X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   "Marketing Manager" and "Remember Me" are not compatible (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=30813)

fogelka 04-29-2007 06:54 PM

"Marketing Manager" and "Remember Me" are not compatible

I eagerly began using all the great features of Marketing Manager a couple of weeks ago. It really is excellent. Unfortunately, it has an incompatibility with WebsiteCM's "Remember Me" mod.

The tracking feature of Marketing Manager will not properly track and report customers who are automatically logged in under Remember Me. This is a huge drawback, because the customers who use Remember Me are usually the repeat customers that you really want to keep good information on.

Here's what won't work in MM for those customers:

1. Last login search, find customers by login date.
Customers who are "remembered" don't show up in this report.

2. Traffic monitor
It looks like remembered customers show up as a new customer for each click on a new page. So, a customer going to ten pages will show up as ten customers. This throws off the counting something fierce.

Options: Don't use those features. Or, don't use "Remember Me". I don't like either option. The remember me mod keeps people coming back without being frustrated. I have had very few forgotten passwords since I installed that.

In checking with Firetank, it looks like there is no way to make these two mods play well together. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Ken

.d

groovico 05-09-2007 09:06 AM

Re: "Marketing Manager" and "Remember Me" are not compatible

This is strange as unless remember me is doing something strange with the session control they should really be tracked as normal customers.

The issue will be with the way "remember me" is handling this, it sounds as if it's creating a new session on every page click for the login or re-logging in people with every page change. The last login date works on x-cart data, if the remember me mod is not updating this then marketing manager has no way of showing this as x-cart is not being told to store it.

I'll have a chat with websitecm and find out if this can be resolved.

carpeperdiem 05-09-2007 10:08 AM

I have noticed this beahvior as well... I never considered it was a conflict, but upon further review, yes, this is a problem that I've been living with... I hope the two developers can find a solution.

Jon 05-09-2007 10:40 AM

I've updated Remember Me to write a new login to the database table when the customer returns to the site and is "remembered" so that the last login date will be updated.

There should not be a conflict with sessions as Remember Me executes once when the person is remembered, logs them in as a regular login would, and then is never executed again.

Jeremy, are you having issues with tracking also, or just the login date?

Amy 06-14-2007 04:59 AM

how do we get an updated version of this mod if we already have purchased it? I am planning to install it after SOME TIME of having it in my possession and already have MM installed... THANKS!

cotc2001 06-14-2007 10:43 AM

You just asked the same question as I was going to :D

also would the mod need a full re-intstall or would it be a case of just replaing one file with another?

Jon 06-14-2007 10:50 AM

Email a request to support@websitecm.com and quote your domain name :)

Jon 06-14-2007 10:52 AM

^ Also, it's just a matter of uploading new files to replace your current.

carpeperdiem 06-14-2007 11:07 AM

Jon,

How are we doing re: adding "remember me" to the registration page? Is this doable?

Jon 06-14-2007 11:17 AM

Yes it's doable, and on my to-do-list:

1) Locate time to breathe.
2) Add Remember Me to registration page.
3) Go to the bathroom.

:P