X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Too much white space around product images. (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69871)

GreatLakesVacuum 10-01-2014 05:03 AM

Re: Too much white space around product images.

I don't understand how things like this are still not in version 5 after 16 updates?

I mean the problem is we can't launch with the ridiculously tiny images that X-Cart suggests we use, we aren't running our website on watch screens.

I am scared of all the custom modules (and them being lumped together) because they will get broken all the time by updates.

I would vastly prefer that X-Cart add these features that are so simple, so vital, and were ALREADY IN 4.X.

But yeah, short of that I may just need to have it coded as a custom module. At least I know a great guy for that job.

minfinger 10-22-2014 06:56 PM

Hey Mike, I've tried your example and I can not get the sizes of the pictures to change.

PHP Code:

<?php

namespace XLite\Module\XC\CustomSkin\View\ItemsList\Product\Customer;

abstract class 
ACustomer extends \XLite\Module\CDev\Sale\View\ItemsList implements \XLite\Base\IDecorator
{
    protected function 
getIconSizes()
    {
        return array(
            static::
WIDGET_TYPE_SIDEBAR '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_STHUMB => array(200200),
WIDGET_TYPE_SIDEBAR '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_BTHUMB => array(200200),
WIDGET_TYPE_CENTER '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_GRID => array(200200),
WIDGET_TYPE_CENTER '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_LIST => array(200200),

'other' => array(110110),
        );
    }
}

totaltec 10-23-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minfinger
Hey Mike, I've tried your example and I can not get the sizes of the pictures to change.

Can you provide a link to the page?

minfinger 10-23-2014 05:29 PM

I've got it open for now if you want to take a look.

minfinger 10-23-2014 05:39 PM

Sorry I forgot the link http://lpo.myyamahas.com/

minfinger 10-23-2014 06:27 PM

Mike,

I'd rather have this as a module, because I have intentions of making a settings page for it. Also I don't want to get a bunch of mods together in the custom skin. I don't think that will work for me.

Anyway, here's the packed up version of the mod. All it does is screw up the whole site at this point.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdjnzjt6e5no5hh/FasterThanYours-LargerThumbnails-v5_1_6.tar?dl=0

minfinger 10-25-2014 08:15 PM

I figured it out. Instead of "public static function getIconSizes()" I had "protected function getIconSizes()"

It works now.

totaltec 10-26-2014 02:49 AM

Starting with 5.1.6, this code suggestion no longer works. It is because you are not supposed to decorate a decorator. This code works for me instead:
Code:

<?php
namespace XLite\Module\XC\CustomSkin\View\Items_List\Product\Customer;

/**
 * ACustomer
 */
abstract class ACustomer extends \XLite\View\ItemsList\Product\Customer\ACustomer implements \XLite\Base\IDecorator
{

/**
    * Get icon sizes
    * @return array
    */
    public static function getIconSizes()
    {
        return array(
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_SIDEBAR . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_STHUMB => array(200, 200),
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_SIDEBAR . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_BTHUMB => array(200, 200),
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_CENTER . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_GRID => array(200, 200),
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_CENTER . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_LIST => array(200, 200),
            'other' => array(110, 110),
        );
    }
}

minfinger 10-26-2014 03:31 AM

Well now that I've actually figured out how this decorator crap works I may get to changing more stuff. Seems pretty easy.

In order to make the pictures fit on a 2 column Lisa in I had to go to 380,0. 0 snugged to whites right to the top/bottom border, which I think has about a 5px space anyway.

Any idea on the CSS coding for the price and other other things in the table? All the text looks funny now.

dagdag 12-28-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totaltec
Okay here is what I did.

I used the custom skin module, (for the second time today!) and I created a new file:
XLite\Module\XC\CustomSkin\View\Items_List\Product \Customer\ACustomer.php

with the following content:

Code:

namespace XLite\Module\XC\CustomSkin\View\Items_List\Product\Customer;

/**
 * ACustomer
 */
abstract class ACustomer extends \XLite\Module\CDev\Sale\View\ItemsList implements \XLite\Base\IDecorator
{

/**
    * Get icon sizes
    * @return array
    */
    public static function getIconSizes()
    {
        return array(
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_SIDEBAR . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_STHUMB => array(200, 200),
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_SIDEBAR . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_BTHUMB => array(200, 200),
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_CENTER . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_GRID => array(200, 200),
            static::WIDGET_TYPE_CENTER . '.' . static::DISPLAY_MODE_LIST => array(200, 200),
            'other' => array(110, 110),
        );
    }
}

This set the icon sizes to 200. Amazingly, XC was smart enough to automatically generate icon thumbs at the correct size of 200 x 200, referenc them correctly, and place them in the var/images folder. Thanks Devs!

it's work!, however

module Add2CartPopup also uses the icons of the new large size and its design breaks :(

temporally in classes\XLite\Module\XC\Add2CartPopup\View\Product s.php i use this code:
Code:

protected function defineWidgetParams()
    {
        $this->widgetParams[self::PARAM_ICON_MAX_WIDTH]->setValue(180);
        $this->widgetParams[self::PARAM_ICON_MAX_HEIGHT]->setValue(180);
    }

but how do I do it right?