X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=39924)

Jon 05-20-2008 10:39 AM

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

CDSEO Pro for X-Cart is the definitive x-cart seo tool. Created from over six years of hands-on x-cart seo experience in addition to feedback from the top x-cart search engine marketing firms, CDSEO Pro creates a search engine friendly structure while providing the ability to seo optimize your category, product, manufacturer, and static pages.

Now also contains an XML SiteMap Generator!

With CDSEO Pro you have custom control over:
  • X-Cart Urls
  • X-Cart Page Titles
  • X-Cart Link Anchors
  • X-Cart Meta Keywords
  • X-Cart Meta Descriptions
  • X-Cart Index Page Title
... all using an integrated administration control panel!

CDSEO Pro is the only x-cart url mod that functions as a complete seo solution!

Additional features include:
  • Folder and/or HTML file support for URLs
  • Automatic redirect from default x-cart url's to prevent duplicate content
  • Automatic rewrite of / index
  • Internal cache for increased speed and use on larger x-cart stores
  • Support for third-party modules by allowing custom query strings in the urls
  • Easy third-party module integration using a URL API
  • SEO module support to further expand CDSEO Pro
Administration is easy as CDSEO Pro:
  • Auto-populates seo data using a web-based installation
  • Allows for easy customization of categories, products, manufacturers, and static pages
  • Provides the ability to export/import seo data
  • Is easily configurable through a settings adminstration page

Jon 05-20-2008 10:40 AM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

http://www.websitecm.com/images/D/cdseo-welcome-page.gif

balinor 05-20-2008 10:56 AM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons.

Jon 05-20-2008 11:05 AM

Good call - sorry Padraic.

jmell 05-20-2008 01:02 PM

I'm using BCS Engineering mall software do you know if it will work with that and the cost to add more than one domain.

Jon 05-20-2008 01:08 PM

Over the next few weeks we will be working with third party vendors to ensure compatibility with other mods and if you put in a request to BCSE I will be happy to work with them to do so for their mall mod. I believe it would be a fairly simple addition for including the mall subfolder. We are currently evaluating the bulk license options we will offer.

Jon 05-20-2008 01:29 PM

We've had several inquiries already about upgrading from CDSEO Basic.

There is an automatic upgrade process as part of the installation for stores running CDSEO Basic and upgrading to CDSEO Pro. The installation provides the option to run CDSEO Pro with the same “CDSEO Basic” urls, or create new urls and do automatic 301 redirects from the “CDSEO Basic” urls.

Installation will also import data from BCSE's meta tag mods.

If you purchased CDSEO after February 26, the upgrade cost is only price difference between cdseo basic. and cdseo pro ($50). If you purchased prior to that, the upgrade fee will be 50% of the CDSEO Pro cost ($99).

kirstenk 05-20-2008 03:01 PM

When do you think that Zeus compatibility will be available?

Jon 05-20-2008 03:06 PM

We are focusing on the steps required for initial release, and then will work to port the necessary rewrites to Zeus shortly thereafter. The porting for Zeus I anticipate will be simple whereas ASAPI Rewrite may be a bit more involved.

paul@dimoda.com.au 05-20-2008 06:32 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

HI, can you please give me some information on the change over from root html catalogue to CDSEO pro.

Specifically my concern is over the automatic setting of redirects for alll of my exisiting root html pages to the new urls's created by your great product.

Also, as I am using all of the BSC meta mods, is their an easy way to utilise the exisiting feilds from the BSC mods for page titile, description etc etc...

My biggest concern is doing anything to damage my Serach engine rankings.

myxcarts 05-21-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
We've had several inquiries already about upgrading from CDSEO Basic.

There is an automatic upgrade process as part of the installation for stores running CDSEO Basic and upgrading to CDSEO Pro. The installation provides the option to run CDSEO Pro with the same ⌠CDSEO Basic■ urls, or create new urls and do automatic 301 redirects from the ⌠CDSEO Basic■ urls.

Installation will also import data from BCSE's meta tag mods.

If you purchased CDSEO after February 26, the upgrade will be free. If you purchased prior to that, the upgrade fee will be 50% of the CDSEO Pro cost.

Arh!! I bought 2 licenses just few days before 26 Feb :( Does the discount offered to those bought from BCS too?

Tom

Jon 05-21-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

HI, can you please give me some information on the change over from root html catalogue to CDSEO pro. Specifically my concern is over the automatic setting of redirects for alll of my exisiting root html pages to the new urls's created by your great product.

We provide the ability to 301 redirect html catalog urls to cdseo urls automatically.

Quote:

Also, as I am using all of the BSC meta mods, is their an easy way to utilise the exisiting feilds from the BSC mods for page titile, description etc etc...

The CDSEO installation process has an option to import from all of BCSE's meta mods, including page titles, meta keywords and meta descriptions.

Quote:

Arh!! I bought 2 licenses just few days before 26 Feb :sad: Does the discount offered to those bought from BCS too?

Yes it counts through BCSE, Firetank or any of our other resellers. If you contact BCSE about the upgrade and have them contact us about the upgrade, we are not unreasonable :)

I did make a mistake in my initial upgrade post which I'll correct now. The upgrade is not free, it is the cost difference of $50 between cdseo basic ($149) and cdseo pro ($199).

Jon

elmirage001 05-21-2008 03:45 PM

Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

Hi Jon,

This sounds fantastic and I'll definately be doing the upgrade!

I do have a couple of questions.

1. CDSEO Pro imports BCSE's Product Meta Tags Plus! Does it also import title data from their free Category Meta Title?

2. After completing the upgrade and CDSEO Pro is running can do we delete the old CDSEO Basic and BCSE code?

Thank you very much!

Paul

Jon 05-21-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

1. CDSEO Pro imports BCSE's Product Meta Tags Plus! Does it also import title data from their free Category Meta Title?

Yes. All of the meta data from all of their meta mods (if applicable).

Quote:

2. After completing the upgrade and CDSEO Pro is running can do we delete the old CDSEO Basic and BCSE code?

Yes.

paul@dimoda.com.au 05-21-2008 09:19 PM

Ok Bill, one last 1 and you are about to get my ordre for 2 sites:

If I place the order and request you instal, when can you do the job?

Jon 05-21-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul@dimoda.com.au
Ok Bill

It's Jon :)

Mod release is May 26th, we currently have install openings May 27th and May 30th.

paul@dimoda.com.au 05-21-2008 10:01 PM

great lock me in for the 27th for my sites:

1. www.CoffeeShrine.com.au (uses html catalogue and all the BCS mods)
2. www.LivePlayCreate.com uses dynamic catalogue

I'll send the orders through your site.

regards

Paul

Jon 05-21-2008 10:06 PM

Orders are scheduled as they are placed, so if you make payment now 27th won't be a problem.

WhiteDoveGifts 05-25-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon

I did make a mistake in my initial upgrade post which I'll correct now. The upgrade is not free, it is the cost difference of $50 between cdseo basic ($149) and cdseo pro ($199).

Jon

Hello Jon,

I did take a look at your site but noticed that you offer the Pro version for -$100 for those who upgrade from CDSEO basic. Can you explain this since it does not seem to match your post above?

Another question about the installation: I purchased the basic version with installation from you. If I choose to upgrade to Pro will this include installation?

Thanks,
Nico

Jon 05-25-2008 09:34 AM

^ That quote was applied to orders for CDSEO Basic after February 26th. In it's complete contest:

If you purchased CDSEO after February 26, the upgrade cost is only price difference between cdseo basic. and cdseo pro ($50). If you purchased prior to that, the upgrade fee will be 50% of the CDSEO Pro cost ($99). A new installation would require a new installation fee.

WhiteDoveGifts 05-25-2008 01:44 PM

Thanks for clearifying Jon, I must have been reading too fast...:P

tahirfayyaz 05-30-2008 09:02 AM

Hi,

Really interested in this mod as we are still using the standard HTML catalogue.

Can I ask a quick few questions

I am using normal categories for all the brands we sell but want to change it so that so all brands are listed under manufacturers. Will the 301 do that redirect if I delete the old brand categories?

What effect will this have in the search engines?

Thanks

Tahir

Jon 05-30-2008 09:10 AM

If you are changing all categories to all manufacturers, then I can provide you a customization to do automatic 301 redirects, but if you are changing only some of your categories, then those categories would need to be manually specified for 301 redirection.

CDSEO Pro automatically 301 redirects html catalog pages to new CDSEO Urls, so your search engine rankings will be preserved, but there will be a transition period while indexes are updated.

c.vogels 06-03-2008 03:05 AM

Dear Jon,

Do you have an example site where CDSEO Pro has been implemented?
Also, if a windows server has installed the ISAPI Rewrite is it possible to install CDSEO Pro or will this be available soon?

1 Other question: when i install CDSEO Pro, will all URL's be changed automaticly? or do i need to update them manually? I only see a screenshot that i can change the URL manually.

With kind regards

paul@dimoda.com.au 06-03-2008 03:43 AM

Jon installed CDSEO Pro on my site last week

www.CoffeeShrine.com.au

regards

photo 06-03-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Jon installed CDSEO Pro on my site last week

www.CoffeeShrine.com.au

regards

Nice site you have there Paul. Are you aware that none of the images are showing up in the Related Products section?

Jon 06-03-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo
Nice site you have there Paul. Are you aware that none of the images are showing up in the Related Products section?

FYI, I believe this is a glitch in Telafirma's image mod which relies on the thmb_url value which is not queried for by related products.

Jon 06-03-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.vogels
Dear Jon,

Do you have an example site where CDSEO Pro has been implemented?
Also, if a windows server has installed the ISAPI Rewrite is it possible to install CDSEO Pro or will this be available soon?

1 Other question: when i install CDSEO Pro, will all URL's be changed automaticly? or do i need to update them manually? I only see a screenshot that i can change the URL manually.

With kind regards

ISAPI Rewrite is in progress and will be available soon. All urls and information are auto-populated and then can be customized manually if desired. We should have a video demo of the install up this week.

Amateur Geologist 06-03-2008 02:39 PM

I'm confused to how CDSEO static and XNews CDSEO fit with CDSEO Pro. Can they still be used?

Ddo they get included in or supported by CDSEO Pro?

CDSEO Pro runs in parallel to XCart especially for editing. Is the information still included in the XCart database?

Can you still edit the CDSEO information from with XCart admin or do I have to edit a product in two places?

On upgrading what is your recommendation concerning keeping the CDSEO basic URLs compared to upgrading and 301 redirect?

How does 301 redirect effect exiting SEO positioning?

Thanks,
-dana

Jon 06-03-2008 02:46 PM

CDSEO Static pages is not part of CDSEO Pro by default. CDSEO static would be removed as part of PRO installation. Xnews is seperate and would be unmodified.

Yes the information is included in the xcart database but in seperate database tables.

Currently you would add the product or whatever via the x-cart admin and then modify the seo values in the CDSEO Pro admin. We will create a module to integrate into the default x-cart admin but for ease of install, upgrade compatibility, etc., this is not part of the base product.

Depending on how well google sees your site, 301 redirecting all urls at once may result in a temporary flux of your rankings for a month or two. If you are very concerned, just keep the basic urls, and then change the urls to the root over a period of time so the transition is gradual.

Online Michael 06-07-2008 02:39 AM

"Call Home" is a topic on everyone's lips at the moment so I'm wondering how your software handles this... Does it call home? If so, how often and what happens when it can't establish contact?

Also, I currently use the DSEFU mod which I will now ditch in favour of any other product that can do similar or better things. If I were to buy CDSEO Pro, what impact would that make with regard to Google? Is it seamless?

SEO is not one of my strong points and I find your CDSEO Pro module setting a little overwhelming btw (the fear of stuffing up the settings and ruining excellent rankings thus far is huge).

Thanks

Jon 06-07-2008 10:05 AM

CDSEO does not 'call home' at all.

DSEFU urls are rewritten with 301 redirects automatically, the same as the html catalog, so your rankings and current links will not be lost.

By default CDSEO auto-populates data and uses settings that will in nearly all cases work well for SEO, so if you only need to tweak and customize if you feel comfortable doing so.

paul@dimoda.com.au 06-07-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
FYI, I believe this is a glitch in Telafirma's image mod which relies on the thmb_url value which is not queried for by related products.

Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this?

tahirfayyaz 06-08-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
If you are changing all categories to all manufacturers, then I can provide you a customization to do automatic 301 redirects, but if you are changing only some of your categories, then those categories would need to be manually specified for 301 redirection.

CDSEO Pro automatically 301 redirects html catalog pages to new CDSEO Urls, so your search engine rankings will be preserved, but there will be a transition period while indexes are updated.

Thanks for the info. I think I will just keep the categories as they are but can you confirm I can do the following with your mod;

If I have a current category. The title, link text and text that appears in the navigation is all the same. Will I be able to edit the URL so it has a differrent title, different html link text and diffrent category name that appears in the navigation?

Thanks

Tahir

Online Michael 06-08-2008 11:13 PM

I was about to make a purchase, but it seems CDSEO Pro is not compatible with my version of X-Cart 4.0.X (I can only select the 4.1.X version on your web site). Will you be offering 4.0.X compatibilty in future?

pcparts 06-08-2008 11:25 PM

Hi Michael
I think he said on his forum some were another month.

Jon 06-09-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcparts
Hi Michael
I think he said on his forum some were another month.

Yes it will be 4.0.x compatible soon.

Jon 06-09-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahirfayyaz
If I have a current category. The title, link text and text that appears in the navigation is all the same. Will I be able to edit the URL so it has a differrent title, different html link text and diffrent category name that appears in the navigation?

Yes - the url, title, link anchor and actual category name can all be different.

Jon 06-09-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this?

You'd need to edit your modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.php to query the tmbn_url variable. I imagine Telafirma should support you with this.

markwhoo 06-10-2008 08:16 PM

Lets say I have a specific URL that is created in CDSEO Pro.

6 months pass and I find a better keyword to use in the URL.

I change the url to use the new keyword which now changes the product listing's url.

Will the CDSEO Pro mod connect the old cached url clicked on in a search listing by an end user to the proper product?

At the same time, will the mod also throw a 301 permanent redirect to update the link in the search engines?

Or will the old link once clicked on trigger a 404 error for the end user since the product now has a new url created with the addition of the new keyword in it?

I hope I asked this as clearly as possible.

I know it will connect old basic urls to new pro urls, but wondered after running pro links for a while if they could be tweaked over time and still connect to their proper destinations.

----------------------

Also have another question about static pages. I know a lot of folks have static pages they wish to get decent urls for, but what if you have a static page you do not want to show in search indexes or to people via basic links other than specific locations where you place a link for a page to be used?

Example I have sizing charts and troubleshooting pages I do not wish to have spidered and listed in search indexes. Can we add a NOCACHE NOINDEX type meta tag to that static page somehow to keep it sage and sound since the static pages will all now have this new capability to bee seen and spidered?

Some pages just are not meant to be seen, lol.