X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Displaying Dimensions (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11604)

brightway 01-20-2005 04:06 PM

Displaying Dimensions

When importing from a .csv file, using xcarts standard column headings.
It has column headings for the dimensions eg. dim_x, dim_y, dim_x.

How can I get the dimensions entered in under these columns to be displayed with my product details....rather than adding an extra product field (param00).

cubefree 03-28-2005 06:22 PM

Yes, curious myself!
But I am about to spend some support points to find out.

Version 4.0.12

I did I did! 8)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

> I'm going to import my client's products into the dB, and I notice these product fields
> available for import: dim_x, dim_y, dim_z.
> They also appear in the Importing Products section of the manual, but I don't see them
> displayed on any pages for a standard install?

Unfortunately, these fields are not used in X-Cart, they remained from previous versions
of X-Cart.

> Is that intentional?

They are not international. The values of these fields are stored in the 'xcart_products'
table in the 'dim_x', 'dim_y', 'dim_z' fields accordingly.

> How should I refer to these variables to display them?
>
> Are they in any .tpl files? If so, which ones?

To display these fields, for example at the product details page, you can edit
'skin1/customer/main/product.tpl' (customers zone) and 'skin1/main/product.tpl'
(admins/providers zone) templates and use the following code there:

{$product.dim_x}
--
Sincerely yours,
Sergey Fomin,
Technical Support Engineer

cubefree 03-29-2005 03:50 PM

Additionally, I persued the following to edit my Admin/modify_product.php page. I edited the code for dim_x for starters (btw $lng.lbl_dim_x must be added in the Languages section of admin tool):

Code:

<TR>
{if $productids ne ''}<TD width="15" class="TableSubHead"><INPUT type="checkbox" value="Y"
name="fields[dim_x]"></TD>{/if}
<TD class="FormButton" nowrap>{$lng.lbl_dim_x}</TD>
<TD class="ProductDetails">
<INPUT type="text" name="dim_x" size="18" value="{$product.dim_x}">
</TD>
</TR>

It displays properly. However, it does NOT save any numbers entered into the dim_x input field. Do you know why? And what do I need to do to save the entry? The field already exists in the xcart_products table.

Using the GET method I confirmed the value is being passed to the page, but it did not save it in the xcart_products table. It just returns "0" in the dim_x field. Hmmmm.....? What next?

Version 4.0.12

cubefree 03-30-2005 10:43 AM

Per excellent tech support... I relay the info here for all users:

This field is not used by default x-cart, thus you need to modify
/xcart/include/product_modify.php and replace

#
# Update product data
#
Code:

db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[products] SET product='$product', descr='$descr', fulldescr='$fulldescr', avail='$avail', list_price='$list_price', weight='$weight', productcode='$productcode', forsale='$forsale', distribution='$distribution', free_shipping='$free_shipping', shipping_freight='$shipping_freight', discount_avail='$discount_avail', min_amount='$min_amount', return_time = '$return_time', low_avail_limit='$low_avail_limit', free_tax='$free_tax' WHERE productid='$productid'");

with

#
# Update product data
#
Code:

db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[products] SET product='$product', descr='$descr', fulldescr='$fulldescr', avail='$avail', list_price='$list_price', weight='$weight', productcode='$productcode', forsale='$forsale', distribution='$distribution', free_shipping='$free_shipping', shipping_freight='$shipping_freight', discount_avail='$discount_avail', min_amount='$min_amount', return_time = '$return_time', low_avail_limit='$low_avail_limit', free_tax='$free_tax', dim_x='$dim_x' WHERE productid='$productid'");

As you can see I've just added , dim_x='$dim_x' to the list of saved attributes.

maniac 08-17-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubefree
Additionally, I persued the following to edit my Admin/modify_product.php page. I edited the code for dim_x for starters (btw $lng.lbl_dim_x must be added in the Languages section of admin tool):

You sure that's the file name - I keep looking for it in admin but not there. Was it a tpl file instead?

Update:

It may have been a version thing...

For version 4.014 you have to change the file: skin1/main/product_details.tpl add the following code to the table:

Code:

<TR>
{if $productids ne ''}<TD width="15" class="TableSubHead"><INPUT type="checkbox" value="Y" name="fields[dim_x]"></TD>{/if}
        <TD class="FormButton" nowrap>{$lng.lbl_dim_x}</TD>
        <TD class="ProductDetails">
        <INPUT type="text" name="dim_x" size="18" value="{$product.dim_x}">
        </TD>
</TR>

I ended up adding three new rows, changing dim_x to dim_y abd dim_z respectively for each. Also added a language variable for each one as specified by cubefree.

Then, I edited /include/product_modify.php as specified by cubefree but added a couple of values to my query to accomodate dim_y and dim_z:

Code:

db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[products] SET product='$product', descr='$descr', fulldescr='$fulldescr', avail='$avail', list_price='$list_price', weight='$weight', productcode='$productcode', forsale='$forsale', distribution='$distribution', free_shipping='$free_shipping', shipping_freight='$shipping_freight', discount_avail='$discount_avail', min_amount='$min_amount', return_time = '$return_time', low_avail_limit='$low_avail_limit', free_tax='$free_tax', dim_x='$dim_x', dim_y='$dim_y', dim_z='$dim_z' WHERE productid='$productid'");

Finally I edited my product_details file /skin1/customer/main/product.tpl and /skin1/customer/main/products.tpl to display the new values.

Thanks for doing the leg work cubefree :)

shan 08-18-2005 03:41 AM

moved over to custom mods

gfmedia 08-22-2005 04:46 AM

can you show the compeleted code?

Can you show the code completed to accuratly show in both areas needing editing?

2019 08-23-2005 03:39 AM

well i was thinking to play with that variables.
well here is a challange, i will try to do, help will be welcome :oops:

my shipping company takes the weight like this:

dim_x * dim_y * dim_z
___________________ = weight of the product

in other words :

(dim_x*dim_y*dim_z)/3000=weight of the product

this is the formula of the "desi" in turkish and i can not find the english term sorry :(

so when we enter the values x,y,z in the product modify field it is automaticly will be calculated with formula and will be entered in the weight field with javascript.

i hope i am clear :( willing to hear help from you mates.

cheers

2019 09-25-2005 12:12 PM

any1? :(