X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CMS Manager with built in HTML editor (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=5272)

jordan0 12-16-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leon
Great to hear that, but dont put an angy face, like Marley said:

Dont worry, be happy :wink:

Believe that was Yo Yo Ma :wink:

leon 12-16-2003 03:38 PM

You're right, Bob Marley had other songs., he, he

At least you understand the message.

bluespark 12-17-2003 01:32 PM

showpage.php edits for XCart 3.5 Gold

Hi there,

First, great little tool. I'm using XCart 3.5 Gold and had to go through some editing steps in order to get it working, but things seem to be ok now.

That being said, I ran into a problem with showpage.php. At the top of the file, you have:

Code:

require "../smarty.php";
require "../config.php";
@include "./https.php";
require "./auth.php";
require "../include/categories.php";

To start, I had to alter this code to:

Code:

@include "./https.php";
require "./auth.php";

...to comply with earlier changes to cmsmaker.php and cmsmanager.php to make those XCart 3.5 Gold compliant. However, I ended up with a blank page - just blank white page, nothing on it. So then I started removing stuff.

Code:

require "./auth.php";

...is what I ended up with before the page finally showed up.

a) anybody else have this problem?
b) what have I lost by removing that https redirect code? (Note: I'm relatively new to X-Cart, but I've got a good background in PHP so X-Cart's been a quick learn)

Also, on another note, someone was talking about integrating the Rich Text Editior (RTE), that MS Word interface, into the Product Description field on the Product Modify page.

I can't speak for the RTE you used, but I integrated another free RTE called SPAW - http://www.solmetra.com/en/disp.php/en_products/en_spaw/en_spaw_about. - into my Modify Product form for the long description field.

It was a bit of a hack. Rather than implement it as a PHP script, as the documentation suggests, I just took the resulting HTML that the PHP script generates and put that into my /main/product_modify.tpl file, and I had to modify the resulting HTML a bit to prevent some javascript errors from showing up, as well as modify the smarty tag that is in the original code so that SPAW would read it correctly (removed the replace and escape commands) but the results were pretty slick.

The RTE in your CMS is good because it's all contained in a single *.js file, but SPAW has a number of extra features (target image directories/libraries located on your server for users to insert, allow uploading of images to those directories by users using the RTE, tie in to your site stylesheet, customize style/font/font-size drop downs, etc) that are quite useful. Maybe you might want to consider integrating it into version 2 of your CMS, but that requires more configuration time and more files, so that would make the CMS a little more complex to install. :?

Anyways, thanks for this add on, quite useful. Looking forward to version 2. And any info on problems that might arise from my showpage.php edits would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stephen Scholtz / blue*spark development team

chikira 12-18-2003 08:53 AM

I have not tried to Intergrate my old system (XCartCMS) into 3.5 but thank you for posting the information.

In loosing https is used when you are moving to a secure server and helps process that and keeps it all nice and clean. What I would suggest is look at one of the other PHP's in the customer folder. As an example search.php and have a look at what that is including in the head of the script for Requires.

If it matches what you have in showpage.php then great. If not try the set of scripts the REQUIRE and see if that works for you. That way you are keeping a consistant set of code and calls to functions which may help stability.

Also the new system I am using is SPAW for HTML editing I have also intergrated a descriptions modifier for the Product Full Description and Short Description inside Total CMS so that you can link from the main product_modify across to this to do all the editing required. (may make life easier).

:twisted:

chikira 12-18-2003 08:54 AM

Just a quick update on general Progress.

I now a website system generated by Smarty for easier use and fluid design kinda like PHP-Nuke but much simpler it will allow for modules to be developed and custom code easily while allowing a fluid design structure. I am also going to duplicate this system but use the X-Cart framework and Smarty code as well for X-Cart users. Again al managed from one interface.

New site is almost done (for demo purposes) and will be reset every hour. Hopefully done by the weekend!

chikira 12-18-2003 08:54 AM

Double Posted... Dammit

lesko 12-26-2003 12:41 PM

can this be used on litecommerce?

Great job...can this be used in litecommerce? and if so were would I upload it to...the same as xcart?or is this a editor like the windows editor for litecommerce but for xcart...?

chikira 12-27-2003 10:00 AM

LiteCommerce

I have not used Lite Commerce yet and have not looked at the system. However because of the way I am developing this it will be easy to add a module that does deal specifically with Lite Commerce. Most of the functions will work directly with it though. Literally you can edit anything online easily so if it is using templates, static pages etc no problem. I will have to investigate Lite Commerce further to see if I will develop a module in the Short Term that deals with the system directly.

sn8k 01-03-2004 09:17 PM

bluespark - I had the same problem... but used the fix as you suggested.

Works quite well now - thanks for the post http://www.eastbaymuscle.com/forums/images/smilies/patriot.gif

edit: well, it works on the embedded full page... I still can't seem to get this mod to work on the side panels though. v3.5.0

chikira 01-09-2004 11:13 AM

TOTAL CMS ALMOST READY

Hi All!

Well its almost ready. It has taken a lot longer than I thought as this little project turned into a monster!

I am pretty much just wrapping up some last minute features for the base CMS system and creating a website demo and an actual dedicated website for this product and all the modules. I am also trying to make this developer friendly so all the great coders out here can intergrate thier modules directly into the Total CMS / X-Cart framework.

One new feature I am adding is a special batch processor which is ideal for people who have large numbers of products.

Batch processes include:
  • Batch Price Updater
    Batch Shipping Adjustment ( Free Shipping on and off )
    Batch Delete Products

I have also built a section editor which is damned useful for clients who want to edit their own pages. You can assign single LINES or BLOCKS of the page for editing so they don't have to edit the entire page. This iwll save website / cart developers doing little changes that take up precious time.

Anyway, as soon as its all ready I will let everyone know...

leon 01-09-2004 11:23 AM

Great news. Thank you.

adpboss 01-09-2004 11:26 AM

I think this is great and would be interested to know if you have come up with a pricing scheme for this project yet.

More premium addons for X-cart means that our stores get better and our jobs become easier!

chikira 01-09-2004 11:34 AM

Pricing

Well here is the trick...

The base system for TOTALCMS will be 100% Free. That will include the base system and the 2 modules TOTAL WEBSITE and EZ-PUBLISHER ( The section editor I mentioned) as well as some developer tools for advanced users, although it will be free donations are always welcome as this has taken a lot of time to develop and I wouldl ike to continue to build more modules for it and improve features.

The X-Cart modules are going to be priced according to their complexity but not too expensive. I am thinking around $20 for most modules. The batch editor will be $30.

I am hammering out code as fast as I can between working on my clients stuff so I will hopefully have it all ready by next weekend. Fingers crossed!

leon 01-09-2004 06:30 PM

I applaud your effort. :D

Thats nice to have people give stuff Free and cheap, hard to see nowadays.

groovico 01-20-2004 06:39 AM

Re: TOTAL CMS ALMOST READY

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikira
I am pretty much just wrapping up some last minute features for the base CMS system and creating a website demo and an actual dedicated website for this product and all the modules. I am also trying to make this developer friendly so all the great coders out here can intergrate thier modules directly into the Total CMS / X-Cart framework.

One new feature I am adding is a special batch processor which is ideal for people who have large numbers of products.

Batch processes include:
  • Batch Price Updater
    Batch Shipping Adjustment ( Free Shipping on and off )
    Batch Delete Products

I have also built a section editor which is damned useful for clients who want to edit their own pages. You can assign single LINES or BLOCKS of the page for editing so they don't have to edit the entire page. This iwll save website / cart developers doing little changes that take up precious time.

Now that all sounds really smart, can't wait to see it!

zacsmith 01-28-2004 03:02 PM

Just installed this into my 3.4.8 cart for testing. Nice job...will be much easier to use than the various other solutions I've seen here.

Although I've gotten it installed and it seems to mostly work, I have a couple of problems:

1. After successfully creating a new content page, then pasting the link into a category description, I get the following error message:

Code:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "customer/main/showpage.tpl" in /home/yourempl/public_html/store/Smarty-2.5.0/Smarty.class.php on line 1042
б═

I've checked permissions, re-uploaded, etc....no change. Any ideas where to look?

2. When I click "To create html for another part of your site" I get a 404 error message for this URL:

Code:

http://youremployeehandbook.com/admin/cmsmanager.php?action=html

However, the file is in the right directory with the correct permissions. Any ideas on this one?

And a suggestion: when editing a content item, the linking URL is not shown again. It might be nice to always display that in case of need.

Of course, if your new version is close to release, I'll just not do anything about these errors and wait for the new and improved version 2!

Thanks for the great work! I'm looking forward to using this and will be first in line waving money for the new mods....

gary

chikira 01-29-2004 10:45 AM

Fix and general announcment

Hi,

First of all I couldnt get to the link http://youremployeehandbook.com/admin/cmsmanager.php?action=html

is your cart in a subdirectory? ie

http://youremployeehandbook.com/cart/admin/cmsmanager.php?action=html

Or something like that. If it is change the link to that in the cmsmanager.php

As for the first issue. I am not sure. if you pass me FTP access in a private message I will take a look at it for you.

Ok Announcement Time!

Total CMS is almost ready. I have been delayed due to some large client accounts needing attention but I am working to get this done in my spare time. I may just release the base system to get it out there and release modules as I complete them. If I cannot get it done within the week.

chikira 01-29-2004 10:47 AM

BTW your link will be

http://youremployeehandbook.com/store/admin/cmsmanager.php?action=html

I just played around with it and got it for you.

zacsmith 01-30-2004 10:07 AM

Sorry for the delay in answering...been crashing on another deadline.

That's great news about the CMS...it's sure to be a popular mod.

In the meantime, in case it's a problem that has crept into your latest version, here's a link that was generated by the CMS that results in an error message. Can you steer me in the right direction to squash the problem?

http://youremployeehandbook.com/store/customer/showpage.php?id=2

And here's a link to the page that results in a 404 error when clicking in EZ Admin to create a link to another part of the site:

http://youremployeehandbook.com/admin/cmsmanager.php?action=html

If either of these problems are taken care of in your new release, just let me know and I'll wait for it! Thanks for your efforts and help!

Gary

elmtronics 03-03-2004 01:35 PM

:oops:

In the install txt #7

7. Open /skin1/admin/home.tpl and find the line that looks like :

I for some reason dont have a home.tpl in that directory. Only place i can find it is in /skin1/customer/home.tpl

Is this a typo in the install txt or am I missing a home.tpl file ?

X-cat ver. 3.5.4

John7 03-03-2004 03:56 PM

Simple

Just copy the home.tpl to the other folder and it will work.

preston 03-06-2004 07:31 PM

I tried the CMS on my test site running 3.5.4 gold and I keep getting this error: "Can't find template engine!" when ever I click on the EZ Content Manager.

I have double checked that all the files are in the right place. I even made a copy of /skin1/single/home.tpl and put it in the skin1/admin with the changes to it as described in the install.txt

Anyone have any idea were I may have sceewed up installing the CMS.

dealsondeals 03-07-2004 08:15 AM

If you read the posting in it's entirety,you'll see where you need to make some alterations.

preston 03-09-2004 06:53 AM

Quote:

If you read the posting in it's entirety,you'll see where you need to make some alterations.

Been there, did all of that and still get the error on 3.5.4

jordan0 03-27-2004 02:34 PM

I have made all of the prescribed changes to the scripts cmsmaker.php and cmsmanager.php, as well as placed a copy of home.tpl in the skin1/admin directory, but I still cannot get this thing to work in my 3.5.5 install...

When i try to load cmsmanager.php, I get
Code:

Page not found!
 The requested page is not exists or you are not allowed to access that resource!

Anyone else experience this?

GM 03-28-2004 07:17 AM

WO! I just read this thread and can't wait for version 2... C'mon, C'mon, Hurry! :wink:

Phiberoptx 04-12-2004 10:33 AM

Still Getting errors in 3.5.X

The CMS Manager isa stripping out all of my HTML....in 3.5.X

Any Help?

geliebear 04-14-2004 01:31 AM

Re: CMS Manager with built in HTML editor

Hi there I am new at this so please excuse any errors.

I have installed your CMS System into my x-cart 3.5.5. everything looks ok but when i click on EZ Content manager in admin it comes up with the Admin menu page.

Anyone have any ideas where I have gone wrong ? :cry:
Quote:

Originally Posted by chikira
I have finally re-bundled the Content Manager I had built for a client. The CMS system includes:
  • Full Online HTML Editor
    Embedded Page Builder
    Rotating Side Menu Creator
    Fixed Menu Creator
    Easy to install
    Easy to use
    It's totally FREE!
It has been designed for X-Cart 3.4x though in theory it should work on earlier versions. This system is very easy to use and comes with full detailed install instructions, all templates and files that will turn X-Cart into a excellent CMS system...

Download it here:
http://www.artwrkz.net/xcart-CMS.zip

:D Have fun...

prang 04-14-2004 11:50 AM

Xcart CMS V2

were can i downloand Xcart CMS V2

prang 04-15-2004 07:10 AM

cms manager

could any one tell me were to download the new cms manager

lloyd

John7 05-07-2004 10:17 PM

Hmmm.

Me thinks perhaps this topic has died...

markwhoo 11-12-2004 10:58 AM

Re: cms manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by prang
could any one tell me were to download the new cms manager

lloyd

Read the entire thread. The link was on the first page.

Chikira in my mind is a great person and the fact this interface was given to the forum for free is over the top. A lot of people always want good things, mods, scripts, but are unable to make them themselves for different reasons. Many people make a decent living off of thier work in this forum and some of them donate time and code that others simply could not do.

This is one of those examples of unselfisheness so... Kudos to Chikira for that :!:

You need to start at page one of this thread and read as there are a lot of good thoughts and ideas.

Here is the link:

http://www.artwrkz.net/xcart-CMS.zip

Not sure when the last update was, but I have kept an eye on this thread since it started. It's all good!

yacine 11-18-2004 12:04 PM

pb with version 4.0.7

Hi,

I'm new to x-cart and interted by this mod but when I try it to teh actuel version I have the following problems
Firts it isn't the same files in the install and I think that in step 4
we replace the file /customer/home.php by home.php in the root
in step 5
/customer/home.tpl by /skin1/customer/home.tpl
in step 7
/skin1/admin/home.tpl by /skin1/fulfilment/home.tpl

And when we click on EZ content manger in the admin area we have nothing to happen !!! and some javascript error
Pleasde help
Thanks

markwhoo 11-18-2004 02:55 PM

Re: pb with version 4.0.7

Quote:

Originally Posted by yacine
Hi,

I'm new to x-cart and interted by this mod but when I try it to teh actuel version I have the following problems
Firts it isn't the same files in the install and I think that in step 4
we replace the file /customer/home.php by home.php in the root
in step 5
/customer/home.tpl by /skin1/customer/home.tpl
in step 7
/skin1/admin/home.tpl by /skin1/fulfilment/home.tpl

And when we click on EZ content manger in the admin area we have nothing to happen !!! and some javascript error
Pleasde help
Thanks

If you really need help, I would suggest you provide your details in your signature. there are a lot of people running different versions of xcart and no way to tell you what you need if someone does not know which version you are running.

By the number of posts it seems you have done, I would guess it is version 4.0.6 or 4.0.7.

AND, I hate to say this, but I am not totally into that version as of yet to be able to help you. I am myself in the process of developing a store in vs 4.0.6 and already need to upgrade...

Add details in signature and cross your fingers that someone has already done adjustments for it to work and can help.

yacine 11-19-2004 12:17 AM

thank you for your fast reply, I have updated my signature, I'm usin x-cart version 4.0.7
I have make some change the files names and is working
but the boxes on left and right sides are empty except some strings
"EZ content manager" and and in the profil box "modify" and "delete"
I think it's a problem with language path
when I log in the admin area there is a javascript error
Many Thanks

shan 11-19-2004 03:05 AM

as far as i know this mod was done aroound the time of 3.4 / 3.5 so chances are that things would need to b changed to make it work for V4

yacine 11-19-2004 06:49 AM

It's Ok for X-Cart 4.0.7 with small minor changes

daveb1 11-19-2004 06:59 AM

Any ideas what those changes are? If you have done it and can document the changes, that would be really useful!

Dave

yacine 11-20-2004 04:34 AM

For X-Cart 4.0.7

Following the install.txt file :

In section 4.
In /customer/home.php add these lines below ' require "./featured_products.php"; '.

To replace by :

In home.php in the root add these lines below
if (empty($products))
include "./featured_products.php";

Also,

Replace

require "./rotatingsidepanel_1.php";
require "./rotatingsidepanel_2.php";
require "./rotatingsidepanel_3.php";
require "./fixedsidepanel_1.php";
require "./fixedsidepanel_2.php";
require "./fixedsidepanel_3.php";

by

require "customer/rotatingsidepanel_1.php";
require "customer/rotatingsidepanel_2.php";
require "customer/rotatingsidepanel_3.php";
require "customer/fixedsidepanel_1.php";
require "customer/fixedsidepanel_2.php";
require "customer/fixedsidepanel_3.php";

In section 5.
The file is Б─°skin1/customer/home.tplБ─²

In section 6.
Replace

EZ Content Manager

By

EZ Content Manager

In section 7.

the file is "/skin1/single/home.tpl" and not "/skin1/admin/home.tpl"

Now
In the files : Admin/cmsmaker.php and Admin/cmsmanager.php
Replace :

require "../smarty.php";
require "../config.php";
require "./auth.php";
require "../include/security.php";

by

require "./auth.php";
require $xcart_dir."/include/security.php";

and

$smarty->display("admin/home.tpl");

By

@include $xcart_dir."/modules/gold_display.php";
func_display("admin/home.tpl",$smarty);

in the file : Customer/showpage.php

Replace :

require "../smarty.php";
require "../config.php";
@include "./https.php";
require "./auth.php";

by

@include "./https.php";
require "../auth.php";

and

$smarty->display("customer/home.tpl");

By

func_display("customer/home.tpl",$smarty);

in the file : skin1/admin/main/cmsmaker.tpl

{include file="location.tpl" last_location="CMS Maker"}

By

{include file="page_title.tpl" title="EZ Content Management"}

{"This section allows you to ..."}

Hope this will help

daveb1 11-20-2004 05:31 AM

Thanks yacine!

I'll be giving that a go later, so fingers crossed! :)

Dave