X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

PhilJ 07-26-2016 03:33 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Anyone using reBOOT v4.7.x wishing to upgrade to Bootstrap v3.3.7 can do so with these files.

Mike SSI 08-01-2016 07:51 AM

Is there a problem installing reBOOT template on a highly customized X-Cart store?

PhilJ 08-01-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Is there a problem installing reBOOT template on a highly customized X-Cart store?
Hi Mike, not especially, depends how custom your store is, what third party modules you have etc. It's certainly easy to install, but it helps if you have basic PHP and Smarty knowledge, or a fairly capable developer on board who can ensure any third party code works correctly with the template. Get in touch if you'd like me to take a look at your store and give you a better idea.

PhilJ 08-01-2016 10:16 AM

1st August 2016 - New v4.7.x Addon - Password Protected Static Pages
  • Simple password protection for static pages
  • Ideal if you want to show exclusive content to certain customers or clients etc.
  • Adds 'noindex' meta tag for all protected pages
  • Easy to install, free!
Demo (password = letmein) | Screenshot | Download

Bluemonk 08-10-2016 06:55 PM

Hi Phil,

I was just looking at the Ultra demo. I know it might be late in the process for requests/or suggestion. However, it would be great to have the option to set the search box as a drop down (as you currently have it) or as a box that is always visible in the header as typically seen in desktop versions.

Since desktop versions usually have the visible box, I'd like to try both options on the live site to make sure I'm using the one that is best for my customers.

Thanks

PhilJ 08-10-2016 07:12 PM

Thanks, I was thinking about that also. I'll try and add it in as an option. Keep any ideas you have coming, I still have quite a lot to do, but on course for an August release :)

Bluemonk 08-11-2016 02:09 AM

Thanks Phil.

I think I mentioned this before but I'm not sure if you were able to include it. However it would be really great to have recently bought and recently viewed display on the home page(in the center column below the slider) for many months for ALL returning users, including non-registered and non-logged in.

Also, perhaps upsell products for recently viewed and/or recently bought could be shown.

This would make it very easy for returning customers to re-order the same product or purchase something that they were looking at in a previous visit. Basically it would be a customized home page based on returning visitor's behavior. I think this could be really powerful - much better than showing everyone the same featured products and best sellers.

Thanks

PhilJ 08-11-2016 03:02 AM

Quote:

it would be really great to have recently bought and recently viewed display on the home page(in the center column below the slider) for many months for ALL returning users, including non-registered and non-logged in.
I see what you're saying, but it's nigh on impossible without customers logging in... unless you do something funky with long lasting cookies, but I wouldn't know where to start on that. It might get a few people's back up regarding privacy also.

Otherwise, Ultra fully supports the recently viewed and the quick reorder modules.

susilosaja 08-11-2016 03:28 AM

Hey phil, great looking template. If I have lot of subcategories under a category, when viewing on desktop, is it possible to show it with multiple columns and rows? Similar to iherb.com, when you mouseover the "Supplements" menu.

PhilJ 08-11-2016 04:22 AM

Quote:

If I have lot of subcategories under a category, when viewing on desktop, is it possible to show it with multiple columns and rows?
Yes, it would be fairly easy to do, there's plenty of header menu options including mega menus available. I can always code the menu for you to suit your category tree.