X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

xtech 01-15-2015 08:44 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Thank you Phil for your great help.You are always cooperative.Thank you very much.

xtech 01-17-2015 01:14 AM

Hi Phil,
Two issues found-
1)After submitting the form page not refreshed email value still exist in the popup box.It should be blank after entering email id.
2)After submitting form I want to display an alert message saying "Thank You".

How to achieve that?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 01-17-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

1) After submitting the form page not refreshed email value still exist in the popup box.It should be blank after entering email id.
In reboot_newsletter_popup.php after...
Code:

klass = 'response-success';
Insert...
Code:

$("input#signup-email").val("");

Quote:

2) After submitting form I want to display an alert message saying "Thank You".
It already does that...
Code:

if($insertSignup){ // If insert is successful
                $status = "success";
                $message = "You are subscribed!";

xtech 01-18-2015 10:55 PM

Thanks it is working.But instead displaying at the below if I want after submitting the form it will display "Thank you" only at the middle of the page.No form will show at the top.

Also I want to show Sort by discount options on any products page.How to achieve it also?

xtech 01-19-2015 08:57 PM

Hi Phil,
My latest products RSS feeds rss_products.xml always showing old products 10 April 2014 23:05.It will not updating and displaying the latest products.

What is the issue here?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 01-20-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

My latest products RSS feeds rss_products.xml always showing old products 10 April 2014 23:05.It will not updating and displaying the latest products.

Perhaps try increasing the value in the template settings...

RSS > "Latest products maximum number of entries"

PhilJ 01-20-2015 06:29 AM

Bootstrap v3.3.2 released. reBOOT v3.x users can upgrade here.

xtech 01-21-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Perhaps try increasing the value in the template settings...

RSS > "Latest products maximum number of entries"

I have changed it from 50 to 200 but still showing products from 2014.

Also I have opened https://www.mydomain.com/reboot_rss_products.php

it is showing this Warning-

Warning: fopen(rss_products.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhost/mydomain.com/reboot_rss_products.php on line 13
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/vhost/mydomain.com/reboot_rss_products.php on line 41
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/vhost/mydomain.com/reboot_rss_products.php on line 42
Latest Products RSS Feed Generated! - Thu, 22 January 2015 10:52:56

How to resolve the issue?

PhilJ 01-22-2015 05:30 AM

Ensure rss_news.xml and rss_products.xml are writable (CHMOD 777).

Or, it could be that the RSS feed(s) are not 'well-formed', which can be due to special characters in the product titles/descriptions.

Open the feed in a browser like Opera and it will let you know if there are errors. Or try the W3C feed validator.

xtech 01-23-2015 10:26 PM

After changing the permissions it is working.Thank you very much.

One more requirement please- I want to show Name,Email Id,Password and confirm password in home page lightbox popup.That is I want to register the user first.

How to achieve that? Please help me.

Thanks,
xtech

elmirage001 01-24-2015 09:17 AM

Hi Phil ! Sorry to be a such stranger lately... I'm so backlogged I can't believe it :-)

It's a new year and since you've not been charging us for updates I'd like to donate again. I saw the donate button on your site a few days ago but now I can't find it. Can you please let me know where it is <- Thanks!

I challenge all the other reBOOTers out there to donate too. Lets give Phil the resources to keep reBOOT the best template out there! FYI - I'm donating $100 for each of my sites.

Thank you Phil for all you do!

Paul

keystone 02-02-2015 12:25 PM

I'm considering getting the reboot template but I would love to check out some of the sites of you all who are using the template first. Can you either post or pm me your site urls so I can take a look at what you have done with it?

Soft-Reseller.com 02-02-2015 08:36 PM

Hello

I am proud that I am using reBoot. I think I am one of those who shifted on reBoot as it was released.
Phil is always very kind and helpful to me. I am not a programer but when ever needed he helped me and I am running my site and quite happy.

Zaintech Technologies
http://www.soft-reseller.com

Regards
Kashif

keystone 02-03-2015 05:12 AM

very nice, I really like the way that your store looks and how easy it is to navigate through.

xtech 02-03-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keystone
I'm considering getting the reboot template but I would love to check out some of the sites of you all who are using the template first. Can you either post or pm me your site urls so I can take a look at what you have done with it?

I am using it in my store www.zotezo.com It is built with reboot template.Phil is very much helpful and co operative.

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 02-04-2015 01:13 AM

For anyone who's not sure about reBOOT and would like a trial, get in touch here.

xtech 02-04-2015 01:16 AM

Phil is always helpful.Great support.

Vacman 02-08-2015 06:13 PM

Hey Phil, finally got around to deploying the v3.4 upgrade, but I just noticed that the lightbox pop-up does not put the images in a separate popup box hovering over the page as it was with previous versions.

I now have to click the "back" button to go back to the page. Probably a setting - but I can't find it currently.

Vacman 02-08-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
You need to add the code to auth.php to query the testimonials table (see the testimonials install.txt file).

Otherwise, the footer will just display the hard coded testimonials that are in skin/reboot/custom/footer/footer_content_TR.tpl

Is the actual testimonials.php page displaying the correct testimonials? If not, then you'll need to re-add them from the backup database.

Ok, update: Looks like the testimonials are there in the DB (I can log into the testimonial admin and see them), and the code is added to auth.php, but now I get no testimonials displaying.

PhilJ 02-09-2015 01:32 AM

Hi Carl, get in touch and I'll take a look at your store.

PhilJ 02-09-2015 01:26 PM

New v3 addon - Product Price Match - Get it here.
  • Validated form fields
  • Populates name and email if logged in
  • Form submits without page refresh
  • Responsive, Bootstrap styling
  • 30 second install!

Pitak 02-10-2015 01:14 PM

The new addons are great, however they are not very multi-languages friendly.
Any chance that they'll be updated to support multi-languages?

PhilJ 02-11-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

The new addons are great, however they are not very multi-languages friendly.
Any chance that they'll be updated to support multi-languages?
ok, I will sort that out on a few of the addons when I get chance.

Pitak 02-11-2015 01:06 PM

1. My reBOOT admin menu got a little messed up after upgrading to v3.41. I now have 2 instances of "Display product videos as" and "HTML minifier". Any idea where I can delete these duplicates?

2. One problem I have with reBOOT is that photos in the product details pages seems to be too large for the mobile phone. I guess this is a problem with all responsive templates. Are there tips on how to make photos/images responsive to small-screen devices? Can this be automated in the reBOOT code?

3. Phil, please take a look at the support ticket I opened roughly 1 month ago.
Tracking ID: S1X-8G4-293N

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. <3

PhilJ 02-11-2015 03:20 PM

1) Find out the extraneous config setting name (right click the input element and 'Inspect element with Firebug') and run an SQL patch...

DELETE FROM xcart_config WHERE name = 'reboot_xxxxxxxxxx';

Or, you can just re-run the install SQL patch and you'll be back to default, but you'll have to re-tweak the template settings.

2) The lightbox is responsive for mobiles, as is the cloudzoom. You just have to be careful with image file sizes / dimensions. No way of automating it at the moment. There are JS lazy loaders out there that allow you to specify images for specific screen widths, but it's a lot of work.

3) I answered, sorry am busy at the moment.

PhilJ 02-11-2015 03:21 PM

New v3 addon - Glossary Tooltips - Get it here.
  • Tooltips automatically generated from a text file in JSON format
  • Admin tool to manage your terms and descriptions
  • Saves typing repetitive text
  • Responsive tooltips, mobile friendly
  • Works on any p, ul, a, div elements within the main content
  • HTML allowed in descriptions
  • 30 second install!

keystone 02-12-2015 01:15 PM

I have images for all my categories. The dimensions are 200px wide and 140px high. Reboot wants to squish the images when the screen size changes, how can I lock the ratio or the size so that they don't look distorted when the screen size changes?

To clarify, the category image that is up with the description stays perfect, it is the images below (the ones for all the subcategories)

PhilJ 02-12-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

I have images for all my categories. The dimensions are 200px wide and 140px high. Reboot wants to squish the images when the screen size changes, how can I lock the ratio or the size so that they don't look distorted when the screen size changes?
You can adjust the subcategory columns in skin/reboot/customer/main/subcategories_t.tpl

Replace...
Code:

col-md-3 col-sm-3 col-xs-6
With, eg...
Code:

col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-6
You can also adjust the subcategory block height in the template settings > Misc > "Subcategory column block height (pixels)"

Or, if you don't want responsive images (not recommend) in skin/reboot/css/reboot.css comment out...
Code:

img { max-width: 100%; }

keystone 02-13-2015 07:09 AM

it works good for the col-md and col-sm but I have to go all the way up to col-xs-12 for it not to squish the images on a vertical phone screen. The issue then is that for a horizontal phone screen there is a lot of space on either side of the images. As I "inspect elements" in google chrome and start to slide my screen, it looks like col-md lasts from full screen down to about half (1000px wide) then col-sm goes from 1000px to about 786px and col-xs is from 767px all the way down.

It seems like if col-sm would not switch over to col-xs so soon it would help. Is that something can be adjusted or is there a standard at which the switch over happens and I should leave that alone?

Or is there a way that my subcategory icons would be able to be set to shrink in height as well as width as the screen gets smaller, not just width?

I tried using the subcategory block height in the reboot template settings but all that does is set how high the entire subcategory block is, not just the image.

In the x-cart ideal responsive skin, when I slide the screen, my subcategory images do not resize at all, they just move below each other when the screen get too small to have them side by side.

PhilJ 02-13-2015 08:00 AM

Hard to say without looking at your store. You can post a ticket with your URL and I'll take a look.

EDIT: This was solved by editing skin/reboot/customer/main/subcategories_t.tpl

Replacing...
Code:

width="{$subcategory.image_x}" height="{$subcategory.image_y}"
With...
Code:

{*width="{$subcategory.image_x}" height="{$subcategory.image_y}"*}

PhilJ 02-17-2015 03:35 PM

New v3 addon - Categories & Manufacturers SEO Content - Get it here.
  • Adds unobtrusive content that may assist with your SEO
  • Adds SEO textarea fields to category modify and manufacturer modify pages (HTML allowed)
  • Displays the SEO content in category pages and manufacturer products pages
  • Content can be displayed in titled dialogs or basic panels
  • Content can be inside a scrollable DIV, with optional height
DEMO (category page)
DEMO (manufacturer page)

elmirage001 02-18-2015 07:39 AM

Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for all the new addons!! I'm finally getting time to work on 3.4.1 and one of the things I was going to do was to edit the subcategories template to add some text at the bottom since they are my actual main product pages. Your new Categories & Manufacturers SEO Content Addon is absolutely BRILLIANT!

I just finished installing your Newsletter Popup addon and have a question and made a slight change.

For the user to unsubscribe I changed
Code:

. "Should you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so any time at $confCompanyURL/news.php\n"
to
Code:

. "Should you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so any time at $confCompanyURL/mail/unsubscribe.php?email=$email&listid=$listid\n"

Question? If we start seeing any bots auto subscribing would it be possible for you to add a honeypot asking for a hidden email and if populated then it's ignored?

Thank you again so much!

Paul

PhilJ 02-18-2015 08:32 AM

Thanks Paul, duly noted, glad you like the addon.

If you get spam / bogus subscribers via the newsletter popup, let me know.

Vacman 02-18-2015 11:08 AM

Phil, on 3.4.1 checkout page I notice that the phone number input box is on the same "line" as the zip code input box and on my system it is too small to display the entire phone number as it is entered.

Where should I be looking to adjust the size (width) or preferably drop it to just under the zip code?

elmirage001 02-19-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vacman
Phil, on 3.4.1 checkout page I notice that the phone number input box is on the same "line" as the zip code input box and on my system it is too small to display the entire phone number as it is entered.

Where should I be looking to adjust the size (width) or preferably drop it to just under the zip code?

Hi Phil and Carl, I'm tweaking my checkout page and this was on my list too :-)

In /skin/common_files/main/zipcode.tpl change
Code:

<input type="text" id="{$id|escape}" class="zipcode{if $zip_section} {$zip_section}{/if}" name="{$name|escape}" size="32" maxlength="32" value="{$val|escape}" />
to
Code:

<input type="text" id="{$id|escape}" class="zipcode{if $zip_section} {$zip_section}{/if}" name="{$name|escape}" size="65" maxlength="32" value="{$val|escape}" />

Carl, for your admin mod you wanted please see Phil's addon here http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=71112

Thanks!

Paul

Vacman 02-19-2015 09:10 AM

Paul, unfortunately that did not make the Phone Number input box any wider - and yes, I did clear the template cache.

elmirage001 02-19-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vacman
Paul, unfortunately that did not make the Phone Number input box any wider - and yes, I did clear the template cache.

I'll send you an email when I get home late tonight around 10pm. I don't want to clog up Phil's reBOOT thread.

Until I reply try adding this CSS in a custom CSS file. Play around with changing the 90px to 90%

Code:

fieldset.registerform ul li.fields-group input[type="text"], fieldset.registerform ul li.fields-group input[type="password"] {
    width: 90px;
}

buywink 02-20-2015 12:47 AM

I have checked some of my customer enters bogus email id and phone no in the system.How can I ensure that they have entered proper email id and phone no?

Have there any addons for email id and phone no checker?

ITVV 02-20-2015 01:30 AM

Got to say that reBoot just keeps on getting better - New v3 addons.

Well done PhilJ

Kind regards

ITVV

PhilJ 02-20-2015 04:06 AM

Quote:

Got to say that reBoot just keeps on getting better - New v3 addons.
Another one added :)