X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 1 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=17404)

RichieRich 10-20-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotc2001
Take a look at variations for the t-shirt products, is that image per variant I see???? can't see anywhere that it is defined though??? also anyone know what def is?

Looks interesting

Is this not default?

balinor 10-20-2005 01:12 PM

No, options/variants do not have specific images in the 4.0 branch of X-Cart.

RichieRich 10-20-2005 01:16 PM

I mean, is def not reffering to default?

RichieRich 10-20-2005 02:20 PM

The multi-language updates are good, the extra fields sort by is good, and the variant updates with images etc are good.

Now if we can tie all three together to make multi-language "extra fields" and "variants" - this would seem logical to be added.

RichieRich 10-20-2005 02:28 PM

There seems to be a language-change bug in the international description area. When you select a language to change the title etc for, it is changing the language for the entire admin area, and unless you understand fluent german, you become Gesteckt (stuck)...

groovico 10-20-2005 04:07 PM

Some very nice improvements in there, hows the upgrade from 4.0.X to 4.1 going to work will it be a database patch or a full patch upgrade? Seems alot of files have changed.

kevin02 10-20-2005 04:19 PM

X-FancyCategories module revised to ensure stable performance of the store with large numbers of categories (over 500);

Any chance of getting the demo site updated with the module? Was planning on not using Fancy Cat's because of speed.

svowl 10-20-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin02
Any chance of getting the demo site updated with the module? Was planning on not using Fancy Cat's because of speed.

If you have X-FancyCategories add-on license, you can download the new version of the add-on from your File area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovico
Some very nice improvements in there, hows the upgrade from 4.0.X to 4.1 going to work will it be a database patch or a full patch upgrade?

Most likely, it will be a database upgrade only, because of a high complexity of the full upgrade patching process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich
There seems to be a language-change bug in the international description area. When you select a language to change the title etc for, it is changing the language for the entire admin area, and unless you understand fluent german, you become Gesteckt (stuck)...

It was made so because, when you type in the international description, you need to setup the right charset for the current page in advance. It is not so critical if you have English and German, but very important if you also have Russian or Chinese.

Light Speed 10-20-2005 11:07 PM

Thanks for the beta!!!!!

I will play with it for a few days and post any issues.

This:
Quote:

Mon Dec 20 14:17:31 MSK 2004[*] - max - Wholesale prices for Product variants are added.

MADE ME REALLY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

svowl 10-21-2005 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETInteractive.com
Seems to be an issue with Checkout.

Step 3: Shipping & Payment

I click "continue to move to step 4 and ..

IE, page jut hangs, wont load.

in FF i get this error msg
"Redirection Limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page, This may be caused by cookies that are blocked"

Either way, I cannot checkout.

Hmm, could you provide some more details on this?
Is real time shipping rates calculation enabled? Did you setup HTTPS for the checkout?
Thank you.