X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

bebekisses.com 03-08-2007 03:51 PM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

have you tried the generate html catalog feature?

newattraction 03-09-2007 03:44 PM

I'm currently using X-Cart version 4.1.6. I tried to make changes to file include/get_language.php. I can't find the following code in file include/get_language.php (per XC-SEO v1.5 Step IV. of installation instruction).

Code:

if (!preg_match('!(\.htm(l)?|/$)!',$_tmp["path"])) {
  func_header_location($l_redirect);
 }

Am I doing anything wrong?

bebekisses.com 03-14-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebekisses.com
I'm very happy to report that this works great in dev, apache 2.0, php 4.3.9

Going to compile apache (latest) + php 5x. we'll see what happens.

i'll report on what happened. :)

Very pleased to report that it works well with the following:

php 5.2.1
Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7l DAV/2 PHP/5.2.1

JeremyL 03-25-2007 04:08 PM

Anyone else not finding the code int he core file? This is a brand new install with the latest download.

Code:

III. includes/func/func.core.php
===================
RECOMMENDED:
The following change to "func.core.php" is recommended
to help prevent search engines from picking up Sesson IDs
when visiting X-Cart. This *issue* has been reported to X-Cart
devs and will be fixed in the next release of X-Cart (4.1.4).

NOTE: This change is for X-Cart 4.1.x series. Owners of 4.0.x, please
verify if this alteration is needed.

-----------
Find Code:
-----------

if (!empty($XCARTSESSID) && !isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$XCART_SESSION_NAME]) && !eregi("$XCART_SESSION_NAME=", $location)) {
        $location .= ((strpos($location, '?') != false)?'&':'?')."$XCART_SESSION_NAME=".$XCARTSESSID;
    }

------------
Replace With
------------

if (!empty($XCARTSESSID) && !isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$XCART_SESSION_NAME]) && !eregi("$XCART_SESSION_NAME=", $location) && !defined('IS_ROBOT')) {
        $location .= ((strpos($location, '?') != false)?'&':'?')."$XCART_SESSION_NAME=".$XCARTSESSID;
    }

This is the closest thing I can find but it looks like it may have already been fixed

Code:

if (!empty($XCARTSESSID) && (!isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$XCART_SESSION_NAME]) || defined("SESSION_ID_CHANGED")) && !eregi("$XCART_SESSION_NAME=", $location) && !defined('IS_ROBOT')) {
        $added[] = $XCART_SESSION_NAME."=".$XCARTSESSID;
    }

pavant 03-26-2007 05:36 PM

"XC SEO functions similarly to DSEFU, in that it requires 0 template edits, and writes all Product/Manufacturer/Category/Static Page urls to .html page aliases: sitename.com/categoryname.html

In the near future, I intend to release a version that will function similar to the original XC SEO release (and similar to CDSEO), with the ability to rewrite urls using categories as folders: sitename.com/category1/category2/productname.html"

Has this mod been made?

Chill-Tek 04-02-2007 10:05 AM

My host does not use apache, can CDSEO be used with Zeus? If so, does the .htaccess need to changed to comply with Zeus syntax?

Jayk 04-05-2007 12:34 AM

Any word on an update for 4.1.6? The code in froogle.php seems to have changed somewhat.

Cheers,
Jason

Jayk 04-05-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayk
Any word on an update for 4.1.6? The code in froogle.php seems to have changed somewhat.

Cheers,
Jason

Nevermind. I feel like a dolt. I was looking at the 4.1.x instructions and if one follows the 4.1.3 instructions, the froogle code matches up.

Cheers,
Jason

Jayk 04-05-2007 09:00 PM

I spoke too soon. The Froogle export seems to work fine, but after uploading the bulk listing file, there are errors from Google Base complaining of a possible missing delimiter. I'm not much of a coder, but I'll see if I can figure it out and post the modules/froogle.php part of the mod for 4.1.6.

Cheers,
Jason

Jayk 04-06-2007 06:46 AM

Just a minor change in the modification for modules/Froogle/froogle.php for X-Cart 4.1.6:

-----------
Find Code:
-----------
Code:

if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../../"); die("Access denied"); }

------------
After, Add
------------
Code:

############################################################
# X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/
if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])) {
        include $xcart_dir."/modules/XC_SEO/loader.seo.php";
}
# END SEO

This next part is the part with the small change:

-----------
Find Code:
-----------
Code:

# Post string
                        $post = func_froogle_convert($product['product'], 80)."\t".
                                func_froogle_convert($product['descr'], 65536)."\t".
                                $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t".
                                $tmbn."\t"

------------
Replace With
------------
Code:

# X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/
# The following has been commented out and replaced
#
#                        # Post string
#                        $post = func_froogle_convert($product['product'], 80)."\t".
#                                func_froogle_convert($product['descr'], 65536)."\t".
#                                $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t".
#                                $tmbn."\t".
#
# SEO replacement code begin
#
                        # Post string
                        if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])){
                                # Build SEO URL
                                $prod_url = $seo->_product_callback(array(false,'','productid='.$product['productid'],'',''), true, $product['product']);

$froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/".$prod_url."\t";
                        }else{
                                        $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t";
                        }
                        $post .= $tmbn."\t".
# End SEO

This is working on my store. The changes to includes/func/func.core.php seem to be unnecessary in 4.1.6. The includes/get_language.php file is different in 4.1.6 than it was in 4.1.3. I don't have the language selector enabled on my site, so I can't confirm the effect of not modifying that file.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,
Jason