X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2 validation errors on all product pages (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67836)

fordy3 09-27-2013 02:18 AM

2 validation errors on all product pages

Hello all,

Getting 2 validation errors on my product pages and at a bit of a loss how to solve these. Any help appreciated.

Validation Output: 2 Errors
Error Line 310, Column 9: end tag for "tr" which is not finished
</tr>
Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists require appropriate list items (<ul> and <ol> require <li>; <dl> requires <dt> and <dd>), and so on.
Error Line 343, Column 15: end tag for "tr" which is not finished
</tr>
Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists require appropriate list items (<ul> and <ol> require <li>; <dl> requires <dt> and <dd>), and so on.

<table cellspacing="0" class="product-properties" summary="Description">
<tr>
</tr> ********** LINE 310

<table class="save_table">
<tr>
<td valign="top">
<div>
<span class="product-price-value"><span class="currency">&pound;<span id="product_price">5.99</span></span></span>
<span class="product-market-price"></span>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr> *********** LINE 343
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><div id="wl-prices" style="display: none;">

totaltec 09-27-2013 08:57 AM

Re: 2 validation errors on all product pages

Yes, I see the errors on your product page. The table rows <tr> are started and closed </tr> but there is no columns <td></td> inside.

Take a look at the template that controls this page.customer/main/product_details.tpl

I see in the original templates you may have removed the sku number from the page:
Code:

<tr>
      <td class="property-name property-name2">{$lng.lbl_sku}</td>
      <td class="property-value" id="product_code" colspan="2">{$product.productcode|escape}</td>
</tr>

You need to also remove the <tr></tr> tags.

fordy3 09-27-2013 09:31 AM

Thanks for that. Still 1 error though line 341.
There are 14 pairs of <tr></tr> in product_details.tpl, so its coming from somewhere else methinks??

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
Yes, I see the errors on your product page. The table rows <tr> are started and closed </tr> but there is no columns <td></td> inside.

Take a look at the template that controls this page.customer/main/product_details.tpl

I see in the original templates you may have removed the sku number from the page:
Code:

<tr>
      <td class="property-name property-name2">{$lng.lbl_sku}</td>
      <td class="property-value" id="product_code" colspan="2">{$product.productcode|escape}</td>
</tr>

You need to also remove the <tr></tr> tags.

totaltec 09-27-2013 10:08 AM

Same template, I think you removed the product notifications and left the <tr></tr>
Original code:
Code:

<tr>
        {if $active_modules.Product_Notifications ne '' and $config.Product_Notifications.prod_notif_enabled_P eq 'Y' and ($product.taxed_price ne 0 or $variant_price_no_empty)}
        <td>
          {include file="modules/Product_Notifications/product_notification_request_button.tpl" productid=$product.productid type="P"}
        </td>
        {/if}
  </tr>

I would search for <tr> in the template and look for one that has no <td>.

Look around line 100. I'm really just shooting in the dark though. :-)

fordy3 09-27-2013 10:16 AM

I looked at that so tried with an original file, the same 1 error.

Thanks for your help[ though - much appreciated.