X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Clean URLs in 5.2.5 (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=72271)

Vanaja 07-10-2015 01:37 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Hi There,

I have upgraded version X-Cart 5.1.1 to 5.2.5 and found that "cleanURL" field is lost in "xcart_products, xcart_categories" tables. How can I retain it?

Can anyone tell me, what was the problem?

Thanks!

Vanaja 07-10-2015 02:13 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Also, when I am trying to enable the clean URLs in the admin. I am getting the below error:

"We made a test request to URL and got the following result.
It means that your SEO-friendly URLs may not work properly after enabling."

qualiteam 07-10-2015 03:27 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanaja
I have upgraded version X-Cart 5.1.1 to 5.2.5 and found that "cleanURL" field is lost in "xcart_products, xcart_categories" tables. How can I retain it? Can anyone tell me, what was the problem?


In X-Cart 5.2.5 all URLs go into a single database table (xcart_clean_urls), that's why cleanURL fields were removed from xcart_products and xcart_categories tables.

Quote:

Also, when I am trying to enable the clean URLs in the admin. I am getting the below error
...

I believe there should be a link for more information about the problem (or the information is collapsed by default).

Vanaja 09-11-2015 12:05 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Hi X-Cart team,

How can I remove default ".html" tag appended to the Clean URLs in X-Cart 5.2.6 version?

I need a Clean URLs of the below format:

URL: domain.com/product

Currently it is in the below format:

URL: domain.com/product.html

As my URLs already cached and with the search engines, I would like to have the same format as before without ".html" tag.

Thanks in advance!

razortw 09-12-2015 06:00 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanaja
Hi X-Cart team,

How can I remove default ".html" tag appended to the Clean URLs in X-Cart 5.2.6 version?

I need a Clean URLs of the below format:

URL: domain.com/product

Currently it is in the below format:

URL: domain.com/product.html

As my URLs already cached and with the search engines, I would like to have the same format as before without ".html" tag.

Thanks in advance!

Hello.
Unfortunately, X-Cart 5 does not support changing clean URL extension at this moment.
So you will need to create a module that would customize the clean URL functionality to get rid of the HTML extension.
But I'd like to say that we've been talking about adding this functionality to X-Cart core a while ago, so I'm going to ask the development team if this feature will be implemented in the future release.
I will keep you posted in this thread.

mjlepp 09-15-2015 11:20 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by razortw
Hello.
Unfortunately, X-Cart 5 does not support changing clean URL extension at this moment.
So you will need to create a module that would customize the clean URL functionality to get rid of the HTML extension.
But I'd like to say that we've been talking about adding this functionality to X-Cart core a while ago, so I'm going to ask the development team if this feature will be implemented in the future release.
I will keep you posted in this thread.


We are currently in the process of upgrading from 5.1.11 to 5.2.x and this is preventing us from proceeding.

This is not an issue in 5.1.11. Why was this changed/removed?

Vanaja 09-16-2015 01:24 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by razortw
Hello.
Unfortunately, X-Cart 5 does not support changing clean URL extension at this moment.
So you will need to create a module that would customize the clean URL functionality to get rid of the HTML extension.
But I'd like to say that we've been talking about adding this functionality to X-Cart core a while ago, so I'm going to ask the development team if this feature will be implemented in the future release.
I will keep you posted in this thread.



Hi,

Do we have any other alternate solution to remove the HTML extension from the clean URLs (like .haccess or any other changes) instead of creating a new custom module?

razortw 09-16-2015 09:41 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanaja
Hi,

Do we have any other alternate solution to remove the HTML extension from the clean URLs (like .haccess or any other changes) instead of creating a new custom module?

I was told by the development team that the ability to alter clean URL extensions is not yet planned to be implemented.
Please feel free to suggest this feature at our idea portal here:
* http://ideas.x-cart.com
The feature will be taken into consideration when it gets some votes.
I'm afraid simple redirect rules will not be able to solve your problem, because clean URLs of categories don't have an extension, but product pages do.
Please feel free to apply for a free custom development quote here
* www.x-cart.com/custom-development.html
You are welcome to discuss possible solutions with our project managers, I am sure they will be able to help you.

razortw 09-16-2015 09:41 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjlepp
We are currently in the process of upgrading from 5.1.11 to 5.2.x and this is preventing us from proceeding.

This is not an issue in 5.1.11. Why was this changed/removed?

As far as I know, X-Cart 5.1.11 did not have such feature our of the box.
Did you custom coded it?

mjlepp 09-23-2015 08:23 AM

Re: Clean URLs in 5.2.5
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by razortw
As far as I know, X-Cart 5.1.11 did not have such feature our of the box.
Did you custom coded it?


No, we do not have custom code.
See attached screenshot of the field in the XCart Admin for products from 5.1.11 vs 5.2.25.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.