X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=77655)

dpcompany 05-08-2020 05:49 AM

Re: X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template

@PhilJ, can you do me a favor and double check the file yesterday for /custom/menus/menu_combo.tpl?

The patch file has:
Code:

<nav id="xmenu">

I think it needs to be:
Code:

<nav id="xmenu" class="xmenu theme-{$config.Reboot.reboot_header_menu_text_colour} {$config.Reboot.reboot_header_menu_bg}{if $config.Reboot.reboot_header_menu_bg_shade}-{$config.Reboot.reboot_header_menu_bg_shade}{/if}">

Thanks buddy and happy Friday!

PhilJ 05-09-2020 01:23 AM

Thanks Michael, fixed.

PhilJ 05-12-2020 11:06 PM

13th May - Bootstrap updated to v4.5.0 - jQuery updated to v3.5.1 (initial testing looks fine, but if you spot any errors, please let me know)

New files available in the changelog

Also, new videos.php page to display your product videos as a gallery.

Next Day Delivery Cutoff Notification addon coming soon.

PhilJ 05-23-2020 02:07 AM

23rd May - New Addon - Address Auto-Complete
  • Powered by Crafty Clicks (14 day free trial available)
  • Predictive search-ahead technology
  • Speeds up address forms and validates address data at the point of entry
  • A flexible system that works anywhere in the world
  • Monthly and annual plans available
  • Works with the one page checkout only
Other updates
  • Ping Google and Bing from the XML sitemap generator (/skin/reboot/modules/XML_Sitemap/config.tpl)
  • New homepage style 2 (/skin/reboot/custom/home/home_style_2.tpl) More soon...
  • New ability to change the general colour theme with one click (/skin/reboot/admin/main/configuration_reboot.tpl)

peggyr 05-30-2020 11:55 AM

Hi Phil,

I have testimonials as 'footer' column 3, but they don't rotate.

In reBOOT, the option is 'testimonials rotator'

in Redux the option is 'testimonials'

What am I missing to get the testimonials to 'rotate'?

Thanks
Peggy

PhilJ 05-30-2020 11:57 PM

Hi Peggy, edit /skin/reboot/custom/footer/contents/testimonials.tpl

Change...
Code:

<div class="carousel-generic carousel-light pagedots wraparound mb-5">
To...
Code:

<div class="carousel-generic carousel-light pagedots wraparound autoplay mb-5" data-autoplay="5000">
Note, 5000 = 5 second interval, autoplay will stop the moment you interact with the carousel.

PhilJ 06-05-2020 02:36 PM

Hi Peggy, yea, the sitemap module's buggy, I'll get round to fixing it, but to be honest, it's hardly worth using... You don't see them on many sites these days do you?

The XML Sitemap module on the other hand, is far more important.
Quote:

The sitemap is appearing in the left sidebar of faq.php (which I don't understand) Still looking to see if I have incorrectly updated some tpl to make this happen.

^ That shouldn't happen, you may have some invalid HTML somewhere, like an unclosed <DIV> which is breaking the layout. Drop me a line if you want me to have a look.

cflsystems 06-05-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Hi Peggy, yea, the sitemap module's buggy, I'll get round to fixing it, but to be honest, it's hardly worth using... You don't see them on many sites these days do you?

For a store with handful of products the sitemap page is useful probably. With hundreds or thousands of products this page is sort of meaningless. However it is useful for SEO I think as it has all the links to products, categories, pages... It is an easy to follow page for crawlers. If they get to it.

But yes in general I agree it is not much worth the effort unless you can really style it and make it useful as part of the customer UI. The stock one is sort of ugly and hard to look at, and navigate.

elmirage001 06-09-2020 12:18 PM

Hi Phil,

I just wanted to let you know I'm loving reDUX! It will be a while before my reDUX store is live but this is amazing.

Thank you so much!

Paul

PhilJ 06-09-2020 02:25 PM

Hi Paul, thanks bud, always appreciate the feedback.

PhilJ 06-13-2020 01:44 AM

13th June - New ability to quickly change the order of the homepage slider slides via ↑ ↓ buttons

New ability to change the homepage slider captions animation type (bounce/fade/zoom) and animation speed (slower/slow/normal/fast/faster).

Theme > Body background image type > "Single Fixed Image" works as it should now.

Lightbox JS & CSS updated.

Changelog

peggyr 06-13-2020 10:55 AM

Hi Phil,

I have a good tested version of reDUX on my test server. I have made numerous changes that I want to verify I can 'reapply' to a new copy of my production reBOOT.

Prior to doing this, I want to backup my existing mods to the reBOOT (reDUX) template, which I have downloaded.

Do you see any problems if after applying 02_reboot_template_settings.sql, I then apply (replace) my settings for the same for xcart_config and xcart_languages?

What I have been doing is create a pdf with all my template settings prior to reinstalling, and then manually apply all the changes (trying not to miss any).

Please let me know if you have suggestions on a better way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Peggy

PhilJ 06-13-2020 11:22 AM

Hi Peggy, yes, you can re-apply the 02_reboot_template_settings.sql SQL patch and it will safely reset the template settings, which you can then re-tweak.

Download the latest version from your order invoice.

To be bang up to date, you can re-upload the /skin/reboot/ files also.

I'm purposely trying not to drastically change the template... just minor bug fixes and additions, as I appreciate it may be tricky keeping up with the changelog.

A good tip for keeping up to date, is to install a folder/file comparison tool, so you can compare reBOOT versions. Some decent ones are listed here.

I'm considering putting the template on a private Github repository, so you can be instantly notified of any changes.

peggyr 06-14-2020 11:46 AM

Hi Phil,

You fixed this error for me before, by removing the old reboot template files from xcart_products, but I want to know how to correct, myself

I just did re-install of reDUX

on third SQL patch, I get
SQL query : ALTER TABLE `xcart_products`

ADD `page_views` INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ADD `last_viewed` INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

Error code : 1118
Description : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
Request URI: /xcart/admin/patch.php
What 'delete/alter' SQL patch is needed to clear out xcart_products from old reboot install?

Thanks

Peggy

PhilJ 06-15-2020 01:35 AM

Hi Peggy, no need to apply the third patch, as it's not changed since the first release. But if you did want to start afresh, I've added an uninstall SQL patch for install step 3 to the zip file.

peggyr 06-15-2020 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Phil,

I'm using custom1.tpl and custom2.tpl in my site footer.

On pages that I've set in the tpl, all have 2 settings I want to change or delete

1) Printer (Icon) option -- which has my store (my fulfillment center) 'address' I do NOT want appearing

2) More ...

See attached

Both custom tpls have the following include, but I see nothing in the footer_hr.tpl that seems to let me modify or delete these 2 settings.

{include file="custom/footer/footer_hr.tpl" }

Is there a way to either 'remove' both ICONS/options, or remove the More... and change the Printer output to remove address?

Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks.

Peggy

PhilJ 06-15-2020 10:42 PM

In /skin/reboot/customer/main/pages.tpl

Replace...
Code:

dropdown="pages"
With...
Code:

dropdown=false
And in /skin/reboot/customer/home_printable.tpl you can comment out the address, or just add the "d-none" class to the paragraph tag...
Code:

<p class="text-center">{$config.Company.location_address}, {$config.Company.location_city}, {$config.Company.location_state_name}, {$config.Company.location_zipcode}, {$config.Company.location_country_name}</p>
Or disable printable pages altogether, by unchecking "Enable printable version of categories and products pages in customer area" in General Settings > Appearance.

I might add a new static page 'printable' checkbox, so that the print icon only appears for specific pages.

PhilJ 06-16-2020 11:54 PM

17th June - I've added in a "printable" checkbox for static pages - Patch files

Somehow I'd omitted the 'Printable Version' link from the product pages, so in /skin/reboot/customer/main/product_header.tpl you can add around line 62...
Code:

{if $printable_link_visible}
  <div class="col-12 col-md-auto mr-md-4 mt-3 mt-md-2 text-center text-md-left"><a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="{$php_url.url|escape}?printable=Y{if $php_url.query_string ne ''}&amp;{$php_url.query_string|escape}{/if}"><i class="fa fa-print"></i> {$lng.lbl_printable_version|capitalize}</a></div>
{/if}

IP address added to new user account admin notification email (/skin/reboot/mail/html/signin_admin_notification.tpl)

Redactor editor updated to latest version.

In other news, Bootstrap v5 Alpha released :)

PhilJ 06-17-2020 09:49 AM

17th June - New ability to swap product thumbnail images on hover - demo - product admin screenshot - patch files

peggyr 06-17-2020 09:50 AM

Hi Phil,

I don't see where you added the ip address in any of your updates

IP address added to new user account admin notification email (/skin/reboot/mail/html/signin_admin_notification.tpl)

I have the mod from Paul, but did I miss where you added it to your base?

Thanks

Peggy

PhilJ 06-17-2020 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Peggy, it was added to the latest zip file earlier today, I've attached it...

Put it in /skin/reboot/mail/html/

peggyr 06-17-2020 03:42 PM

Thanks Phil,

I just tested the SAME signin_admin_notification.tpl MOD on my reBOOT 4.7.12 system, and it works great.

Thanks again.

Peggy

cheap eyeglasses 06-21-2020 12:14 PM

Hi, PhilJ, I have placed an order for https://www.bestbuylingerie.com , how to download the theme, pls?

PhilJ 06-21-2020 12:19 PM

Check your invoice where there'll be a download link.

Thanks for the order.

cheap eyeglasses 06-22-2020 03:40 AM

have downloaded, tks, PhilJ

PhilJ 06-24-2020 01:26 AM

24th June - A few minor updates this morning, including CloudZoom fix... see changelog.

peggyr 07-08-2020 07:07 AM

Hi Phil,

How does reDUX Auto Upselling option, determine what 'items' to include in the list from the category that is selected?

Is there a way to override and/or add to the auto upselling selected items?

Thanks

PhilJ 07-09-2020 02:33 AM

Auto-upselling products override the standard upselling (related) products. It just picks them sequentially, or randomly from the chosen category or manufacturer.

It's possible to display auto-upselling *and* standard upselling products at the same time, but you'd need to modify /skin/reboot/customer/main/product_tabs.tpl

I've just tweaked the product modify auto-upselling template, to make it a bit more user friendly, added disable buttons (/skin/reboot/admin/reboot_aup.tpl)

peggyr 07-09-2020 02:02 PM

Hi Phil,

Your reDUX Auto Upselling is SUPER! Thanks so much.

Since this function works by selecting a 'category' to select which upselling items to relate to, it took me a bit to figure out how to get a 'subset' of items from category, and also be able to order the display of the related products.

I figured out that I could create a 'hidden' category, and add 1 'bogus' hidden but available item. Then I could add those items from other categories to that sub-set category.

Since I needed multiple 'subsets', I created multiple hidden categories, with the related items I wanted. Then using the 'order priority' within the category, I could order the items as I wanted them appearing.

It works PERFECTLY, and is easy to go and modify the needed products to select the upselling category.

THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH for all your help.

Hopefully, my production migration will work flawlessly this weekend! Stay tuned to the outcome!

Peggy

peggyr 07-11-2020 04:06 AM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the /reboot/auto_upselling_products.php change to allow the category POS order for related products

I'm now LIVE on REDUX! It is awesome!

Peggy

peggyr 07-11-2020 03:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Phil,

Another question.

Where does the date format for testimonials come from? It appears as D/M/Y, though in settings->appearance I have the date selected as M/D/Y.

I have removed the date from testimonial_add.php in

testimonial_add.tpl via {*- remove added <input type="hidden" name="added" value="{$smarty.now}"> *} which works fine.

But in admin approval /admin/reboot_testimonials.php, it appears in D/M/Y format.

See attached

Thanks

Optimally, I'd like the 'Added' date to optionally be disabled. My change to testimonial_add.tpl works for what I need, so even with the admin approval panel requiring a date in D/M/Y - that isn't displayed to customer.

PhilJ 07-13-2020 04:47 AM

It's just a regular timestamp. A quick way to hide the dates, is by editing /skin/reboot/css/misc/testimonials.css

Code:

.testimonial-style-1 .testi-date { font-size: 0.8rem; color: #333; display: none; }

peggyr 08-20-2020 12:14 PM

Hi Phil,

What's needed to 'invoke' Country_redirect in reDUX other than uncommenting the code in

/reboot/country_redirect.php?

Are there files required in the root? Specifically,

CountryDetector.class.php
CountryDetector.interface.php
CountryDetector.php

Or are those files only needed from the Country_Redirect X-cart Mod from

https://www.xcartmods.co.uk/x-cart-country-or-continent-redirector.html

Thanks.

Peggy

PhilJ 08-21-2020 01:26 AM

Hi Peggy, the /reboot/country_redirect.php code should suffice and easy enough to configure.

The CountryDetector mod files use an old API, which no longer works.

peggyr 08-21-2020 07:03 AM

Phil,

Thank you for confirming. I had realized I and not taken out OLD code in home.php, that was causing problems.

Thanks Again.

Peggy

PhilJ 08-22-2020 03:00 AM

22nd Aug 2020 - New category setting to display specific product listings in simple tabular view.

Demo

Changelog

PhilJ 08-26-2020 11:43 AM

26th Aug 2020 - If you use the Device Detect addon, there's a new admin page which gives you more insight into your order data.
  • Displays up to the past 10 years orders in nice looking charts
  • Filterable by year, month and order status
  • Displays the total number of orders and the total orders value
  • Displays percentages of orders placed by mobile, tablet and desktop
  • Export order totals to CSV for use in spreadsheets etc.
  • This addon will be updated with extra features soon!
Updated 27th Aug - you can now filter by year / month, shows # orders by month.

Updated 1st Sept - displays 'All Time' orders with a yearly line graph, now filterable by order status, improved graphs.

Updated 6th Sept - displays total number of orders AND total value of orders. Can now change the graph type for each graph (bar or line). More order statuses added...

Note, apply SQL patch...
Quote:

ALTER TABLE `xcart_orders` CHANGE `deviceType` `deviceType` CHAR(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

Updated 11th Sept - Minor tweaks and CSV export functionality added.

Updated 13th Sept - Overhaul, new chart engine. Extra features coming soon, eg. ability to compare years/months etc.

PhilJ 08-27-2020 08:10 AM

27th Aug 2020 - Custom product fields HTML was not saving.

It's easy to fix... Changelog

PhilJ 09-06-2020 10:40 AM

I may have found a decent solution for CloudZoom on detailed images AND variants. Drop me a line if you're interested, I could do with 1-2 test subjects, before I merge the new code.

elmirage001 09-10-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
26th Aug 2020 - If you use the Device Detect addon, there's a new admin page which gives you more insight into order data.

Updated 27th Aug - you can now filter by year / month, shows # orders by month.

Updated 1st Sept - displays 'All Time' orders with a yearly line graph, now filterable by order status, improved graphs.

Updated 6th Sept - displays total number of orders AND total value of orders. Can now change the graph type for each graph (bar or line). More order statuses added... Probably last version, unless anyone wants anything else added.

Note, apply SQL patch...

Hi Phil, I finally had time to implement this and it's BRILLIANT!! It's so much easier and informative than the spreadsheet I was manually doing.

Thank you so much!

Paul