X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Getting rid of a (publicity) link in the footer of my shop (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=62191)

gbarquin 01-02-2012 04:50 AM

Getting rid of a (publicity) link in the footer of my shop

Hi Everyone:

The people that installed my Xcart 4,3 put a little link to their webpage (for publicity purposes) in the footer of my xcart page just beside the copyright.

Any ideas on what directory it may be placed in so I can get rid of it through FTP?

Like always, thank you all.

cflsystems 01-02-2012 08:19 AM

Re: Getting rid of a (publicity) link in the footer of my shop

Use the webmaster mode to find the exact template that was putted in. Most likely in skin1/customer/bottom.tpl but could be home.tpl, or other template - just depends

gbarquin 01-02-2012 12:49 PM

Hi Steve:

I can't find it with the webmaster or in home.tpl or customer/home. I also looked at customer bottom and I havent had any luck yet. Any other ideas please?

cflsystems 01-02-2012 01:11 PM

it could be in some language variable. try to search for that text in language variables in admin

gbarquin 01-02-2012 02:38 PM

Hi again:

unfortunatelly I have tried that too. Its a link and not plain text so Im assuming I'll have to change it using Dreamweaver and doing it through FTP but I just can't find where it is:(

The text is in the footer so it appears in all the store's pages (annoying)

Thank you any way and please let me know if you get any more ideas

BritSteve 01-02-2012 03:07 PM

I would FTP your site down to your local PC, and then search for the text in the skin directory.

Steve

cflsystems 01-02-2012 07:41 PM

Look in home.tpl which template is called for the footer, then look in that template, if it calls another template look in there... just follow the path. Language variables can hold links or plain text, it doesn't matter so it may still be a langauge variable. Hard to tell you where to find it without seeing the source code of your store

totaltec 01-03-2012 03:08 AM

It is most likely in skin/common_files/customer/bottom.tpl looking at the site structure. The finest shops sure left there mark there didn't they?
-Mike

gbarquin 02-08-2012 04:02 AM

Annoying, still cant find it so last resort: email the company and ask to remove it themselves...:D