X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=77655)

elmirage001 05-22-2021 03:30 PM

Re: X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone!

For CWV, I moved to a faster server and then did lots of tweaking. I'm attaching my Google Search Console Page Experience showing I'm good to go. Thank you Phil for the Aspect Ratio Wrappers and Responsive Lazyloading using SRCSET examples in your X-Cart reBOOT Testing Ground. These saved the day working with my custom mod CLS issues.

Paul

Attachment 5642

peggyr 05-22-2021 06:34 PM

Thanks Paul,

I'm studying / following your techniques tomorrow.

I have confirmed my ionos server is performing at 100% according to their reports on my site for high speed loading/page requests from those accessing my site.

My desktop numbers from pagespeed insights for performance are consistently 95% range and the best practices / SEO from web.dev are consistently at 100, and accessability is consistently at 89.

So, it's only the 'mobile' numbers that are low and inconsistent between 39 and 61, which as you have pointed out is likely due to Google using a slow mobile phone simulation.

Thanks again Paul -- will reply back once I have any results.

Peggy

PhilJ 05-26-2021 03:33 AM

26th May - Breaking changes with Google maps * , info in the changelog. New tools section added also.

* no longer an issue.

Dougrun 05-26-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
26th May - Breaking changes with Google maps, info in the changelog. New tools section added also.

The api key I use in the general settings still works on the admin order pages, is there a way to use that key?

PhilJ 05-27-2021 12:33 AM

It's been fixed. It uses the Google Maps API key in general settings. There's two new template setting fields for lat/long coordinates, which are more accurate anyway.

EDIT: The previous maps are working again... Must have been an issue Google-side, so ignore the last fix.

peggyr 05-27-2021 03:20 PM

Paul and Phil,

Thanks for your input on ways to improve PageSpeed Insights results.

My site has NO Page Experience, saying "Not enough data collected for this property" which is on both my mobile and desktop. I do NOT use Chrome, and maybe that is a pre-req to get the Page Experience Data. I use Firefox and Opera.

However, saying that, my pagespeed insights MOBILE number are now around 75 consistently, and desktop around 98, so I'm done for now.

I don't know if any of this will make a difference in anything, time will tell.

Again - thanks to Phil and Paul

PhilJ 06-04-2021 10:46 PM

4th June 2021 - Pleased to announce new security settings. The testimonials manager has been simplified also. Details in the changelog.

ITVV 06-06-2021 12:46 AM

Hi,

I have a category with two sub-categories and I would like to "centre" the two sub-categories on the page.

I can see that the file I need is
Code:

/skin/reboot/customer/main/subcategories_t.tpl
Q/ What <div> code do I need to add to achieve this please?

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

ITVV

PhilJ 06-06-2021 12:57 AM

@ITVV, edit /skin/reboot/customer/main/subcategories_t.tpl

Near the top, replace...
Code:

<div class="row align-items-start">
With...
Code:

<div class="row align-items-start justify-content-md-center">