X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   5.2.12 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules... (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=73441)

Anna_Shvetsova 01-20-2016 03:31 AM

5.2.12 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules...

We are pleased to announce the release of 5.2.11, which comes with great improvements to order management and import/export feature. You'll be glad to see a new adaptive menu for mobile view intended to enhance shopping experience for mobile users.
Together with 5.2.11 two new modules are available: Not finished orders and Update inventory, while the functionality of Extended Simple CMS and Flyout Categories Menu becomes free for all X-Cart users.
To learn more, check our blog https://blog.x-cart.com/5-2-11-released.html

We'll be glad if you share your feedback with us on this new release.

totaltec 01-20-2016 05:31 AM

Re: 5.2.11 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules...

Thanks Anna. Looks great. Downloading now.

xim 01-20-2016 07:26 AM

These ideas were implemented. Thank you for our partners who have helped to complete it:

1989985-the-ability-to-create-a-custom-output-form-such-as
4860339-picking-list
1989973-purchase-order-number-shown-as-standard-on-the-inv
4860370-block-ip-addresses
6229762-low-stock-level-warning
4860324-improve-sales-statistics-screen
4860450-integrate-with-dhl
4860305-dvd-rentals
4860309-add-booking-service-for-small-enterprise-like-hair
7839402-expanded-staff-notes-order-feature-x-cart-5
7163394-autogenerate-clean-url
4860316-translate-to-polish
7568124-enter-an-order-wo-a-cc-only-for-admin-users

cflsystems 01-20-2016 07:57 AM

You have a typo

Quote:

Extended Simple CMS: The module is now deprecated, so as soon as a store is updated to 2.5.11 Extended Simple CMS will be disabled in the modules list and its functionality will be available within the free

So this is now the developer wave? As I have been seeing warning for modules compatibility for the last 3 days and nothing shows for download for me.

cflsystems 01-20-2016 02:16 PM

It's the end of the day and nothing shows for me in my test installation to upgrade to 5.2.11. It is set to developer.

Ruslan 01-21-2016 02:02 AM

Quote:

It's the end of the day and nothing shows for me in my test installation to upgrade to 5.2.11. It is set to developer.

Please check that your license key in the developer wave and clear marketplace cache http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Upgrading+X-Cart+5#UpgradingX-Cart5-Processofstoreupgrade

it@igennus.com 01-21-2016 06:39 AM

For info:

1. I upgraded to 5.2.11 from 5.2.10.
2. Home page displays error message:
... An error occurred in your store....Call to a member function setAttrValues() on null...
2. Pages without product-related info showed ok.
3. I disabled all addons except provided by X-Cart Team (hard reset). All pages show ok.
4. I disabled all addons except ones that are provided by X-Cart Team & Qualiteam (soft reset). Same problem as 2.
5. Experimented with individual modules. Problem re-appears with Loyalty Program 5.2.7.

For me, non-functional upgrade.

I will raise ticket.

xplorer 01-21-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it@igennus.com
2. Home page displays error message:
... An error occurred in your store....Call to a member function setAttrValues() on null...
5. Experimented with individual modules. Problem re-appears with Loyalty Program 5.2.7.

Please can you check your log files in the var/log/ directory and let me know what is the full error message (it should be there with extra details)?
It will be even better if you could e-mail me these extra details to modsupport@x-cart.com. I'm the developer of Loyalty Program module and this information can really help me to find the cause of the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Montie 01-21-2016 04:13 PM

How do we get to the not finished orders setup screen in XCart 5 business?

Montie

xim 01-21-2016 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montie
How do we get to the not finished orders setup screen in XCart 5 business?

Montie

you need to install this module on 5.2.11 version - http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/not-finished-orders.html

and then go to "modules" page, find the installed module and click "Settings" of this module

Montie 01-22-2016 02:54 AM

Thanks Xim. One problems is that it doesn't show up in the modules marketplace.

xim 01-22-2016 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montie
Thanks Xim. One problems is that it doesn't show up in the modules marketplace.

These modules are available only for 5.2.11 which is in the developer wave at the moment. As soon as we release merchant wave these modules will be available for all customers.

it@igennus.com 01-22-2016 03:57 AM

Hi Slava

I've added to ticket. Error message in php_errors log is:
[21-Jan-2016 12:51:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setAttrValues() on null in /var/www/shop/var/run/classes/XLite/View/Product/Details/Customer/Widget.php on line 86
[21-Jan-2016 12:51:04] Error (code: 1): Call to a member function setAttrValues() on null
Server API: apache2handler;
Request method: HEAD;
URI: /;
Backtrace:
#0 Includes\ErrorHandler::logInfo() called at [/var/www/shop/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:348]
#1 Includes\ErrorHandler::handleError() called at [/var/www/shop/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:333]
#2 Includes\ErrorHandler::shutdown()

toddpatterson 01-23-2016 01:48 PM

This is going to sound REALLY stupid so I apologize in advance everyone. I just upgraded from 4.5 to 5.2.10 business yesterday. Got everything installed and looking good. I am a bit confused here though because in the past we could log in, go to our license area and download any upgrade patches.

Now I just see that 5.2.11 is actually released. I am not quite sure just where in the world we are supposed to download the upgrades from. Logging into our license area now does not even show the 5.2.10 installation however it does still show 2 other licenses that we have active with 4.5.

Any suggestions here because I know that I am missing something really simple here and feel like a stupid idiot. :oops:

qualiteam 01-25-2016 04:54 AM

Hello Todd,

Upgrades are automatic in X-Cart 5. When there is an available upgrade your backend will display a notice at the top of the page. You can click on a link in the notice and go to a page where you can install the upgrade.

Although upgrades are automatic now, the process may go wrong due to server settings or installed custom modules. So, before installing any upgrades/updates you must create a full backup of your site (files + database). Just in case something goes wrong.

Also, there are two upgrade "waves": the first is a test one for developers and early adopters, and the second one ("merchant wave") is for live stores. At the moment the 5.2.11 version is available for sites in the first wave only. Please leave your site in the second wave (there is a switch) if you are not ready to deal with possible upgrade issues.

toddpatterson 01-25-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualiteam
Hello Todd,

Upgrades are automatic in X-Cart 5. When there is an available upgrade your backend will display a notice at the top of the page. You can click on a link in the notice and go to a page where you can install the upgrade.

Although upgrades are automatic now, the process may go wrong due to server settings or installed custom modules. So, before installing any upgrades/updates you must create a full backup of your site (files + database). Just in case something goes wrong.

Also, there are two upgrade "waves": the first is a test one for developers and early adopters, and the second one ("merchant wave") is for live stores. At the moment the 5.2.11 version is available for sites in the first wave only. Please leave your site in the second wave (there is a switch) if you are not ready to deal with possible upgrade issues.

Thank you very much. So far I am liking the 5.2.x but I do really miss being able to edit the template files easily. Whereas before we could edit them right from the back end of xcart 4.x it looks like it is MUCH more difficult to find and edit these now.

it@igennus.com 01-27-2016 12:51 AM

Hi Slava

Thanks for update today to Loyalty Program. This did indeed fix my page display error on upgrade to 5.2.11

Andrew

cflsystems 01-28-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruslan
Please check that your license key in the developer wave and clear marketplace cache http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Upgrading+X-Cart+5#UpgradingX-Cart5-Processofstoreupgrade

The installation is set to "developer mode". I don't know how I can check if the license key is in "developer wave". Isn't this something XC should check itself or set itself based on the "developer" setting?

This article doesn't have anything about "clear market place cache" but even after doing so still the same - the 5.2.11 upgrade is not showing.

So I am stuck to either wait for the merchant wave or install new copy of the 5.2.11. Cannot test any of the my modules to get them ready for 5.2.11. This same thing happened with 5.2.10 when its developer wave was released.

Does it matter that this is local installation not directly accessible from internet? It should not as I get other upgrades just fine.

cflsystems 01-28-2016 05:03 PM

Ok here is the problem and this has to be a bug in the system. Checking directly in database the license key was set to "wave = 127" (merchant). Changing the setting from admin -> system settings -> environment had no effect at all - the database entry stays the same no matter what.

So I had to change the value manually directly in database and clear the marketplace cash to force the upgrade to show.

XC - check this bug. It is real. This installation started with 5.2.5 (or 6) and was always upgraded after that with the new releases.

cflsystems 01-28-2016 05:58 PM

Well I have to say after upgrading to 5.2.11 I can't use the system anymore. The new modules fraud check locks me out.
I'll be sending you an email with details Max

xim 01-29-2016 02:06 AM

Steve, I answered you in PM.

Also I registered this issue: https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=45618

In the next version we will add "check update" button.

cflsystems 01-29-2016 08:14 AM

Thanks Max

Anna_Shvetsova 02-03-2016 07:13 AM

Developer wave has revealed some bugs, so we've released another version 5.2.12 which includes the bugfixes. The version is available in merchant wave. So, you can update your stores now.

cflsystems 02-03-2016 07:30 AM

Now you are skipping a step with this now. It defeats the purpose of having dev/merchant waves.
So 5.2.11 was released for devs, I checked modules, adjustments if necessary, marked them good for 5.2.11.
Now I have to do this all over again for 5.2.12 but the problem is you are skipping the dev wave. It goes directly to merchant and modules are not checked and not ready for 5.2.12...

What if the bugs discovered in 5.2.11 where affecting some of the devs and we were waiting on them being fixed so to check modules again and confirm they are ready?

Not good...

CenturyPerf 02-03-2016 08:27 AM

Actually, the 5.2.12 breaks on upgrade too. It churns away https://db.tt/hLqJdfHQ forever on step 13, then spit out an error:

Quote:

ERROR: "Includes\ErrorHandler::FATAL_ERROR" (code 2)
Class 'XLite\LoggerAbstract' not found

It still churns away, even after spitting out the above error.

I tried using the restore link (current state) and it shows that the store is at 5.2.12, and that there are updates to install (32 of them, same as before). Clicking on Install Updates says that I'm up-to-date and there are no updates.

I re-deployed the store to clear the cache and now it does not show "32 updates" only "Updates", but going to the updates says there are no updates available (see image).

What is the best way to get back to where the store was, prior to attempting this broken upgrade?

xim 02-03-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Now I have to do this all over again for 5.2.12 but the problem is you are skipping the dev wave. It goes directly to merchant and modules are not checked and not ready for 5.2.12...

there are very minor fixes which should not affect any extensions, but require new core version. all addons compatible with 5.2.11 are compatible with 5.2.12 too.

xim 02-03-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenturyPerf
Actually, the 5.2.12 breaks on upgrade too. It churns away https://db.tt/hLqJdfHQ forever on step 13, then spit out an error:

It still churns away, even after spitting out the above error.

I tried using the restore link (current state) and it shows that the store is at 5.2.12, and that there are updates to install (32 of them, same as before). Clicking on Install Updates says that I'm up-to-date and there are no updates.

I re-deployed the store to clear the cache and now it does not show "32 updates" only "Updates", but going to the updates says there are no updates available (see image).

What is the best way to get back to where the store was, prior to attempting this broken upgrade?

Step 13 is needed to apply changes to the existing data in the database. It seems that you have a lot of orders and customer profiles, that's why step was so long. 5.2.12 version requires changes in these structures.

So, at the moment you have 5.2.12, but you need to make sure that all post rebuild changes have been applied correctly.

Have a look for these articles:
http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Upgrading+X-Cart+5#UpgradingX-Cart5-Manualupgrade
http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Upgrade+hooks

Also you can contact our support team to perform this checking.

xim 02-03-2016 11:42 AM

CenturyPerf

our engineers checked your website. All post rebuild hokies were applied correctly. There are no errors in the log. You have fully upgraded 5.2.12 version.

We didn't find the reason why the class was not found, but it seems that everything is OK. Please, check.

andrewb 02-03-2016 02:09 PM

Deployment hangs at step 13 of 13 . How to fix?

kevinrm 02-03-2016 07:27 PM

I am on 5.2.10 "Merchant" wave. So far I have not seen any options to update to either 5.2.11 or 5.2.12 show up at all.

It took 4 months of effort, but finally everything is working perfectly over the last 2 weeks, I'm extremely nervous to change anything at this stage.

If I upgrade, is it likely there will be issues with the "Light" template? The new rotating banner - that will work with the light template?

kevinrm 02-03-2016 10:04 PM

Ah, now it's showing...

CenturyPerf 02-04-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xim
CenturyPerf

our engineers checked your website. All post rebuild hokies were applied correctly. There are no errors in the log. You have fully upgraded 5.2.12 version.

We didn't find the reason why the class was not found, but it seems that everything is OK. Please, check.

Hello Max:

Because the upgrade created the errors I described previously (even though you did not see them in the logfile) I went ahead and restored the site and database from a backup and started over. I'm not sure if your engineers did something to the site, but I did notice before I started the restore that the admin console was missing the Updates Available / No Updates issues that I described previously.

Running the update this time took over 45 minutes--and it was successful!

You asked previously if there were a large number of orders/customers. The current count is 572 orders and 390 users/customers (imported from my XCart 4.x store).

For reference, the store was showing orders on the admin home page. Now it states "No orders have been placed yet". However, when I click on "Orders List" all the orders are displayed. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact these are OLD orders and that 5.2.12 removed them from the home page due to their date. Does that sound accurate?

Ruslan 02-04-2016 02:48 AM

Re: 5.2.12 released: Order management and Import/Export, New modules...

Hi Sam,

>I'm not sure if this is due to the fact these are OLD orders and that 5.2.12 removed them from the home page due to their date. Does that sound accurate?

You are right. Only recent orders are displayed on the dashboard since version 5.2.11.

>Running the update this time took over 45 minutes--and it was successful!
>You asked previously if there were a large number of orders/customers. The current count is 572 orders and 390 users/customers

Can you please send us backup of your store before upgrade (via helpdesk or DM) ? We will investigate why hooks worked so long on your store.

CenturyPerf 02-04-2016 03:01 AM

Thanks Ruslan:

Where would you like me to send the database file?

I think the problem might be related to the way the data was imported into XC5.x from XC 4.4.5. I used the Cart2Cart migration, and much of the data did not populate into the new fields properly. Image links did not import correctly, some images disappeared and others duplicated. Inaccurate SEO product links also prevent most of the products from showing up on the customer side of the storefront.

Since this site is still under development, much of the data has not been corrected. It often takes manually editing each product one at a time to correct the problems, and there are over 6,000 products in the database.

Ruslan 02-04-2016 04:00 AM

>Where would you like me to send the database file?

Please upload database archive to google drive or dropbox and send link via Private Messages https://forum.x-cart.com/private.php. Or you can suggest another way.

RichieRich 02-04-2016 06:33 AM

Re: 5.2.11/ 5.2.12. Changelog please.

Hajime Yamanaka 02-04-2016 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ver. 5.2.11 changed menu position in footer?
My site do not understand menus for customers.

GlasPak 02-04-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime Yamanaka
Ver. 5.2.11 changed menu position in footer?
My site do not understand menus for customers.

Same thing at my site https://glaspak.com

The entire footer got messed up and it changed my Link colors from blue to pink.

xim 02-04-2016 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlasPak
The entire footer got messed up and it changed my Link colors from blue to pink.

We will release the new version of Simple CMS module to fix this issue with footer links

qualiteam 02-05-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlasPak
Same thing at my site https://glaspak.com

You can change the link color as follows:
1. Sign into the back end and go to Look & Feel -> Custom CSS tab.
2. Tick the "Use custom css" checkbox, add the following code in the text area and save the changes.
Code:

body a, body a:hover {
  color: #8aa1b3;
}

How did you change the colors the last time? Did you use the custom CSS page? Or did you edit some files on the server?