X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16820)

Shooter 01-11-2009 04:17 AM

Re: Horizontal and Vertical Flyout Category Menu

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
I don't know, but rapidshare.de is not a phishing site.
Why click a link four years old and think its relevant to the version you are using?

A. - When I when to it my browser went nuts with PHISH WARNINGS...

A. - Because I can?

JWait 01-11-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter
A. - When I when to it my browser went nuts with PHISH WARNINGS...

It sounds like you need to fix your browser.

http://rapidshare.de/en/phishing.html

ChristineP 02-26-2009 10:36 AM

We purchased this mod and have it working. Can someone help me to get the root category not selectable if there is a subcategory. What my employer wants is when the mouse rolls over the menu if there is only a root category, then this will be selectable; otherwise if there is a subcategory-sub subcategory, then the root category is not selectable only the flyout subcategory-sub subcategory will be. Any suggestions are welcome.

JWait 02-26-2009 01:27 PM

The mod designer should be able to help you better than I can but why do you not want your root categories linked? They would still be linked from the breadcrumb trail regardless. If there are not products in the root category it is the perfect place for "featured products", or other content depending on how creative you are.

ChristineP 02-26-2009 01:39 PM

My thought is to have a write up about the product(s) in the category as an intro and selling point, but this request is coming from my co-worker. I have contacted the mod designer in 2-3 emails asking for a quote if this is possible, but he's fallen off responding.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Christine

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWait
The mod designer should be able to help you better than I can but why do you not want your root categories linked? They would still be linked from the breadcrumb trail regardless. If there are not products in the root category it is the perfect place for "featured products", or other content depending on how creative you are.

conradp24 03-08-2009 10:00 AM

I got the vertical and horizontal flyout category menu as part of the SEO Friendly Template v4.1.8 purchased from PhilJ and it works well.
Unfortunately the subcategories keep collapsing when I hover over the subcategories menu. I've tried everything and can't get it to work. I've e-mailed PhilJ a couple of times over the last few months well I've been developing the site but now I'm getting closer to finishing I really need this to be sorted out and I haven't heard a booh or a bah from him.

I tested it with the original template I bought before I modded it and same problem.
Anybody else had this?

Regards,
Conrad

PhilJ 03-08-2009 12:17 PM

Hi Conrad, get in touch and we should be able to sort it out.

conradp24 03-08-2009 11:28 PM

Thanks, send you a PM last night.

Conrad

PhilJ 03-09-2009 12:25 AM

The problem appears to be Safari only. I think it is because you have some broken images that the browser is trying to load from localhost 192.168.0.8 - If you wait a while and let the page elements load fully, the menus work fine. So the issue is not related to the menus.

conradp24 03-09-2009 03:39 AM

Hi Phil,
I would agree with that based on the symptoms but I get it with the default SEO friendly template as a default install before modifying. Mainly on the longer menus.
I've created a new VMware server with the default install to double check but it's still an issue so it can't be broken images that I've created.Expecting visitors to your site to wait until the menu sorts itself out is likely to aggravate them.
I would agree that it's Safari for XP only, I don't own a MAC so can't check against a MAC safari version.

Please would you have a look again on the same details I PM'd you it will show you the default install with the same problem.
I'm using Safari 4 after having the same problem with Safari 3.2

Regards,

Conrad