X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   General questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Identifying Modules via their Module ID Number (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=75677)

Triple A Racing 09-19-2017 06:54 PM

Identifying Modules via their Module ID Number

How (or where) is it possible to identify an XC5 module, when only the ID number is known? e.g.
Code:

Addon revision with specified module ID ("9864fdc6111ff0bbada23f8cdbb2c57b")
We are guessing there must be an easy way, as simple data searches only draw blanks so far...

qualiteam 09-22-2017 08:44 PM

Re: Identifying Modules via their Module ID Number

I'm not sure but it seems to be an internal identifier of the module within the marketplace server database.
Please could you explain why do you want to identify the module? I mean what will be your next step when you identify it?

Triple A Racing 09-22-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualiteam
I'm not sure but it seems to be an internal identifier of the module within the marketplace server database.Please could you explain why do you want to identify the module? I mean what will be your next step when you identify it?

It's nothing sinister :-) We ask, simply because if / when this appears in an error report or log (which it actually does), it's a bit pointless, unless the module concerned can easily be identified. The module ID isn't shown anywhere in the Admin X-Cart Back End, only the Module names are shown.

cflsystems 09-23-2017 06:32 AM

And the reason could be that this way QT support can identify it but no one else should be able to - steering the "my cart is broken, help me" towards QT support... just a thought

Triple A Racing 09-24-2017 04:24 PM

:roll: Hmmmmmmmmm
That would be disappointing if that IS the case....
Let's wait for an answer from @qualiteam. If it is indeed "...an internal identifier of the module within the marketplace server database" then there must be an accessible, easy way of being able to identify any module via its ID Number, not one that's hidden behind SVR/CIA type encryption :mrgreen:

qualiteam 09-26-2017 06:20 AM

This is an internal marketplace identifier that is used to debug the marketplace system. In most cases it is useless for XC5 users.

However, there is a way to match these identifiers to actual modules:

1. Edit etc/config.php and set "log_data" to "On"

2. Open the following URL to clear the marketplace cache:
admin.php?target=addons_list_marketplace&landing=1 &action=clear_cache

3. Check the log file (var/log/xxxx/xx/upgrade.log.xxxx-xx-xx.php) for sections as follows:
Quote:

[info, Sep 26 2017 10:33:19] Marketplace [get_addons]: server response:; data:
Array
(
[a8a74850cc5bdaf6e060913276d3bd1a] => Array
(
[version] => Array
(
[major] => 5.3
[minor] => 3
[build] => 4
)

[revisionDate] => 1397073600
[minorRequiredCoreVersion] => 3
[author] => CDev
[name] => AmazonS3Images

Triple A Racing 09-26-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualiteam
...However, there is a way to match these identifiers to actual modules...

Whenever there's a tricky XC5 tech question, there's only one man for the job :D/
Case closed =D>