X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Abandoned Cart Reminder module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65976)

RoeBoeDog 08-28-2013 02:31 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

We would like to buy this module, wanted to know if the product image that was in the cart at time of abandonment can be included in the email, I understand you can change the email look that is sent but it would be nice to have a visual look of the product included in the email.

fishbucket 08-28-2013 02:43 PM

It didn't work that way out of the box, but one of our developers was able to modify it to include the images.

If you want to see how it turned out, make an account at bbcicecream.com/shop and leave something in your cart. I think the reminder goes out 12 hours later.

Tigershark8700 08-28-2013 11:27 PM

We also custom designed this feature to include small images.. it made the search functionality much more useful than just plain text.

RoeBoeDog 08-29-2013 08:13 AM

Thanks for your response.

Going to try it out right now.

rocky 08-30-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
We would like to buy this module, wanted to know if the product image that was in the cart at time of abandonment can be included in the email, I understand you can change the email look that is sent but it would be nice to have a visual look of the product included in the email.

You've already contacted us via HelpDesk, but I'll post my reply here as well.

That's a really good feature indeed. We will look into this over the weekend and get back with a solution/decision on Monday.

Guys, if you've got any cool ideas regarding Abandoned Cart Reminder module, please post them here or via ideas site:

thttp://ideas.x-cart.com

Any new idea or feature request is highly appreciated. Let's make the module better together.

RoeBoeDog 08-30-2013 10:38 AM

THanks for being on this. Love seeing ideas come to life.

RoeBoeDog 08-30-2013 03:30 PM

Hello
One more feature I wanted to address was the bonus points. I think its important to show the customer the potential bonus points they could earn with the order and also a link to the special offers page to see what those bonus points can get them.

rocky 08-30-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Hello
One more feature I wanted to address was the bonus points. I think its important to show the customer the potential bonus points they could earn with the order and also a link to the special offers page to see what those bonus points can get them.

Thank you, I've registered this suggestion too.

rocky 09-03-2013 09:10 AM

As I promissed I'm getting back with news regarding suggested features:

1. We've added product icons to the abandoned cart notifications. Updated distributives can be found in HelpDesk File area.

2. The second feature suggested requires a complex modification and can't be done right away. However, we will definitely take it into consideration and try to implement to this extension.

Thank you.

RoeBoeDog 09-03-2013 09:40 AM

Thank you Rocky, I just paid for the module, Looking forward to getting this installed.

Cheers

kevinrm 09-09-2013 08:34 PM

I've had this mod installed for several months and to date have yet to have a single abandoned cart recovered. I've checked that it's working, generating coupons, etc, it is. There must be some tips as to how to recover a cart that someone has abandoned but so far it's not doing anything for my shop. Does anyone who has had success have any suggestions on the following settings:

After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart?
How many notifications should be sent?
Delay between notifications (in hours)?

Also, the standard email looks something like this, any suggestions?

"You have received this notification from XYZ.com because you are a registered user or you or some other registered user requested some information for you from our store.

Hello Joe!

You recently visited our site xyz.com (http://www.xyz.com), and we noticed that you still have a few items in your shopping cart. We would like to offer you a special discount towards your next purchase! Simply enter the coupon code iqphGiFM at checkout and you will save 10% on your current pending order. The coupon code expires on Sep 13, 2013 23:59.

If you have any questions or require special assistance, please contact us by replying to this email. We would be happy to help you.

Your shopping cart currently contains the following items:
Product: blue widget
Price: $20

You can go to your shopping cart directly by clicking the special link. "

cflsystems 09-09-2013 09:51 PM

This is personal opinion. As a customer I either buy right there on the spot or not bother to even put in cart at all. For so many years I have probably abandoned cart at checkout 2-3 times only and probably that was because there were surprises at checkout... which means no matter how many emails this cart will send me they will be deleted without even opening them...

If I left the cart at checkout there must be a good reason for it and sending out coupon most likely won't help either as I have already purchased the item from another place...

But this is me. Abandoned cart emails certainly generate sells with others.... probably....

With that said - you should not send more than one email no matter what. Any extra email will just aggravate customers. Also the text seems very generic and unprofessional to me

carpeperdiem 09-10-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
This is personal opinion. As a customer I either buy right there on the spot or not bother to even put in cart at all. For so many years I have probably abandoned cart at checkout 2-3 times only and probably that was because there were surprises at checkout... which means no matter how many emails this cart will send me they will be deleted without even opening them...

At the Affiliate Summit conference, I was bombarded by abandonment-solution companies, the most evil being, <upsellit.com>

Upsellit has cursor tracking tech and if if your cursor comes within a few pixels of the close box, a popup appears.... they also have "if you leave the page, a popunder with your cart appears" -- and they also have a live chat feature -- if your cursor appears to be leaving the cart - the chat popup appears. ALL of these technologies would piss me off that I would never buy from these stores.

There are many companies that are doing similar things...

OTOH, I have the Checkout_One tools from AlteredCart -- and that does have abandoned cart tech -- but I will never use it... but it is useful to see the frequency of abandoned carts and try to learn WHY a cart is abandoned... in my case, more than 50% of the time, my customers come back and check out within a week. Initial abandoned cart was due to distractions (baby, husband, The Bachelor, etc...) - and a percentage search for a coupon code, then checkout.

MY POINT -- abandoned cart best practices (and technology) are best left to a 3rd party if you want to go there... doing it yourself is like doing your own email auto-responders/mailing list or building your own affiliate network. Technically possible? Sure. Functionally competitive? Not a chance.

ADDISON 09-11-2013 03:52 AM

If I know you give me bonuses like discounts, free stuff, because I abandon my cart, be sure I will take the advantages of this from now on. More than that, I will inform my friends to use this tip too.

I don't want to make people abandon their carts for small advantages. It is like a security hole. This module could generate selling if it is used smart.

rocky 09-16-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
I've had this mod installed for several months and to date have yet to have a single abandoned cart recovered. I've checked that it's working, generating coupons, etc, it is. There must be some tips as to how to recover a cart that someone has abandoned but so far it's not doing anything for my shop. Does anyone who has had success have any suggestions on the following settings:

After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart?
How many notifications should be sent?
Delay between notifications (in hours)?

Also, the standard email looks something like this, any suggestions?

Undoubtfully, it all depends on technique and the way you follow up your customers. There are a lot of tips in the internet regarding how to manage abanoned carts, how to do it properly. This module is a tool which helps you to set this system up.

Please read the following blogpost:
http://blog.x-cart.com/Abandoned_carts.html

and just type in "abandoned cart tips" in google and it will give you numerous of articles. There is no unique way of configuring it, it all depends on what you sell, whom you sell to and so on..
Try different configuations and see which one works better for you.

Change the follow up text to something which you find more appropriate to your store. Please also note that recently we've
improved the module and included product icons into the follow up email. So, you'd be probably interested in updating your module. Please see my previous posts for instructions.

Furthermore, as I've already mentioned in this thread, we've got a success story from Roger Martin at stand-out.net, our long time customer. He has been using Abandoned Cart Reminder, custom-developed though, for a considerable period of time.

We had a short interview with Roger before developing the module, I'll copy and paste it here:

Quote:

We knew abandoned carts was always a problem for all ecommerce websites, and customers would even register, go to checkout but still change their mind and not complete the purchase. This could be for many reasons - the price, just changed their mind on the item, delivery time or problems, they do not have enough money in their bank, etc. To encourage these customers to come back and shop, an automatic email is sent with a discount code.

So, on our store if a customer enters their personal details but does not complete the checkout process then 2 days later they would be emailed with an offer to come back to the website and purchase the products using a discount code.

Many customers have loved being contacted and given a chance to buy again at a reduced price

Abandoned cart system definitely works and generates income. I've got a lot of feedbacks from happy customers. I'll try to convince them to share their experience here.

You can also contact us via HelpDesk to discuss this issue further. Please refer to this thread when creating a new ticket.

rocky 09-16-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

If I left the cart at checkout there must be a good reason for it and sending out coupon most likely won't help either as I have already purchased the item from another place...

But this is me. Abandoned cart emails certainly generate sells with others.... probably....

With that said - you should not send more than one email no matter what. Any extra email will just aggravate customers.

Thank you for your opinion, Steve. There is nothing to argue about that all depends on a person who browses the site. There are pros and cons, but the fact is that abandoned carts and follow ups work and generate income.

Thank you for your opinion, Steve. There is nothing to argue about that all depends on a person who browses the site. There are pros and cons, but the fact is that abandoned carts and follow ups work and generate income.

Quote:

Also the text seems very generic and unprofessional to me

That's just a template. It can be easily modified via Languages page. If you could recommend a common text that would suit all merchants I'd appreciate it.

We are always open to suggestions.

Thank you.

rocky 09-16-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADDISON
If I know you give me bonuses like discounts, free stuff, because I abandon my cart, be sure I will take the advantages of this from now on. More than that, I will inform my friends to use this tip too.

I don't want to make people abandon their carts for small advantages. It is like a security hole. This module could generate selling if it is used smart.

That's up to a merchant. Abandoned carts notifications can be sent with or without discount coupons. From the personal experience of Roger Martin discount coupons help a lot. So, it all depends on your tactic, strategy and technique.

rocky 09-16-2013 07:50 AM

BTW, Abandoned Cart Reminder for 4.6.1 has been recently uploaded to the File area. Feel free to use.

RoeBoeDog 09-17-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
BTW, Abandoned Cart Reminder for 4.6.1 has been recently uploaded to the File area. Feel free to use.

Hello Rocky

Is it possible to also include a chat link within the email blast? Should we just make an icon and place the code in the email template?

I think it's important to give the customer an option to chat from clicking on the email.

Cheers.

rocky 09-17-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Hello Rocky

Is it possible to also include a chat link within the email blast? Should we just make an icon and place the code in the email template?

I think it's important to give the customer an option to chat from clicking on the email.

Cheers.

Yes sure, you can just open the email template and add something like:

<a href="link_to_chat">Chat with us</a>

By the way, can you please specify which chat system do you use?

RoeBoeDog 09-17-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Yes sure, you can just open the email template and add something like:

<a href="link_to_chat">Chat with us</a>

By the way, can you please specify which chat system do you use?

Right now we use desk.com but the built in chat does not work very well so if you have any recommendations that would be great.

cflsystems 09-17-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

That's just a template. It can be easily modified via Languages page. If you could recommend a common text that would suit all merchants I'd appreciate it.

We are always open to suggestions.

Thank you.

Yes I know it is just a template and can be easily modified to say anything. Sometimes I wonder if it isnt't better for QT to just leave some of these variables empty or better yet with text like "this is language variable blah-blah, enter text that suits your site...." or something like this so to force user to modify the text. Maybe with list of variables in admin which need to be setup, maybe even as part of the post install setup....

I would probably be the last person to ask what the language for abandoned cart email should be....

kevinrm 09-17-2013 07:26 PM

For some reason, mine is not sending out the email automatically even though I have it set as such.

Yesterday I sent out about 10 notifications manually and finally got one order recovered so it does work. Had to re-word some of the verbiage a bit. I think the new upgrade which shows the thumbnails should increase recoveries.

Yes, I think no more than one email should be sent, and it must be sent relatively soon after the cart is abandoned.

rocky 09-19-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Right now we use desk.com but the built in chat does not work very well so if you have any recommendations that would be great.

I'm not an expert in this question, but I've used Olark and I liked it:

http://www.olark.com/

Probably you'd be interested.

rocky 09-19-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Yes I know it is just a template and can be easily modified to say anything. Sometimes I wonder if it isnt't better for QT to just leave some of these variables empty or better yet with text like "this is language variable blah-blah, enter text that suits your site...." or something like this so to force user to modify the text. Maybe with list of variables in admin which need to be setup, maybe even as part of the post install setup....

I would probably be the last person to ask what the language for abandoned cart email should be....

I got your idea, Steve, it's appreciated. We will take it into consideration.

rocky 09-19-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

For some reason, mine is not sending out the email automatically even though I have it set as such.

As I can see you've already contacted us via HelpDesk and one of our support engineers provided you with a solution. Hope it helps. If not, please let us know.

Quote:

Yesterday I sent out about 10 notifications manually and finally got one order recovered so it does work. Had to re-word some of the verbiage a bit. I think the new upgrade which shows the thumbnails should increase recoveries.

Yes, I think no more than one email should be sent, and it must be sent relatively soon after the cart is abandoned.

1 out of 10 is a good result actually, I'm glad it works for you.

RoeBoeDog 09-19-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

As I can see you've already contacted us via HelpDesk and one of our support engineers provided you with a solution. Hope it helps. If not, please let us know.

1 out of 10 is a good result actually, I'm glad it works for you.

The thumbnail idea was mine so I feel extra special lol...

I agree with only sending 1 email but I strongly think this module should show the potential points earned and a link to the page that displays points earnings.

I really hope you guys can implement this soon.

rocky 09-20-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

I agree with only sending 1 email but I strongly think this module should show the potential points earned and a link to the page that displays points earnings.

I've already registered this improvement. Thank you for your idea.

Woodrow187 10-02-2013 10:38 AM

Nice module. We've purchased and are doing some testing at the moment. Hope to roll it out soon to our live site.

It'd be great to have the option to send multiple unique emails to customers.

For example-

Email 1 (Sent 3 hrs after abandonment): We noticed you didn't complete your purchase, can we help?

Email 2 (Sent 10 hrs after abandonment): We're saving your items, but our more popular products sell out quickly so act fast!

Email 3 (Sent 24 hrs after abandonment): To help make up your mind, here's a coupon.

I feel this would offer more flexibility and not condition customers to abandon the cart in order to get a coupon.

rocky 10-03-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodrow187
Nice module. We've purchased and are doing some testing at the moment. Hope to roll it out soon to our live site.

It'd be great to have the option to send multiple unique emails to customers.

For example-

Email 1 (Sent 3 hrs after abandonment): We noticed you didn't complete your purchase, can we help?

Email 2 (Sent 10 hrs after abandonment): We're saving your items, but our more popular products sell out quickly so act fast!

Email 3 (Sent 24 hrs after abandonment): To help make up your mind, here's a coupon.

I feel this would offer more flexibility and not condition customers to abandon the cart in order to get a coupon.

I reckon it's a great idea, thank you. I've registered this improvement, we will try to implement it.

rocky 10-11-2013 05:43 AM

Good news! The module is now compatible with 4.3.x X-Cart versions.

kevinrm 10-16-2013 02:05 AM

I've had this working correctly now for about a month and a half. So far in that time I've recovered 4 carts and the mod has paid for itself. I send out one email soon after the cart is abandoned and that's it. It does work, but I don't think it's not going to be all that significant in bringing in revenue. It's worth having though, every bit helps.

The mod which has substantially increased my revenue over all other mods has been the mobile mod.

rocky 10-16-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

I've had this working correctly now for about a month and a half. So far in that time I've recovered 4 carts and the mod has paid for itself. I send out one email soon after the cart is abandoned and that's it. It does work, but I don't think it's not going to be all that significant in bringing in revenue. It's worth having though, every bit helps.

The mod which has substantially increased my revenue over all other mods has been the mobile mod.

Great! Thank you for sharing this info with the community.

cflsystems 10-16-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

I've had this working correctly now for about a month and a half. So far in that time I've recovered 4 carts and the mod has paid for itself.

If not some company sensitive data can you share what % is this from all abandoned carts within this period?

kevinrm 11-30-2013 12:17 AM

I would like to give an update on the results of this mod.

For the month of November, we recovered 12 orders worth about US $1000. That's pretty nice if you multiply it by 12 months. So mark me down as a convert to this mod!

I see 14 abandoned carts which were not recovered, so this is nearly half. I'm not completely sure this is correct, the statistics only show recovered carts and not a percentage. I believe the upgrade with the thumbnail was a significant improvement, more carts were recovered since it's inception.

This is a mod that takes some tweaking to get it set right. One email is really all you need, make sure the emails are sent out through cron properly.

rocky 11-30-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

I would like to give an update on the results of this mod.

For the month of November, we recovered 12 orders worth about US $1000. That's pretty nice if you multiply it by 12 months. So mark me down as a convert to this mod!

I see 14 abandoned carts which were not recovered, so this is nearly half. I'm not completely sure this is correct, the statistics only show recovered carts and not a percentage. I believe the upgrade with the thumbnail was a significant improvement, more carts were recovered since it's inception.

This is a mod that takes some tweaking to get it set right. One email is really all you need, make sure the emails are sent out through cron properly.

Awesome news!

espresso 12-01-2013 07:19 PM

Don't have a lot of experience with this mod yet as I just installed it 6 hours ago.
Yet, I see many abandoned carts already.
Unfortunately I miss the functionality of actually being able to look at the "anon" customer info. Before I send any coupons or offers, I'd like to know more details about them, such as location.
The information is there, because I created an order for one of them and then I found the anon customers details.

I also believe you don't really want to send out automatic emails (and coupons) to repeat customers, even if they abandon the cart. Most likely they will go back to the cart and complete the order. Or they already added items for next time to take adavantage of reward points. I already noticed such an instance. May be show how many orders this customer placed in the past. Provide as much intell as possible so I can make a quick decision if I should follow up with the abondened cart or not.

Rene

dejital 01-08-2014 09:00 AM

"Page not found" problems with the mod

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I have installed theis Mod on X-car 4.4.5 and when I try and view the abandon carts through
https://website.com/shop/admin/abandoned_carts.php
or
https://website.com/shop/admin/abandoned_carts_statistic.php

I get the error message

Page not found!

The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it!

The php files both exist in the admin folder and their permissions are set to 644. I also tried setting them to 777 with no luck.

I have tried other things like clearing the cache and re-installing with no luck.

kevinrm 01-23-2014 08:07 PM

If anyone has any doubts whether this is a good mod or not, let me give you our abandoned cart statistics for the last three months in US Dollars:

November: $980

December: $740

January (so far!): $1,150

So in the last three months, so far we've recouped US $2,870. I am amazed that there is that significant amount of abandoned carts, I had no idea! Granted, this is our peak season but I imagine after one year this will really be a significant amount of money to the bottom line.

Note that we only send out ONE email a few hours after the cart has been abandoned - it's all you need. I have noticed that if they don't bite for that first email, it's highly unlikely they will go for it after a second email.

espresso 01-23-2014 08:57 PM

Thank you for sharing your stats.
So, you're saying you recovered 100% of your abandoned carts?
If so, what were your settings? After how many days/hours would you send an offer if any?
Our findings so far: over half of the abandoned carts order anyhow, no offers required. Might take a day or so for them to place their final order.
We are still in the process to figure out if we should send out automatic offers or not.
So, any additional input from others is greatly appreciated.