X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart POS, X-Cart 5.1 and X-Cart Free edition released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69215)

ambal 05-21-2014 03:17 AM

X-Cart POS, X-Cart 5.1 and X-Cart Free edition released

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce multiple major news and releases by X-Cart.

Read more at
http://blog.x-cart.com/POS-and-5.1.html :D/

herber@wirehub.nl 05-21-2014 05:38 AM

Re: X-Cart POS, X-Cart 5.1 and X-Cart Free edition released

That's great!

I can suggest the POS to all online stores that have their own stock and have customers walk in to pick up stuff: it's really fast to use when customers want to add some more to their order, I love it with a barcode scanner.

If you're wondering: it works just fine with a cheap USB barcode scanner as well, I have bought 2 extra during the beta periode and am using them right now.

totaltec 05-21-2014 05:59 AM

This is truly awesome news. I am so glad that the POS system is out of Beta! X-cart is about to rock the SMB market.

herber@wirehub.nl 05-21-2014 06:33 AM

I have already written an CSV importer that wil accept SKU;EAN format files to add them to existing products in bulk. Can't wait to populate my live store with this!

MfromG 05-21-2014 10:02 AM

Do you have to input a UPC only (with a scanner or manually)? You can't just browse for the product and "add to cart" in POS mode?

totaltec 05-21-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MfromG
Do you have to input a UPC only (with a scanner or manually)? You can't just browse for the product and "add to cart" in POS mode?

You can simply browse for products. Its very flexible, you can add products to cart however you like.

RichieRich 05-21-2014 03:56 PM

Lots of progress being made this year, well done

espresso 05-21-2014 06:28 PM

Thanks QT for moving forward on the much needed POS. Mike, thanks for being proactive on the POS specs :lol:

herber@wirehub.nl 05-22-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MfromG

As Totaltec said, both.
You can add products to cart as normal, and just scan them 1 after another to add them to the cart.

ADDISON 05-22-2014 05:46 AM

That Free release version will help the rising of X-Cart. I am happy you took this in consideration. Every popular shopping cart started as open source/free. Your decision will help also having more developers and building a solid platform in a very short period of time (bugs&features).

I am not a big fan of X-Cart 5, but I am spending little time with it almost every day. Its competition should be Magento 2. This new version of Magento even is stable is far away from version 1. It was announced around 2011 - 2012 and it was build from scratch. This means even you liked Magento 1, you have to buy new extensions, new developer work to get it in shape. X-Cart Next is the way you have to learn in my opinion. A new concept started about 5 years ago and is the path many of you should take in consideration. If Magento 2 fails in what you want, X-Cart is a good solid option for those who did not decide what to do after XC4.

If XC5 had all XC4 features to date, more joint this modern platform. The main lacks: internalization and more themes. I am pretty sure the features will come in the next 2 years for making XC4 looking so old. Good job Qualiteam!