X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Multi currency modul (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=38421)

tqualizerman 10-30-2008 12:14 PM

Re: Multi currency modul

This mod is fantastic and virtual@croatia has been a real saviour here in bringing it to us.

My only problem is that I've set the default currency to 'USD' but the store insists on displaying CAD. Can you look into this?

virtual@croatia 10-30-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tqualizerman
This mod is fantastic and virtual@croatia has been a real saviour here in bringing it to us.

My only problem is that I've set the default currency to 'USD' but the store insists on displaying CAD. Can you look into this?

I will, just send me the data on the email.

virtual@croatia 11-08-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waynarky
Hi Virtual

I've implemented the module and its working great. Thank you very much!
The instructions were clear and simple :)

I do want to ask about one small issue though. When I change currency it goes back to the home page, instead of refreshing the product page. I see that on your www.smee.hr site, that's not the case. Can you help?

Hi,

I fix it finally :-). Just download the last version. If you have it installed already you don't have to install it again, just upload the last version over the existing one.

Waynarky 11-25-2008 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtual@croatia
Hi,

I fix it finally :-). Just download the last version. If you have it installed already you don't have to install it again, just upload the last version over the existing one.

Cool, thanks very much Virtual!! I'll do that.

bemore 12-21-2008 12:50 PM

Is it possible to pass the preferred currency to the cart as a session variable?

e.g., www.xyz.com/shop/index.php?currency=usd

Our client doesn't want the IP range functionality, loves the rest of the mod, but wants to be able to set which currency people are seeing based on the link.

virtual@croatia 12-22-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemore
Is it possible to pass the preferred currency to the cart as a session variable?

e.g., www.xyz.com/shop/index.php?currency=usd

Our client doesn't want the IP range functionality, loves the rest of the mod, but wants to be able to set which currency people are seeing based on the link.

Yes, it is. Instead to install IP range module, open the file get_currency.php and add catch the query string somewhere at line 58 into the variable $store_currency.

junaid 01-03-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtual@croatia
6. Insert this code in skin1/admin/home.tpl, anywhere between lines 60 and 250, on any empty line:

above file is not in skin1/admin directory, i presume it is skin1/single/home.tpl .

i love this Mod and i need it badly but unfortunately couldnt get it to work.
Mod is giving sql errors mentioned earlier.
at admin side it is only letting us to change default currency and admin/currencies.php couldnt be called as it is giving permission error.

can anyone please help me.

virtual@croatia 01-03-2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junaid
above file is not in skin1/admin directory, i presume it is skin1/single/home.tpl .

i love this Mod and i need it badly but unfortunately couldnt get it to work.
Mod is giving sql errors mentioned earlier.
at admin side it is only letting us to change default currency and admin/currencies.php couldnt be called as it is giving permission error.

can anyone please help me.

Juanid,

Send me an email to admin@smee.com and I'll check what is going on.

Learner 01-13-2009 03:57 AM

Hi,

After modification & changes of all codes originally posted by
virtual@croatia, I just change in general settings making Primary currency symbol:INR & Alternative currency symbol (empty to disable): Blank. Also I have not used IP_Range module and keep intact in include/data_cache.php.

And also making in Multi Currency Select default currency:INR

In the Currencies management settings INR is selected and also the other settings of currencies.

But when I open in store front always Indian rupee is selected by default and no conversion of currencies occur.

Any settings problem from admin panel? I am now using x-cart pro 4.1.9.

Please guide me to do this setup successfully.

Thanks to all

virtual@croatia 01-13-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learner
Hi,

After modification & changes of all codes originally posted by
virtual@croatia, I just change in general settings making Primary currency symbol:INR & Alternative currency symbol (empty to disable): Blank. Also I have not used IP_Range module and keep intact in include/data_cache.php.

And also making in Multi Currency Select default currency:INR

In the Currencies management settings INR is selected and also the other settings of currencies.

But when I open in store front always Indian rupee is selected by default and no conversion of currencies occur.

Any settings problem from admin panel? I am now using x-cart pro 4.1.9.

Please guide me to do this setup successfully.

Thanks to all

If you didn't install IP_Range module all customers will get the default currency when they approach your pages, in your case INR. To change the currency, the customer have to choose from the list of currencies you previously activated in the admin area. Can you send me the web pages address to see how it looks like now?