X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Variants and wholesale prices (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=76856)

welly 03-06-2019 04:34 AM

Variants and wholesale prices

Hi

Is it possible for wholesale prices to be applied according to the total number of variants purchased/in the basket?

For example, say I have a product with two variants, and each variant is £10 for one unit and £8 for two units.

If my customer buys one of each, so a total of two units, I want the price for each unit to be £8. The customer is buying two units, so I want each variant to be priced at the 'two unit' level.

There is a fix for this in 4.x (now a free module I believe), but does the same solution exist for 5.x?

Many thanks

Welly

cflsystems 03-06-2019 05:26 PM

Re: Variants and wholesale prices

No. XC never had this feature even though requested many times.
Each product/variant is on its own.

welly 03-07-2019 01:26 AM

Thanks for confirming, Steve. I rather suspected that.

I assume that there isn't an existing fix for this, and that I will need to ladle out yet more money to XC to have this developed?

Many thanks

Welly

qualiteam 03-09-2019 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welly

I assume that there isn't an existing fix for this, and that I will need to ladle out yet more money to XC to have this developed?

Many thanks

Welly

I will check with the product management if this is to be added in 5.4, and will follow up.

qualiteam 03-10-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welly

Many thanks

Welly

I'm afraid this feature is not in the roadmap for 5.4, so it has to be custom coded at this time.

welly 03-13-2019 03:05 AM

Thanks for the update.

I would have been surprised if you had said otherwise, to be honest. People were producing workarounds for this 5 years ago, so if it hasn't made it into the product by now, it never will.

I've received my quote. I just need to decide whether to go ahead with it, or launch a small space programme instead...

Many thanks

Welly

costanza 11-11-2021 02:04 PM

Can this be done in x-cart yet or an app for this?

I'd like Wholesale pricing to work, for a basket of variants of a product.

For example, I sell products that come in different scents, they are defined by variants and are all the same price. I would like a basket of different scents to get quantity pricing on the total number of scents they buy.