X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rogue sellers anyone? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24109)

geordienz 08-15-2006 10:09 AM

Rogue sellers anyone?

I purchased x-cart and two add-ons from a re-seller on eBay a couple of months back. I got got the x-cart licence but no licence for add-ons (SpecialOffers and Affiliate) - should there be a licence for the latter two?

I had to go back a version to 4.0.18 in x-cart and I have 4.1.1 for SO. X-cart bods are saying I must purchase SO again, which I find absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone else found rogue sellers out there?

carpeperdiem 08-15-2006 12:08 PM

You bought a license and the seller didn't give it to you?

Uh... that would be failure to deliver (giving the seller the benefit of the doubt) or fraud...

Sounds like you have a refund coming... will eBay back you up? How did you pay?

geordienz 08-15-2006 12:24 PM

They supplied the software but not the licences (except for x-cart itself). . .wasn't sure if I needed a licence for the add-ons - do I?

Paid by Paypal so should be okay there.

Anyhow, don't even get as far as being asked for a licence.
With X-affiliate "install" (ha - that's a joke!), all I get is "done" on the status bar of my browser, and a blank page.

carpeperdiem 08-15-2006 12:36 PM

There is no such thing as commercial software without a license. Whether it has a unique code or not, if Qualiteam doesn't recognize the transaction, then you're out of luck.

For example -- when you login to youruser account, the software and addons that you "own" are all listed. "Own" is in quotes because we don't really own any software... we own a license to use it. So unless Qualiteam recognizes the licenses you purchased, you don't have anything...

I bought what I thought was a licensed version of TurboTax for Business from an ebay seller 2 years ago... the seller represented a physical disc and original box - new, wth a license... I received a URL to a link to a disk image. Seller insisted this was legal. Intuit's legal department didn't agree... and fortunately PayPal arranged for a 100% refund.

I would not consider buying a license for a mod or addon from anyone but the original developer, to ensure the product is legal. We're buying tools to help sell our products to make money - the vendors deserve their $35 too. Just my $.02

geordienz 08-15-2006 01:00 PM

I absolutely agree, but how are we supposed to know if someone is an authorised re-seller? They appear to be since they supplied a licence for main x-cart prog - just not for the add-ons I bought.

groovico 08-15-2006 02:25 PM

They should be able to transfer the license to your x-cart members area if they are legit sellers. If they cant do this then dont buy from them

geordienz 08-16-2006 03:52 AM

JUst purchased X-SpecialOffers (again! :x ) this time direct from x-cart.
Now I notice that this is listed under the same licence as my original x-cart purchase. Does everything operate under the one licence?