X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Multi currency modul (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=38421)

designtheweb 10-22-2008 08:53 PM

Re: Multi currency modul

I tried amending the 1st line as advised by AquaClic (version 4.1.10) but I get this new error message

Copying skin files ...

Copying to file skin1/modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl - [OK]
Copying to file skin1/modules/Multi_Currency/currencies.tpl - [OK]
[OK]

Activating the module ...

Please wait ...
[OK]

Please wait ...
[FAILED] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '")' at line 1

if I go back to the one that was included in the zip file I get this:

Copying skin files ...

Copying to file skin1/modules/Multi_Currency/menu_currency.tpl - [OK]
Copying to file skin1/modules/Multi_Currency/currencies.tpl - [OK]
[OK]

Activating the module ...

Please wait ...
[OK]

Please wait ...
[FAILED] Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

can someone please collaborate with me to get this fixed. I am willing to put into some time. A good place to start may be to see what exactly was changed by Qualiteam in version 4.1.10 as opposed to version 4.1.9 and go from there.

virtual@croatia - this is a good mod, can you please help us finish this off? We then need to release a working version for 4.1.10. Thanks.

designtheweb 10-22-2008 09:42 PM

Also another observation:

include/func/func.mail.php generates a fatal error which shows up when you try to access the general settings screen in admin, however it does not affect the customer end.

AquaClic 10-23-2008 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached my x-currency.txt to this post. Just rename it to x-currency.sql and try if it works. Backup your original file and your database!!!

It's not the greatest help but it's a start and it seems like we'll have to fix this toghether :D

EDIT: oh and this might sound like a stupid question but you are trying to install this on a 4.1.10 installation, right?

tqualizerman 10-23-2008 10:19 AM

Hey AquaClic, if I install this onto a 4.1.10 is it going to make this module operational or are there still errors during install?

designtheweb 10-23-2008 02:10 PM

thanks AquaClic, yes this is for version 4.1.10, please ignore signature as we are commercial designers so not only work on our own sites but also our client's.

AquaClic 10-24-2008 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tqualizerman
Hey AquaClic, if I install this onto a 4.1.10 is it going to make this module operational or are there still errors during install?

I installed it on mine this way and it works

PM'ed you the link to our WIP-site

I get the error i posted before only when i try to uninstall/reinstall the module. That's why i recommend that you backup what you edit or even better install it into an experiment shop if you have one.

This is not an official fix of Virual Croatia so don't blame him if anything happens :)
And please don't blame me either since i warned you guys :D

designtheweb 10-24-2008 08:59 PM

I am still not getting the multi currency to show up correctly, instead of getting the options to activate currencies, all I am getting is "select default currency and the save button.

When I copy the func.mail.php into the directory I get the following error when trying to do anything in admin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function func_email_validation_regexp() in /home/pacificd/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 470

This is line 470: $smarty->assign("email_validation_regexp", func_email_validation_regexp());

Any ideas?

designtheweb 10-24-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaClic
I installed it on mine this way and it works

PM'ed you the link to our WIP-site

I get the error i posted before only when i try to uninstall/reinstall the module. That's why i recommend that you backup what you edit or even better install it into an experiment shop if you have one.

This is not an official fix of Virual Croatia so don't blame him if anything happens :)
And please don't blame me either since i warned you guys :D

Yes I get that error too when trying to reinstall (haven't tried to uninstall), that's ok as long as I can figure out the rest.

We also need to post a new fix for 4.1.10 when we have worked it out

virtual@croatia 10-28-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designtheweb
Yes I get that error too when trying to reinstall (haven't tried to uninstall), that's ok as long as I can figure out the rest.

We also need to post a new fix for 4.1.10 when we have worked it out

I'll help you to fix that, I have some time now. Just send me an email on admin@smee.hr.

virtual@croatia 10-29-2008 03:20 AM

I've updated the file with some changes for 4.1.10. All users who have problems with installing please download the new version and try it again. The instructions are also changed, so read the instructions very carefully again.

tqualizerman 10-30-2008 12:14 PM

This mod is fantastic and virtual@croatia has been a real saviour here in bringing it to us.

My only problem is that I've set the default currency to 'USD' but the store insists on displaying CAD. Can you look into this?

virtual@croatia 10-30-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tqualizerman
This mod is fantastic and virtual@croatia has been a real saviour here in bringing it to us.

My only problem is that I've set the default currency to 'USD' but the store insists on displaying CAD. Can you look into this?

I will, just send me the data on the email.

virtual@croatia 11-08-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waynarky
Hi Virtual

I've implemented the module and its working great. Thank you very much!
The instructions were clear and simple :)

I do want to ask about one small issue though. When I change currency it goes back to the home page, instead of refreshing the product page. I see that on your www.smee.hr site, that's not the case. Can you help?

Hi,

I fix it finally :-). Just download the last version. If you have it installed already you don't have to install it again, just upload the last version over the existing one.

Waynarky 11-25-2008 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtual@croatia
Hi,

I fix it finally :-). Just download the last version. If you have it installed already you don't have to install it again, just upload the last version over the existing one.

Cool, thanks very much Virtual!! I'll do that.

bemore 12-21-2008 12:50 PM

Is it possible to pass the preferred currency to the cart as a session variable?

e.g., www.xyz.com/shop/index.php?currency=usd

Our client doesn't want the IP range functionality, loves the rest of the mod, but wants to be able to set which currency people are seeing based on the link.

virtual@croatia 12-22-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemore
Is it possible to pass the preferred currency to the cart as a session variable?

e.g., www.xyz.com/shop/index.php?currency=usd

Our client doesn't want the IP range functionality, loves the rest of the mod, but wants to be able to set which currency people are seeing based on the link.

Yes, it is. Instead to install IP range module, open the file get_currency.php and add catch the query string somewhere at line 58 into the variable $store_currency.

junaid 01-03-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtual@croatia
6. Insert this code in skin1/admin/home.tpl, anywhere between lines 60 and 250, on any empty line:

above file is not in skin1/admin directory, i presume it is skin1/single/home.tpl .

i love this Mod and i need it badly but unfortunately couldnt get it to work.
Mod is giving sql errors mentioned earlier.
at admin side it is only letting us to change default currency and admin/currencies.php couldnt be called as it is giving permission error.

can anyone please help me.

virtual@croatia 01-03-2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junaid
above file is not in skin1/admin directory, i presume it is skin1/single/home.tpl .

i love this Mod and i need it badly but unfortunately couldnt get it to work.
Mod is giving sql errors mentioned earlier.
at admin side it is only letting us to change default currency and admin/currencies.php couldnt be called as it is giving permission error.

can anyone please help me.

Juanid,

Send me an email to admin@smee.com and I'll check what is going on.

Learner 01-13-2009 03:57 AM

Hi,

After modification & changes of all codes originally posted by
virtual@croatia, I just change in general settings making Primary currency symbol:INR & Alternative currency symbol (empty to disable): Blank. Also I have not used IP_Range module and keep intact in include/data_cache.php.

And also making in Multi Currency Select default currency:INR

In the Currencies management settings INR is selected and also the other settings of currencies.

But when I open in store front always Indian rupee is selected by default and no conversion of currencies occur.

Any settings problem from admin panel? I am now using x-cart pro 4.1.9.

Please guide me to do this setup successfully.

Thanks to all

virtual@croatia 01-13-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learner
Hi,

After modification & changes of all codes originally posted by
virtual@croatia, I just change in general settings making Primary currency symbol:INR & Alternative currency symbol (empty to disable): Blank. Also I have not used IP_Range module and keep intact in include/data_cache.php.

And also making in Multi Currency Select default currency:INR

In the Currencies management settings INR is selected and also the other settings of currencies.

But when I open in store front always Indian rupee is selected by default and no conversion of currencies occur.

Any settings problem from admin panel? I am now using x-cart pro 4.1.9.

Please guide me to do this setup successfully.

Thanks to all

If you didn't install IP_Range module all customers will get the default currency when they approach your pages, in your case INR. To change the currency, the customer have to choose from the list of currencies you previously activated in the admin area. Can you send me the web pages address to see how it looks like now?

Learner 01-13-2009 10:09 PM

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your quick response. I test Multi currency module in http://www.build2last.com/home.php you can see multi currency there.

I am now install IP_Range module by modifying only line 67 in include/data_cache.php
from
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y'");
to
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y' ORDER BY module_name");

My question is-
1) Is it necessary to install IP_Range module by modifying the codes above only?
2) Are there any change of settings or some mods to be installed?
3) If so, where I find the IP_Range module setup?

Any help/inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to all again.

virtual@croatia 01-14-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your quick response. I test Multi currency module in http://www.build2last.com/home.php you can see multi currency there.

I am now install IP_Range module by modifying only line 67 in include/data_cache.php
from
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y'");
to
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y' ORDER BY module_name");

My question is-
1) Is it necessary to install IP_Range module by modifying the codes above only?
2) Are there any change of settings or some mods to be installed?
3) If so, where I find the IP_Range module setup?

Any help/inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to all again.

Hi,
I've checked your web site and there is definitely something wrong with Multi_Currency module. Did you follow all the steps from the first post?

1) IP_Range won't be installed just changing the line above. You have to install it from another thread. The reason why you have to change the line is that IP_Range module has to be loaded before Multi_Currency and if you install it after, than you have to change this line to provide loading modules in the name order not in the order how they were installed.
2) Didn't get the question.
3) As I wrote above, the IP_Range module can be found here.

Learner 01-14-2009 10:24 PM

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your prompt response.After all changes made step by step from 1 to 7, I have not yet install IP_Range module,just change the code of line 67 in include/data_cache.php
from
to

Now my querry is,

1) Can I able to install
IP_Range module after doing currency module set up from step 1 to 7 and modifying the above code only?
2) Is it necessary to uninstall all previous?
3) what is the process currency module first then ip range or ip range first then currency module?
4) What is the easiest way to do that install(Currency module)?

Please guide me to do that installation.

Your inputs will be immense help.

Thanks to all again.

Regards,
www.build2last.com

virtual@croatia 01-14-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

1) Can I able to install IP_Range module after doing currency module set up from step 1 to 7 and modifying the above code only?

Yes, you can install the IP_Range module after you installed the Multi_Currency one.
Quote:

2) Is it necessary to uninstall all previous?

No, it's not. You don't have to install anything. This are two separate modules.
Quote:

3) what is the process currency module first then ip range or ip range first then currency module?

After you installed Multi_Currency module, even if you uninstall it, it's still in the database, so now you have to make changes in code as you already did. If you want to do that on the clean web site, you have to install IP_Range first.
Quote:

4) What is the easiest way to do that install(Currency module)?

Follow the steps from the first post in this thread.

Learner 01-15-2009 01:14 AM

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your quick response. But sorry to disturb you again.
After installing ip module(Multi currency first then ip module),when i see on our site http://www.build2last.com/home.php, again default currency Indian Rupee shows and no change occurs from one currency to other currency. you can check it also.

For information my Primary currency symbol is INR & Alternative currency symbol is blank.

I have done all the steps from 1 to 7 thoroughly for currency module set up, and also install ip range module.

what else to be done? please help me!!! ](*,)

Thanks to all again.

virtual@croatia 01-15-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Hi,
After installing ip module(Multi currency first then ip module),when i see on our site http://www.build2last.com/home.php, again default currency Indian Rupee shows and no change occurs from one currency to other currency. you can check it also.

For information my Primary currency symbol is INR & Alternative currency symbol is blank.

I have done all the steps from 1 to 7 thoroughly for currency module set up, and also install ip range module.

what else to be done? please help me!!! ](*,)

Thanks to all again.

Can you try on a blank x-cart? Install the x-cart again on a test server and than install the multi currency module. Maybe is something with the version of x-cart you use, or maybe some other custom module you previously installed?

Learner 01-23-2009 06:27 AM

Hi,

I have some questions:

1)Is it possible to uninstall all of the set up for multi-currency & ip range module which I installed? If possible how?

2)You suggest me to Install the x-cart again on a test server and than install the multi- currency module, but I have only one server where I install http://www.build2last.com (multi-currency module & Ip range module), then how can I test it again on another server?

3) Is it possible to install only Multi currency module without ip range module?or both are necessary?

4) Is paypal associated with currency ?Then paypal should be installed after currency isn't it?

5)Is SSL required to install currency module & ip range module ?

what else to be done? please help me!!!

Thanks to all again.

virtual@croatia 01-24-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

1)Is it possible to uninstall all of the set up for multi-currency & ip range module which I installed? If possible how?

Yes, it is. Just run installer again and you'll get the options "install again or uninstall".

Quote:

2)You suggest me to Install the x-cart again on a test server and than install the multi- currency module, but I have only one server where I install http://www.build2last.com (multi-currency module & Ip range module), then how can I test it again on another server?

It seams that you've made some changes on the x-cart before you installed the modules. That should be the reason why they don't work. I'm suggesting you to try again from the beginning cause it's really hard to find what is wrong now. There is 10.000 files which could be modified and it would take me at least couple of hours to find the error.

Quote:

3) Is it possible to install only Multi currency module without ip range module?or both are necessary?

Yes, it is, but in that case the customers will have to change the currencies by they own. With ip range module, the program will set the default currency for the customer depending the country visitors is coming from.

Quote:

4) Is paypal associated with currency ?Then paypal should be installed after currency isn't it?

You have to choose a currency in the PayPal section and all orders will be charge in this particular currency. You don't have to install paypal, it's already in.

Quote:

5)Is SSL required to install currency module & ip range module ?

No, it's not.

Learner 01-28-2009 10:13 PM

Hi,

Thanks virtual@croatia for your response. You say "You have to choose a currency in the PayPal section and all orders will be charge in this particular currency. You don't have to install paypal, it's already in".
But my question is if the paypal alraedy in x-cart, the folder of paypal that have in currency module, have any modification in codes?

Thank you again.

virtual@croatia 02-05-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

if the paypal alraedy in x-cart, the folder of paypal that have in currency module, have any modification in codes?

Yes, it does. The files in the first post are modified files which have to be extracted over the original ones.

Learner 02-09-2009 03:55 AM

Hi,

Thanks virtual@croatia for your response.

Can I able to install this Paypal without multi currency module & ip range module? Paypal was already in x-cart,but here some modification of codes in paypal that you attached!!!!!!!!

Now can I able to upload all content of paypal without currency module that only works with primary currency?

Thank you again.

virtual@croatia 02-09-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Can I able to install this Paypal without multi currency module & ip range module? I see that paypal is already in x-cart.But here some modification of codes in paypal that you attached.

Now can I able to upload all content of paypal without currency module that only works with primary currency?

Learner, I must admit, your English is terrible. Is that a Google translation? ;-)

If I correctly understand you, you would like to activate PayPal for your customers? PayPal is already included in x-cart, you just have to activate it and you don't need any of the modules nor in this thread neither in any other threads. Just search in x-cart help how to activate PayPal and that's it.

TanyaG 04-08-2009 02:34 AM

Did anybody make it work on v4.2? Many thanks

Stizerg 05-27-2009 03:07 AM

This mod works fine for me. virtual@croatia thank you very much.
I've done couple of little modifications for cookies and cdseo compatibility.
Got SQL error when I try to change currency in 'countries', but it's alright as I can do it in phpmyadmin. Maybe will fix it later.

Thanks.

kmahmoud 06-04-2009 04:22 AM

Is this workable with Xcart pro 4.20?

virtual@croatia 06-04-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmahmoud
Is this workable with Xcart pro 4.20?

I don't know, but you can try it. If it doesn't work, just uninstall it. It's very easy to do that, just repeat the installation again and you will get the choice to reinstall or to uninstall it. Please send us the post how it went.

Learner 06-04-2009 08:49 PM

Hi,
virtual@croatia thanks for your response.Can I able to activate Paypal which triggers only on alternative currency?My Primary currency is set to one Credit card payment method.I want to link alt currency for customers opting to pay using Paypal (in USD -"$")...

Would appreciate suggestions on this...

Thanks to all in advance !!

virtual@croatia 06-04-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Hi,
virtual@croatia thanks for your response.Can I able to activate Paypal which triggers only on alternative currency?My Primary currency is set to one Credit card payment method.I want to link alt currency for customers opting to pay using Paypal (in USD -"$")...

Would appreciate suggestions on this...

Thanks to all in advance !!

Yes, read the first post, it is under number 9. PayPal will be charged in the currency which the customer chooses.

Learner 06-04-2009 11:43 PM

Without Currency module I want to link alt currency for customers opting to pay using Paypal (in USD -"$").Is it possible?

virtual@croatia 06-05-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Without Currency module I want to link alt currency for customers opting to pay using Paypal (in USD -"$").Is it possible?

Yes, it is, but someone has to write it. You need a software writer for it or you can hire a qualiteam team to do that.