X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

jmccunep 04-25-2018 10:22 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

It appears there is possibly a coding error in latest reBOOT, a minor one. When customers submit contact-us forms the subject lines they use are overwritten, replaced by the same generic subject line every time.

Maybe the code in this template is off? reboot/customer/help/contactus.tpl

Perhaps something wrong related to this variable? $smarty.get.subject

Could this be a problem only with our installation of reBOOT (and reCAPTCHA) which you installed for us, Phil.

X-cart 4.7.9 with matching reBOOT template.

PhilJ 04-25-2018 11:01 AM

In skin/reboot/customer/help/contactus.tpl

You can replace...
Code:

<input type="text" class="maxlength" maxlength="100" id="subject" name="subject" size="32" maxlength="128" value="{if $smarty.get.subject}{$smarty.get.subject}{else}{$userinfo.subject|escape}{/if}" />
With...
Code:

<input type="text" class="maxlength" maxlength="100" id="subject" name="subject" size="32" maxlength="128" value="{$userinfo.subject|escape}" />

ITVV 05-05-2018 07:28 AM

Hi Phil,

Sorry to trouble you as I know that you are busy with reDux :oops:

I am having lots of issues with reboot dynamic search.

I have this logged as an error: -

Code:

[05-May-2018 08:45:19 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/fgfrrtfx/public_html/website.com/reboot_dynamic_search.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code:6
Stack trace:
#0 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1): eval()
#1 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search.php(1) : eval()'d code(1): eval()
#2 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search.php(1): eval()
#3 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search_queries.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(3): include_once('/home/accfcfbf/...')
#4 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search_queries.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1): eval()
#5 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search_queries.php(1) : eval()'d code(1): eval()
#6 /home/accfcfbf/public_html/itvv.com/reboot_dynamic_search_queries.php(1): eval()
#7 {main}
  thrown in /home/fgfrrtfx/public_html/website.com/reboot_dynamic_search.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 6

I beleive that it is caused because we are using PHP 7? The error referes to 'mysql_connect()' which should be 'mysqli_connect()' for PHP 7 if I'm not mistaken?

I cannot change this because the file is encoded.

Could you be so kind as to post an updated reboot_dynamic_search.php file please?

Would any other files need patching for search to work as it used to?

Many thanks and kind regards as always

ITVV

PS Looking forward to seeing all your hard work on reDux :D/

PhilJ 05-05-2018 07:54 AM

Hiya, post a ticket and I'll attach you the PHP7 compatible files. Or you can get updates from here. We no longer encode any files since a few years back.

ITVV 05-05-2018 08:08 AM

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ WOW Thanks Phil :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

All sorted :D

BRILLIANT SUPPORT AS ALWAYS

Saturday afternoon and got a response within 25 mins of posting a request.

Many many thanks Phil

Kind regards from a very happy customer

ITVV

jmccunep 05-15-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
In skin/reboot/customer/help/contactus.tpl

You can replace...
Code:

<input type="text" class="maxlength" maxlength="100" id="subject" name="subject" size="32" maxlength="128" value="{if $smarty.get.subject}{$smarty.get.subject}{else}{$userinfo.subject|escape}{/if}" />

With...
Code:

<input type="text" class="maxlength" maxlength="100" id="subject" name="subject" size="32" maxlength="128" value="{$userinfo.subject|escape}" />

For the above contact-us template code, it would help our customer support staff if a unique identifier could be auto-appended (auto-pre-pended actually) to the customer-entered subject line. The identifier could be for example a date-time snippet or numeric counter number.

Can anyone suggest code (Smarty? PHP?) that would accomplish this so that the result of the subject value would be changed, conceptually, as follows?

value="[pre-pended counter or date-time or other unique identifier][space]{$userinfo.subject|escape}"

PhilJ 05-15-2018 11:35 AM

You could use {$smarty.now} in the subject line as a unique numeric identifier (unix timestamp).

Edit skin/common_files/mail/help_contactus_subj.tpl

Eg.
Code:

{config_load file="$skin_config"}{$config.Company.company_name}: {$lng.eml_contact_us_subj} | {$smarty.now} | {$smarty.now|date_format:$config.Appearance.date_format} | {$smarty.now|date_format:$config.Appearance.time_format} | {$contact.firstname} {$contact.lastname} | {$contact.email} | {$contact.subject}
And/or add the necessary code to skin/reboot/mail/html/help_contactus.tpl

jmccunep 05-16-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

You could use {$smarty.now} in the subject line as a unique numeric identifier (unix timestamp).

Edit skin/common_files/mail/help_contactus_subj.tpl

Eg.
Code:

{config_load file="$skin_config"}{$config.Company.company_name}: {$lng.eml_contact_us_subj} | {$smarty.now} | {$smarty.now|date_format:$config.Appearance.date_format} | {$smarty.now|date_format:$config.Appearance.time_format} | {$contact.firstname} {$contact.lastname} | {$contact.email} | {$contact.subject}
And/or add the necessary code to skin/reboot/mail/html/help_contactus.tpl

Thanks for being willing to look at this!

Would this code be accurate/correct then and would it append the date & time to the end of the subject line?

{config_load file="$skin_config"}{$config.Company.company_name} : {$lng.eml_contact_us_subj}{$smarty.now|date_format :'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'}

To put the date & time BEFORE the subject would this be accurate?

{config_load file="$skin_config"}{$config.Company.company_name} : {$smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'}{$lng.eml_contact_us_subj}

Oh, should insert a space as well between subject and date. Sorry, Smarty newbie, don't now basics how to insert literals...

PhilJ 05-17-2018 01:24 AM

Put what you like in there :)

PhilJ 05-17-2018 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hiya, GDPR files attached for reBOOT v4.7.9. Get the GDPR module files for your version here.

Any problems, please let me know.

Always a good idea to get yourself a decent file comparison tool - KDiff - WinMerge - Beyond Compare - etc.

Thanks for your patience re. reDUX, temporary demo here.

jmccunep 05-23-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Hiya, GDPR files attached for reBOOT v4.7.9. Get the GDPR module files for your version here.

Any problems, please let me know.

Always a good idea to get yourself a decent file comparison tool - KDiff - WinMerge - Beyond Compare - etc.

Thanks for your patience re. reDUX, temporary demo here.

Our store sells ONLY to be shipped to customers within the US.

A customer from outside US however could order from us, for items to be shipped within the US.

So, must we still conform to GDPR in this situation?

mcupka 05-23-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmccunep
Our store sells ONLY to be shipped to customers within the US.

A customer from outside US however could order from us, for items to be shipped within the US.

So, must we still conform to GDPR in this situation?

Not unless they are buying from the EU. In that case I'd set up location tracking and make an {if} statement based on that to include GDPR compliance for only those customers.

Hope that helps a little bit.

mcupka 05-23-2018 10:17 AM

"A major change made by the GDPR is the territorial scope of the new law. The GDPR replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive which generally did not regulate businesses based outside the EU. However, now even if a US-based business has no employees or offices within the boundaries of the EU, the GDPR may still apply.

Under Article 3 of the GDPR, your company is subject to the new law if it processes personal data of an individual residing in the EU when the data is accessed. This is the case where the processing relates to the offering of good or services or the monitoring of behavior that takes place in the EU.

Thus, the GDPR can apply even if no financial transaction occurs. For example, if your organization is a US company with an Internet presence, selling or marketing products over the Web, or even merely offering a marketing survey globally, you may be subject to the GDPR. That said, general global marketing does not usually apply. If you use Google Adwords and a French resident stumbles upon your webpage, the GDPR likely would not apply to the company solely on that basis. If, however, your website pursues EU residents – accepts the currency of an EU country, has a domain suffix for an EU country, offers shipping services to an EU country, provides translation in the language of an EU country, or markets in the language of an EU country, the GDPR will apply to your company. Likewise, if your company is engaged in monitoring the behavior of EU residents (e.g. tracking and collecting information about EU users to predict their online behavior), the GDPR likely will apply to your company.

US-based companies with no physical presence in the EU, but in industries such as e-commerce, logistics, software services, travel and hospitality with business in the EU should already be in the process of ensuring GDPR compliance. However, all US-based companies, especially those with a strong Internet presence, should assess whether their business activity falls within the territorial scope of the GDPR."

elmirage001 05-23-2018 01:52 PM

We tried to find a way to opt out but there is none. Phil has made it easy for reBOOT to work with the X-Cart GPDR mod.

Everyone should read Chapter 8 of the GDPR regulations.
https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-8/

jmccunep 06-18-2018 07:39 AM

TESTIMONIALS. Testmonials work fine on my site, with latest x-cart 4.x and latest reBOOT template matching the x-cart version.

How to change WHICH testimonials are displayed on the front end?

How to change HOW MANY testimonials are displayed on the front end in the rotator, if that can be done at all?

Possible changes to this template mentioned on your site's FAQ don't appear to offer any help:

Testimonials Rotator - skin/reboot/custom/footer/footer_content_TR.tpl

PhilJ 06-18-2018 07:56 AM

They're random, with a limit of 5 by default. See reboot_get_testimonials.php

If you'd prefer the most recent displayed, with a limit of 10, replace...
Code:

$qry = "SELECT * FROM reboot_testimonials WHERE approved='Y' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 5";
With...
Code:

$qry = "SELECT * FROM reboot_testimonials WHERE approved='Y' ORDER BY added DESC LIMIT 10";
If you only want 10 star reviews displayed, use...
Code:

$qry = "SELECT * FROM reboot_testimonials WHERE approved='Y' AND rating='10' ORDER BY added DESC LIMIT 10";

floracal 07-04-2018 12:58 PM

Hi PhilJ,

Upgraded to reBoot 4.7.9 and would like to Auto expand all submenus like in your older version.

Thanks

PhilJ 07-05-2018 03:53 AM

Quote:

Upgraded to reBoot 4.7.9 and would like to Auto expand all submenus like in your older version.
In skin/reboot/custom/menus/sidebar_category_menu.tpl

Replace...
Quote:

<div id="cat_{$c.categoryid}" class="panel-collapse collapse">
With...
Quote:

<div id="cat_{$c.categoryid}" class="panel-collapse collapse in">

ITVV 07-25-2018 08:23 AM

Hi Phil,

Is there any easy hack to: -

a/ have the “submit” button on Login form deactivated by default
b/ Activate the “submit” button when an ‘@’ is inserted into the login email field (ajax?)

The reason I ask is that we are getting tons of failed login attempts because someone is just entering random names like: -

Lyndonexilk
LindaDax
SeoRob

If the form did a ‘simple’ check to make sure the ‘@’ is there and then activated the submit button this may be better and stop the idiots?

Many thanks as always

Kind regards

ITVV

PhilJ 07-27-2018 10:08 AM

Hi ITVV, in the login form, you could change the email input field from type="text" to type="email". Then it'll validate better.

ITVV 07-28-2018 02:04 AM

@PhilJ

Many thanks Phil - brilliant as always :D/ :D/ :D/

However, when clicking submit it gives the following error message: -
Quote:

Please include an '@' in the email address. 'test' is missing an '@'.
I would like to change the text of the error message however I cannot find it anywhere! I have searched the DB, languages and even the php and tpl files - what am I missing :?

Thanks again for your kind help Phil - I appreciate it very much.

Kind regards

ITVV

PhilJ 07-28-2018 02:27 AM

skin/reboot/customer/main/login_form.tpl

Replace...
Quote:

type="text"
With...
Quote:

type="{if $config.email_as_login eq 'Y'}email{else}text{/if}"

ITVV 07-28-2018 02:32 AM

Hi again Phil,

The coding you provided works great :D/ :D/ :D/

I just want to change the error message that the customer sees: -
Quote:

Please include an '@' in the email address. 'test' is missing an '@'.
I just cannot find the error text in the languages / DB?

Thanks for the help

Regards

ITVV

PhilJ 07-28-2018 02:55 AM

Sorry my bad, you can use the additional code in red below to customise the messages...
Quote:

<input type="{if $config.email_as_login eq 'Y'}email{else}text{/if}" id="username" name="username"{if $config.email_as_login eq 'Y'} class="input-email"{/if} size="30" value="{#default_login#|default:$username|escape}" autofocus {literal}oninvalid="if (this.value == ''){this.setCustomValidity('This field is required!')} if (this.value != ''){this.setCustomValidity('The email you entered is invalid!')}" oninput="setCustomValidity('')"{/literal} />

ITVV 07-28-2018 03:22 AM

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Thank you so much Phil - worked a treat.

Fab customer service as always

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Have a great weekend

Kind regards as always

ITVV

PhilJ 08-21-2018 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uploads manager update, in lieu of v4.7.10 and reDUX, unzip and upload attached to /uploads

nauticalstyle 08-29-2018 09:18 PM

I am finally making the move to a responsive template. How much better is reBoot compared to the Ideal Responsive template that's included in 4.7.x. Where is a good place to start in this thread?

PhilJ 08-30-2018 07:41 AM

Hi Tony, there's info and a demo. It's got plenty of additional features. I'm currently working on a new improved version also. If you'd like help migrating, or more info, feel free to get in touch.

elmirage001 08-30-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nauticalstyle
I am finally making the move to a responsive template. How much better is reBoot compared to the Ideal Responsive template that's included in 4.7.x. Where is a good place to start in this thread?

Hi Tony, PM me if you like and I'll send you the URL to my site. Phil and his templates are the BEST!

Paul

PhilJ 09-11-2018 09:27 PM

https://www.x-cart.com/blog/reviews-about-migration-to-xcart-5.html

https://www.x-cart.com/blog/fears-about-migration-to-xcart-5.html

nauticalstyle 10-01-2018 04:36 PM

I am working on my local Windows 10 PC to re-develop my site with the reBOOT template. I'm running XAMPP with Apache and MySQL. I wanted to see what the reBOOT site would look like on my Android phone, so I used Google's development tools in Chrome to discover the phone as remote device (connected via USB) and was able to display the site's home page in Chrome on the phone. One thing I had to do to make it work was to change config.php. I had to replace references to localhost with the actual 192.168.0.xxx IPv4 LAN address of the PC. However the home page is as far as I got. Trying to navigate to other pages produced an invalid license problem, i.e. X-Cart and/or reBOOT isn't licensed to run at the 192.168.0.xxx LAN address. Is there a way to get around this?

PhilJ 10-02-2018 01:01 AM

Hi Tony, the reBOOT template is entirely open source, so it is not restricted to any IP address, but PM me the 'invalid license' message you are getting, as there's a chance an old Ability template file is being loaded, in which case I may be able to send you the unencoded source file.

nauticalstyle 10-09-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakmode
Ignore that I worked it out

I added
.panel-title {
color: #ffffff;
}
.panel-default>.panel-heading {
background-color: #a200bf;
}

to the theme css

Hi Freakmode,

Are you talking about the css files in \skin\reboot\css\themes, i.e. 01.css, 02.css,..., 21.css? Does that affect the .panel-title class in FAQs (e.g. <h4 class="panel-title panel-toggle-R">This is section 1 question 1?</h4> ?

PhilJ 10-09-2018 11:28 PM

Yes he is Tony, it'll affect all accordion panels including the FAQs.

nauticalstyle 10-11-2018 02:14 AM

Thanks, Phil. I'm out of my depth with css code, so I'll just leave the default settings for now and concentrate on the content.

PhilJ 10-11-2018 02:15 AM

Drop me a line anytime if you need help :)

costanza 11-12-2018 01:53 PM

How do find the Reboot version I am using?

(Sorry I tried to search for this info but couldnt find it)

elmirage001 11-12-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costanza
How do find the Reboot version I am using?

(Sorry I tried to search for this info but couldnt find it)

Go to Settings-->General settings-->Appearance

Version should show in the Select skin to use.

My x-cart v4.6.6 shows reBOOT v3.4.1(Responsive)

costanza 11-12-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmirage001
Go to Settings-->General settings-->Appearance

Version should show in the Select skin to use.

My x-cart v4.6.6 shows reBOOT v3.4.1(Responsive)

Thanks elmirage001,

But it doesn't say the version on my drop down menu. I'm using X-cart 4.6.1 and on the selection is just says Reboot (Responsive).

It is possible I am using version 1. I can't remember if I ever updated Reboot on this site.

elmirage001 11-12-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costanza
Thanks elmirage001,

But it doesn't say the version on my drop down menu. I'm using X-cart 4.6.1 and on the selection is just says Reboot (Responsive).

It is possible I am using version 1. I can't remember if I ever updated Reboot on this site.

See if there is a REBOOT_VERSION file where reBOOT is installed. Mine says "X-Cart Reboot Template v3.4 (X-Cart v4.6.6)".

Hope that works! If not it's time for Phil...