X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pop-up Anywhere module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66512)

Niro 09-10-2013 03:54 PM

Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released

Thanks Karina,
There was a problem with the copyright code on the install.php page.

But now the pop up won't show anywhere. I set it to be on all pages of the website. I am using static/pretty URL's for my store pages - is this a problem?

~Nick

karina 09-11-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niro
Thanks Karina,
There was a problem with the copyright code on the install.php page.

But now the pop up won't show anywhere. I set it to be on all pages of the website. I am using static/pretty URL's for my store pages - is this a problem?

~Nick

Hi Nick,

I've checked your store. Your pop-up settings are correct. As I've found the issue is in the js script that is used in your popup content. For some reason this script gives syntax error (can be viewed in browser console), that is why pop-up is not showing up.

I've disabled your popup and checked the module with another 'Popup with custom content' popup, and it was shown correctly in the customer zone. Currently this popup is disabled in your store. After enabling it will be shown on the 'home.php?is_test' page only.

The module supports both clean URLs and *.php urls. It means you can use as 'product.php?productid=XXX' as 'ProductName.html' in the pop-up settings.

Let's return back to your popup. Please try to delete this code from your popup template:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/**/**********.js"></script>&nbsp;</p>
After this popup should be shown.

So it requires to investigate why using this js-script is causing syntax error. I'd recommend to try to use this script on the static page firstly (not in the pop-up content) and check if it works.

Kind regards,

masada3336 10-30-2013 07:50 AM

Are the newsletter signups able to go into a separate news list? So that I know who has signed up using the popup?
Thanks

PhilJ 11-08-2013 08:12 PM

Be aware when installing this module, it will clear any changes you might have made to...

skin/common_files/customer/service_head.tpl
skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl
skin/common_files/admin/menu_box.tpl
skin/common_files/single/menu_box.tpl

maybe other templates also...

cflsystems 11-09-2013 09:55 AM

It will only if you tell it to. The installation will warn if it cannot patch the files and ask if you want to continue and if continue it will replace files with stock files.... But it will not do this on its own. On the warning page you can stop and not do the installation and modify files manually instead

PhilJ 11-09-2013 10:00 AM

Fair enough, as long as people are aware...

amsruned 12-03-2013 07:56 AM

I had purchased this module.. I have to say I can't install it with the installer. The instructions aren't much help. Module install instructions from 3rd party vendors are so much better wrote with the step by step customization of which files need to be edited.

cflsystems 12-03-2013 08:26 AM

You should look in the module's directory xxx.patch - each file needs patching is in there with what needs to be done to it

amsruned 12-06-2013 07:56 AM

got it thanks

dejital 12-09-2013 04:16 PM

I'm having issues with the install of this plugin. I literally just spent the $90 to get it and then I installed it and nothing worked (even after following the instructions word for word) the module does nothing on the front end of my site. At first the link that is supposed to be under the content dropdown wasn't there, there wasn't even a way to manage the new module. After some help from support I managed to manually put it in, one of the patches from the script didn't apply itself.

Now, even though I can manage the plugin on the admin end, my cart does not popup anything at all, no matter how I play with it. When I reached out to support they literally told me I have to pay to get it fixed by them.
I'm on version 4.4.5
I'm not a happy customer.