X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.7.6 released: Improved Performance, Bugfixes (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74080)

herber@wirehub.nl 06-22-2016 06:31 AM

Re: X-Cart 4.7.6 released: Improved Performance, Bugfixes

Quote:

Originally Posted by aim
We have fixed it.

Thank you.

Could you post what has changed? I already have 4.7.6 test environment running and would like to patch it before migrating it to the live environment in 1 or 2 days.

aim 06-22-2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
Could you post what has changed? I already have 4.7.6 test environment running and would like to patch it before migrating it to the live environment in 1 or 2 days.

I have changed INSERT to REPLACE in the patch.sql file for some queries

Code:

-INSERT INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_month", "Month", "Labels");
-INSERT INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_off", "Off", "Labels");
-INSERT INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_on", "On", "Labels");
+REPLACE INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_month", "Month", "Labels");
+REPLACE INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_off", "Off", "Labels");
+REPLACE INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_on", "On", "Labels");

-INSERT INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_year", "Year", "Labels");
+REPLACE INTO xcart_languages (`code`, `name`, `value`, `topic`) VALUES ("en", "lbl_year", "Year", "Labels");

Dougrun 06-22-2016 03:28 PM

for the record, which db is preferred?
Mysql 5.6 or Mariadb 10.0??
I'm currently on Mysql 5.5

herber@wirehub.nl 06-22-2016 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougrun
for the record, which db is preferred?
Mysql 5.6 or Mariadb 10.0??
I'm currently on Mysql 5.5

MySQL 5.5.50 here.
Would like to know if MariaDB has significant performance improvements. I have no experience with MariaDB, but as far as I can see it is a drop-in replacement (and cPanel supports it, which is also important to us on a cPanel server).

Are there measurements available?

herber@wirehub.nl 06-23-2016 05:45 AM

The VAT checking service for customers trying to add their VAT number, is always unavailable for unknown reasons.
Quote:

Warning: Failed to validate vat number. The vat number checking service not available. Please contact the store administrator.

I can't find any error logs regarding this. The same number checks out on VIES. I've tried multiple numbers, could it be that something is being blocked?

mixon 06-23-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
The VAT checking service for customers trying to add their VAT number, is always unavailable for unknown reasons.

I can't find any error logs regarding this. The same number checks out on VIES. I've tried multiple numbers, could it be that something is being blocked?

The Vat number checker service requires PHP Soap support, so please make sure it is available in your PHP configuration.

The "http://ec.europa.eu/" URL should be accessible from the hosting server.

Also, you can add the code below to the config.local.php file and check the VNC logs for more info
PHP Code:

define('XC_VAT_NUMBER_CHECKER_DEBUG'true

herber@wirehub.nl 06-24-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixon
The Vat number checker service requires PHP Soap support, so please make sure it is available in your PHP configuration.

The "http://ec.europa.eu/" URL should be accessible from the hosting server.

Also, you can add the code below to the config.local.php file and check the VNC logs for more info
PHP Code:

define('XC_VAT_NUMBER_CHECKER_DEBUG'true

Thank you, SOAP was not enabled when PHP was compiled, we will include it next time it is compiled.

cherie 06-24-2016 06:58 AM

If SOAP is a requirement for a module, shouldn't it be more gracefully checked and handled?

Dougrun 06-29-2016 08:08 AM

help! My site is down. upgrade tested ok but now i get this:

[29-Jun-2016 15:53:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxx/public_html/store/modules/HTML_Editor/admin_func.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/store/modules/HTML_Editor/config.php on line 71

i tried installing fresh files and still get that.

Dougrun 06-29-2016 09:16 AM

I had to restore my 4.7.4 shop, I could not figure out what went wrong. Although, i may have run the patching procedure twice by reloading it by accident. 2nd time i got a bunch of "already patched" messages but i didnt think it would matter.