X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

PhilJ 01-14-2016 05:02 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

A whole bunch of cool, responsive, CSS-only, image caption effects available here

chamberinternet 01-14-2016 05:03 AM

Nice one Phil - One for the Bookmarks!

naemsmommy 01-27-2016 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We are having an issue with this template on all apple devices. Product pages initially load fine, but as soon as the user starts to scroll down the page, the main image disappears and just leaves a big blank space. We have tried switching to several other x-cart themes and this does not happen, so it is definitely template related, and only happening on apple devices (mac, ipad, iphone). I sent a support ticket (ticket #Z7D-D3J-WQJL) several days ago but haven't received a response. If anyone could help I would appreciate it!

naemsmommy 01-27-2016 03:59 PM

How do we turn off lazy loading of product images on the category pages? I've disabled all effects, etc. I saw an answer posted earlier in this thread, but the code is different in the version we're using (4.7.4.1).

Thank you.

elmirage001 01-27-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naemsmommy
How do we turn off lazy loading of product images on the category pages? I've disabled all effects, etc. I saw an answer posted earlier in this thread, but the code is different in the version we're using (4.7.4.1).

Thank you.

Hi Danielle,

Here is Phil's FAQ page which has instructions. https://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/#tab2

Paul

naemsmommy 01-28-2016 12:22 PM

That's perfect, thanks so much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmirage001
Hi Danielle,

Here is Phil's FAQ page which has instructions. https://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/#tab2

Paul

lilypad 02-02-2016 12:28 PM

I'm having some trouble getting the Related Products to display in reBOOT. I basically just get a blank area with the grid icons for sorting. When I revert back to XC template on my test server, the Related Products do display, so I've isolated it to something with the template. Any suggestions on how fix this?

xcesiv 02-02-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
A whole bunch of cool, responsive, CSS-only, image caption effects available here

Hi Phil

Is it possible to add the social media feature to the Image Gallery

That would be really awesome if possible

PhilJ 02-03-2016 01:02 AM

Quote:

I'm having some trouble getting the Related Products to display in reBOOT
Check the logs in var/log
Check you have no custom modules interfering (some alteredcart mods have been problematic recently)
Ensure the smarty caching is operating correctly (tools > summary)

(Post anything found to a ticket rather than here)
Quote:

Is it possible to add the social media feature to the Image Gallery
Good idea, maybe in the next release, I've made a note of it.

xcesiv 02-08-2016 08:38 PM

There is a lot of features in this template and is 1 of the reasons i chose it but I'm unsure if this feature exists on the list

I'm trying to add additional Tabs on the product

Below the store order sections/tabs is the product description, im hoping to add additional boxes for Specifications, FAQ, Gallery,

Is this a feature already in Reboot?

https://www.pureimage.com.au/Twin_Leg_Retractable_Banner.html

cflsystems 02-08-2016 08:49 PM

You can do with this - https://www.cflsystems.com/custom-product-tabs-for-x-cart-classic.html

xcesiv 02-08-2016 08:57 PM

Thank you

PhilJ 02-08-2016 11:47 PM

Quote:

Is this a feature already in Reboot?
It's already in reBOOT, just install the 'Product Additional Data' addon...

Data can be displayed in tabs, accordions or dialog boxes. Here's a sample product with data added.

If you want to add even more tabs, it's simple to customise.

PhilJ 02-15-2016 05:02 PM

New addon - reBOOT Easy Custom Contact Forms v4.7.x
  • No PHP skills required, add your form fields and it does the rest!
  • Unlimited responsive forms, which can be as simple or as complex as you like
  • Auto-generated, nicely formatted emails, which leaves you time to concentrate on your form designs
  • Forms no longer need to be displayed in a boring, linear fashion
  • Form fields are added with simple Smarty code, layout your form fields however you wish
  • Supports text, number, textarea, radio, checkbox, password, date and file fields (1 file attachment per form)
  • File attachments are securely renamed / uploaded to your server, with optional secured file manager
  • 5 default email HTML styles to choose from, easily customize the styles / formatting to your liking
  • Customisable email template, header and footer HTML
  • Optional form fields validation / character limiters, uses local storage until successful submission
  • Optional Google reCAPTCHA v2 to prevent spam
  • Ioncube loader required
  • Sample 1 (fields demo) | Sample 2 (alt. fields demo)
  • Sample 3 (customer satisfaction survey) | Sample 4 (job application form)
  • Installation Doc
Purchase ($79 or $50 with purchase of reBOOT)

We can setup one form for you (no matter how complex) free of charge.

If you have a non reBOOT based store, but use Bootstrap 3, it can be adapted for use.

yages 02-16-2016 01:33 AM

Phil

Please respond to order Order id: #4076
Thanks

PhilJ 02-16-2016 03:09 AM

Yages, pls contact via live chat, PM or email.

finestshops 02-19-2016 05:03 AM

Hi Phil,

> Layout can be one, two or three columns

Our clients wants to show products in 4 columns on desktop and 3 columns on mobile. any easy way to do this?

PhilJ 02-19-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Our clients wants to show products in 4 columns on desktop and 3 columns on mobile. any easy way to do this?
You can adjust the bootstrap grid view columns. Edit skin/reboot/js/custom/reboot_products.js

Replace...
Code:

function setGrid() {
        $('.products-container .item').removeClass('col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 col-lg-4 col-lg-12 grid-view rows-view list-view').addClass('col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 col-lg-4 grid-view');

With...
Code:

function setGrid() {
        $('.products-container .item').removeClass('col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 col-lg-3 col-lg-12 grid-view rows-view list-view').addClass('col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 col-lg-3 grid-view');

Then run a template cleanup.

finestshops 02-19-2016 10:56 AM

that worked. looks great.
thanks a lot.

PhilJ 02-19-2016 02:45 PM

reBOOT is now v4.7.5 ready, get in touch for updated files.

A new v4.7.x template is currently in the works, which while won't have as many features as reBOOT, will hopefully be something new, different, progressive, simpler installation, more mobile friendly and with SEO taken to another level... ETA spring/summer.

elmirage001 02-21-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

reBOOT is now v4.7.5 ready, although testing is ongoing... get in touch for updated files.

A new v4.7.x template is currently in the works, which while won't have as many features as reBOOT, will hopefully be something new, different, progressive, simpler installation, more mobile friendly and with SEO taken to another level... ETA spring/summer.

Hi Phil !

You've definitely peaked my curiosity!! I'll be moving from 4.6.6 to 4.7.x this summer / fall so I'll be watching for details with great interest!

Thank you so much!

Paul

totaltec 02-26-2016 05:47 AM

Quote:

something new, different, progressive, simpler installation, more mobile friendly and with SEO taken to another level... ETA spring/summer.

Can't wait to see it!Good luck man.

junliw1975 02-26-2016 07:39 AM

Hi Phil, I was checking the DEMO side, on the homepage, how can I put more tab pages there? You have "new arrival" "on sale" "featured product" on the homepage and I want to do the same. Also, is "new arrival" a separated module? I can't find the setting for it on reboot template. Thanks!

PhilJ 02-27-2016 02:25 AM

Hi Jun, the "New Arrivals" and "On Sale" modules are included in x-cart gold plus and platinum, or available in the "Hot Products" module for x-cart gold...

junliw1975 03-06-2016 07:03 AM

Can I have more 5 sliders? If so, where I go to change the settings. thanks

PhilJ 03-06-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Can I have more 5 sliders? If so, where I go to change the settings. thanks
Yes you can, but it requires some DB patching and extra code. I'll add details to your ticket. You can also create your own custom sliders or display other image based promo elements quite easily with one of the widgets.

PhilJ 03-11-2016 01:10 AM

In case you haven't yet seen our reBOOT Easy Custom Contact Forms, I put a customer satisfaction form and job application form together in about 30 mins each...

No tricky PHP to edit... creating complex, custom forms doesn't get much easier :)

We can also build one custom form for you (no matter how complex) at no extra cost.

If you have a non-reBOOT based store which uses Bootstrap 3, it can also be adapted for use.

elmirage001 03-17-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

reBOOT is now v4.7.5 ready, get in touch for updated files.

Hi Phil, You're always on the cutting edge so I'm really excited about the new template. Do you know which current reBOOT features won't be in the new template?

Thank you so much!

Paul

PhilJ 03-18-2016 01:06 AM

Hi Paul, I'm still deliberating on that, but WP blog, testimonials, dynamic menus / search / product sorting will definitely be included.

I'm designing from scratch, it will be Bootstrap 4 based and designed with a 'mobile first' approach. It'll be based on Platinum v4.7.5 so should support most of the default modules.

Above all else it needs to be fast and SEO friendly, so I'll be including only what's necessary and what I feel improves user experience. 'Less is more', if you like.

Other possibles are infinite scrolling (as long as it's SEO friendly) and quick product views, though can't promise anything. Still early stages at the moment, will hopefully have an alpha demo ready next month.

reBOOT's kind of a Swiss army knife, whereas the new template will be more of a trusty pen knife :) If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to drop me a line.

Freakmode 03-22-2016 02:12 AM

Hi Phil

Just checking through our logs and we seem to be getting this all the while.

Quote:

[22-Mar-2016 01:52:25] Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "custom/footer/footer_bottom_style_05.tpl" in /home/wwwjoba/public_html/include/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

Looking through the distribution we have I can't see the file custom/footer/footer_bottom_style_05.tpl

Any ideas? Cheers

PhilJ 03-22-2016 02:40 AM

Hi Freakmode, please post a ticket and I'll take a look. The file could be missing. A template include code may just be using " instead of proper " or ' characters. If you're on v4.7.x you can audit the templates in tools > maintenance.

Danielle Avilla 03-26-2016 11:16 PM

Hello,

I am currently running x cart gold 4.5.5 with reboot template. I am interested in upgrading to latest 4.7.5. Is it free upgrade? Where can i find a list of changes between the two versions?

Thanks

PhilJ 03-27-2016 11:56 PM

Hi Danielle, yes, updates are usually free, please check https://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/#tab3

Get in touch, we can upgrade you if need be.

PhilJ 04-02-2016 04:00 AM

Flash sale, 50% off, use coupon FLASH - Purchase - Expires midnight GMT Saturday 9th April.

cheap eyeglasses 04-03-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Flash weekend sale, 50% off, use coupon FLASH - Purchase - Expires 4/4 GMT

which step i can use this coupon code?

PhilJ 04-05-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

which step i can use this coupon code?
You can enter the coupon code at the cart page. I've extended the offer until midnight GMT Saturday, but there's only limited coupons available :)

Flash sale, 50% off, use coupon FLASH - Purchase - Expires midnight GMT Saturday 9th April.

PhilJ 04-12-2016 06:24 AM

12th April 2016 - reBOOT v4.7.5.1 released

Notable new feature - product 'quick views' (for screens 768px and above), which makes browsing / shopping a whole lot easier - Demo

PhilJ 04-12-2016 04:52 PM

I'm thinking about putting reBOOT on a public Github repository, for several reasons...
  1. You get the latest version whenever you want
  2. You'll see any changes made to the source
  3. You can fork it, comment and push any files etc.
  4. It may introduce newcomers to X-Cart 4.7.x
  5. It'll improve it in the long run
Edit: Decided against it in the end, but maybe in the future...

BBM_ 04-12-2016 05:30 PM

Interesting idea Phil,

Although I am surprised why X-cart has not reached out to 3rd party dev's to offer a skin such as yours available as a module within the core (as a time limited demo obviously)

dpcompany 04-13-2016 04:55 AM

Phil,

Didn't reBOOT used to be on Github? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you had a github setup for those with a developer's license?

As a side note, thank you for your contributions to the community with your templates (and everything else). I have been a huge fan of yours ever since Adapt! I wouldn't build a store without your templates.