that may have something to do with it, will try it tomorrow. One tiny note at the very bottom of the X-Payments user guide is the only mention of this, I think that should be a bit more prominent, no?)

Since I have much work to do to get ready (Upgrade Shop for PHP 5.3.x and have the X-Payments altered for 4.1.12) I really would appreciate a description of how the interface works. Yes, I have completely read the manual. What I am wanting is a description of what happens from when the customer clicks checkout to order completion. Where are they entering their info, Checkout (I have One Page Checkout) or are they entering it within the X-Payments module. I can't install yet, but need to plan. A description would be nice, screen shot with it, even better.

Duramax 6.6L 06-19-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogByteMan
Since I have much work to do to get ready (Upgrade Shop for PHP 5.3.x and have the X-Payments altered for 4.1.12) I really would appreciate a description of how the interface works. Yes, I have completely read the manual. What I am wanting is a description of what happens from when the customer clicks checkout to order completion. Where are they entering their info, Checkout (I have One Page Checkout) or are they entering it within the X-Payments module. I can't install yet, but need to plan. A description would be nice, screen shot with it, even better.

You will no longer have a one page checkout, customer enters all their info on one page, then goes to xpayments to enter credit card info, then sent back to the store with conformation. basically we are stuck with a three page checkout.

DogByteMan 06-19-2010 06:11 AM

I had sales-n-stats enterprise, which used a connector I assume is similar to what they are using here, I paid $400+, it didn't work so good. Does this connector seem to work better?

Does this not take away any advantage of having a direct gateway as opposed to PayPal or Google?

What are the requirements of PA DSS that our current checkouts do not meet?

Duramax 6.6L 06-19-2010 06:27 AM

As of July 1st, anyone processing credit cards online must use a certified shopping cart. Xcart will not be a certified shopping cart. Xpayments is Xcarts way of still being able to use your shopping cart, and using a certified credit card processing interface. Xpayments is certified to mc / visa specifications.

DogByteMan 06-19-2010 06:53 AM

So you are saying that you could not produce, for your own purposes a shopping site, including checkout mechanism of your own design and proprietary code. You have to use an approved source. Something basically sounds wrong about this whole mess. Where can one find, since I have never been contacted in any manner nor can I find any info at FirstData about all of this, the exact document for PA DSS and where is the site that deals with the code requirements to meet the standard.

Duramax 6.6L 06-19-2010 07:16 AM

Read this thread Has quite a few answers:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=46073