X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Abandoned Cart Reminder module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65976)

kevinrm 01-23-2014 09:47 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
No, I'm not saying I recovered 100% of my abandoned carts, I'm just showing you the amounts I did recover. Unfortunately, this mod doesn't really break it down as to what % you recover. To figure it out, I'd have to do the math and I've been a bit busy to do that.

I send out one single offer of $2.00 off about 3 hours after the cart has been abandoned.

rocky 01-23-2014 10:42 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
No, I'm not saying I recovered 100% of my abandoned carts, I'm just showing you the amounts I did recover. Unfortunately, this mod doesn't really break it down as to what % you recover. To figure it out, I'd have to do the math and I've been a bit busy to do that.

I send out one single offer of $2.00 off about 3 hours after the cart has been abandoned.



That's actually a great idea to caclculate % of abandoned carts automatically, we will take it into consideration.

cflsystems 01-24-2014 09:53 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
You have to keep in mind nowdays shoppers do not go to site, add to cart and order. They go to site, add to cart, then go to another site and do the same and another site... They compare prices, shipping, trustworthy of site, return policy, etc and final decision where to place the order may come days after. So not necessarily abandoned cart is abandoned...
Customer may come back without being pushed with offers and such.

rocky 01-30-2014 05:05 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Good news!

Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5 has been released:

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/abandoned-cart-reminder.html

kevinrm 01-30-2014 06:12 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I'm doubting they do that at my site much because I don't sell a generic product, no other competitor sells exactly the same products which I do. They may sell similar items, but not the same. I sell a category of food related products which I obtain from farmers and part of my marketing strategy is that I sell higher end, higher quality versions, it's an exclusive arrangement between me and the producers.

Also, I'm not so sure many shoppers shop the way you say they are. Not that I doubt it isn't done, only that I don't believe it's the norm. I certainly do not shop that way. I may look for cheaper versions of something, but not to the point of putting it in the cart on several sites at the same time.

If even half of these customers are coming back because of the offer, it's still quite a bit of cash coming back, I'm pretty happy with this mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
You have to keep in mind nowdays shoppers do not go to site, add to cart and order. They go to site, add to cart, then go to another site and do the same and another site... They compare prices, shipping, trustworthy of site, return policy, etc and final decision where to place the order may come days after. So not necessarily abandoned cart is abandoned...
Customer may come back without being pushed with offers and such.


cflsystems 01-30-2014 09:04 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Every business is different. The good thing is this works for you. I know I will pay more if I have to but to get the product from more reliable (in my eyes) place. A discount offer is good and it does work of course, so many people are looking for a deal...
I don't doubt the module - it sure works and if any business using it can recover even 20% of abandoned carts it is still a big chunk...

xtech 02-07-2014 12:08 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I have added this purchased module in my store 4.6.1 Platinum and test product by adding it to cart from a customer account looged out and test it from admin http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/abandoned_carts.php but it is showing

Page not found!
The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it!

I cannot find any abandoned cart from admin.

What is the issue?

My theme is Reboot and x-cart version is 4.6.1 Platinum.

Thanks.

xtech 02-07-2014 09:28 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
Good news!

Abandoned Cart Reminder for X-Cart 5 has been released:

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/abandoned-cart-reminder.html


Hello,
Can you please let me know How to work it with reboot template?I think it is working on admin level then why skin file required?

Thanks.

Tigershark8700 02-08-2014 11:37 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I have a few questions about this module .. mostly about internal rules that were programmed in for the logic.

1. How long does it take for the system to identify an order being marked as abandoned? Example: Customer adds an item to their cart, they leave the site, than they are marked as an abandoned order. What is the time interval in this situation?

Knowing this will help improve how to properly setup the frequency time for each email.

2. Is there an internal rule that aggregates orders within an specific timeframe to the customer? Example: I abandon an order at 1pm, and abandon an order at 1:30pm. The order abandonment email is set to go out in 4 hours. Does this mean that ALL orders within the past 4 hour increment are included with this email? This way it shows a COMBINED shopping cart of orders, instead of individual emails / orders.

3. The statistics area is a little bare, it would be great to know:

- Value of Shopping Cart when abandoned
- Value of Shopping Cart when recovered (this can show how much additional items/sales were generated by the customer purchasing more items). ~ Abandon Cart Emails are known to increase the chance a customer will add MORE items to their cart.
- % of recovered orders
- Click Through Rate
- Purchase Rate

Having some basic details over each email can make it easier for users to A/B Split Test each recovery email for the best results.

Thanks,
Ryan

xtech 02-12-2014 12:34 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hello,
Can I get any update from you if this module will work on reboot template or not?

I have sent so many tickets to support but got no positive reply.

Will it work on 4.6.1 Platinum?

herber@wirehub.nl 03-11-2014 03:57 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I installed the new 4.6.3 update and I can see in the database that it is now also saving the address.

I have set the module to also show the address on the abandoned cart page: Show customer address in abandoned carts list: "Show for all".

However it is not showing the address. Apparantly it saves the address, but simply doesn't show it. I copied all the files over the old Abandoned Cart Reminder files and ran the SQL query again. It works fine, just doesn't show the address.


-edit-
Fixed, perhaps it had to do with clearing the template cache, because after clearing that I can see the addresses just fine! I'm very happy with this update.

random 03-13-2014 04:46 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark8700
I have a few questions about this module .. mostly about internal rules that were programmed in for the logic.

1. How long does it take for the system to identify an order being marked as abandoned? Example: Customer adds an item to their cart, they leave the site, than they are marked as an abandoned order. What is the time interval in this situation?

Knowing this will help improve how to properly setup the frequency time for each email.

For logged in customers, once they add any product to cart, it is being marked abandoned until it is cleared after checkout. This way we guarantee that the abandoned cart is always up-to-date.
Cart for customers who doesn't have account or not logged in yet is saved in abandoned list immediately after log in/registration (or after email is entered for AJAX feature).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark8700
2. Is there an internal rule that aggregates orders within an specific timeframe to the customer? Example: I abandon an order at 1pm, and abandon an order at 1:30pm. The order abandonment email is set to go out in 4 hours. Does this mean that ALL orders within the past 4 hour increment are included with this email? This way it shows a COMBINED shopping cart of orders, instead of individual emails / orders.


No, each customer can have only one abandoned cart at a time.
Once cart is changed it overwrites previous one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark8700
3. The statistics area is a little bare, it would be great to know:

- Value of Shopping Cart when abandoned
- Value of Shopping Cart when recovered (this can show how much additional items/sales were generated by the customer purchasing more items). ~ Abandon Cart Emails are known to increase the chance a customer will add MORE items to their cart.
- % of recovered orders
- Click Through Rate
- Purchase Rate

Having some basic details over each email can make it easier for users to A/B Split Test each recovery email for the best results.


Thanks, we'll take your suggestions into consideration.

rocky 03-13-2014 04:50 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
I installed the new 4.6.3 update and I can see in the database that it is now also saving the address.

I have set the module to also show the address on the abandoned cart page: Show customer address in abandoned carts list: "Show for all".

However it is not showing the address. Apparantly it saves the address, but simply doesn't show it. I copied all the files over the old Abandoned Cart Reminder files and ran the SQL query again. It works fine, just doesn't show the address.


-edit-
Fixed, perhaps it had to do with clearing the template cache, because after clearing that I can see the addresses just fine! I'm very happy with this update.



Great, it's good to know that the issue is fixed.

xtech 03-13-2014 04:59 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
can I get any reply why it is not working on my platinum 4.6.1 with reboot?

random 03-13-2014 05:07 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Hello,
Can you please let me know How to work it with reboot template?I think it is working on admin level then why skin file required?

Thanks.


Main module functionality will work with custom templates.
However, AJAX save feature in most cases will require modifications of custom checkout templates.

xtech 03-13-2014 10:06 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by random
Main module functionality will work with custom templates.
However, AJAX save feature in most cases will require modifications of custom checkout templates.


I have tested in my reboot template.I also contact with reboot owner and he has provided me related files.

I have several questions-
1)Will it work on x-cart Platinum?
2) After installing why I am facing this error-
But why https://www.mydomain.com/admin/abandoned_carts.php is showing

Page not found!

The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it!

error.

I have purchased the module but still it is not working in the store.

How to make it compatible?

Thanks,
xtech

rocky 03-13-2014 10:23 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
I have tested in my reboot template.I also contact with reboot owner and he has provided me related files.

I have several questions-
1)Will it work on x-cart Platinum?
2) After installing why I am facing this error-
But why https://www.mydomain.com/admin/abandoned_carts.php is showing

Page not found!

The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it!

error.

I have purchased the module but still it is not working in the store.

How to make it compatible?

Thanks,
xtech



Yes, it will work on Platinum. Please contact us via HelpDesk ticket at https://secure.x-cart.com

xtech 03-13-2014 10:28 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by random
Unfortunately, module currently doesn't works with Platinum.
There is not easy way to make it compatible, but it is a planned feature, which will be implemented soon.


I think some miscommunications is occurring here.

Before purchase I have asked qualiteam support this question about compatibility.

But now you told it will not work.Also in support I have contacted so many times but got no reply after 18th Feb.

I have purchased the module and it should work as expected.

Please help me in this concern.

rocky 03-13-2014 10:32 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
But now you told it will not work.Also in support I have contacted so many times but got no reply after 18th Feb.

I have purchased the module and it should work as expected.

Please help me in this concern.


As I said, it WILL work.

xtech, you are flooding. We've got HelpDesk system for discussions like that, please refer to your HelpDesk ticket.

Thank you.

xtech 03-13-2014 10:37 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
As I said, it WILL work.

xtech, you are flooding. We've got HelpDesk system for discussions like that, please refer to your HelpDesk ticket.

Thank you.


I always use help desk system but got not satisfied answer sometimes.Regarding this issue I have contacted this from last one month but got no solution.

Please provide me a solution so that it will work as expected in Platinum.

Thanks.

rocky 03-20-2014 04:41 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hello, users of ABCR module!

In case some of you are not suscribed to our X-Cart blog, please let me inform you that a considerable update has been done to it:

http://blog.x-cart.com/mobile-admin-sales-advisor-x-cart-4.html

This time we added option "Save cart using AJAX". With this feature enabled, if only a valid email address is specified, the module will save the other fields the customer filled in on checkout page ( address, zip code, etc)

The "abandoned carts" list will now display not only email address, but also address info. It's especially useful if the customer preferred to checkout without account creation, and you have no record about him in database yet.

Feel free to update your ABCR modules. This feature is available for 4.4.x-4.6.x versions.

herber@wirehub.nl 06-23-2014 01:39 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
The Abandoned Cart Reminder 4.6.3 package has been updated on June 10th.
However there is no change log. Is it necessary to update the module?

suehamil 07-04-2014 08:07 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hi
I've just installed this module and have a small niggling problem, the 2 link texts in the Orders drop down don't show up in some situations. They show if I'm on either of the linked to pages i.e. Abandoned Carts shows on admin/abandoned_carts.php
Cart Recovery statistics on
admin/abandoned_carts_statistic.php

I've gone over all the files and patches and am pretty confident everything has been done correctly, the $lng are all in place.

Interestingly I don't have the problem on my local test set up.

Can anyone point me in a direction that I might try to resolve this, I'm out of ideas :o)

Thanks

Sue

suehamil 07-10-2014 03:23 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hi
Regarding the question -
Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
kevinrm[/b]]
For some reason, mine is not sending out the email automatically even though I have it set as such.


you replied

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
As I can see you've already contacted us via HelpDesk and one of our support engineers provided you with a solution. Hope it helps. If not, please let us know.


I also have a similar problem, however no emails seem to be being sent, not manually or automatically. Is it possible to know the reply recieved via Helpdesk

Thanks
Sue

PS re my previous post, the link eventually appeared, I'm guessing it was a cache issue.

herber@wirehub.nl 07-14-2014 05:25 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I see that the 4.6.4 version of this plugin has been released, but the version information is incorrect.
In all files the Version is $Id$, so I can't see which files have changed.

Could this be corrected?

microdaq 07-22-2014 07:30 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hello,

I have had this module installed over the last several months and have recovered 4 orders totaling around $6,000.00.

So the module has paid for itself.

I have implemented the sending out of emails automatically feature.

However, I am getting the following email message each time the cron is run.

"Reminder notification about the coming expiration of the authorization period"

How do I turn this email off? I only want abandoned cart emails to be sent out.



Steve

random 07-30-2014 01:35 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by microdaq
Hello,

I have had this module installed over the last several months and have recovered 4 orders totaling around $6,000.00.

So the module has paid for itself.

I have implemented the sending out of emails automatically feature.

However, I am getting the following email message each time the cron is run.

"Reminder notification about the coming expiration of the authorization period"

How do I turn this email off? I only want abandoned cart emails to be sent out.



Steve


Actually, that type of notifications is not related to Abandonded Cart Reminder module. It's a built-in feature to notifiy about orders with pre-authorized payments that are going to expire.

Unfortunately, there is no setting to disable these notifications, but you can ask support to modify the code or do it yourself:

1) Open file "include/func/func.payment.php"
2) Find the following code
Code:

    if (count($expired) > 0) {
        $mail_smarty->assign('orderids', implode(", ", $expired));
        func_send_mail(
            $config['Company']['orders_department'],
            'mail/order_preauth_expire_subj.tpl',
            'mail/order_preauth_expire.tpl',
            $config['Company']['site_administrator'],
            false
        );
        return func_get_langvar_by_name('txt_preauth_check_by_ttl', array('orders' => implode(", ", $expired)), false, true);
    }

3) Change it to
Code:

    if (count($expired) > 0) {
        return func_get_langvar_by_name('txt_preauth_check_by_ttl', array('orders' => implode(", ", $expired)), false, true);
    }


microdaq 08-07-2014 10:34 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
perfect! just what I need.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Steve

Kara 08-22-2014 07:57 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
We just installed Abandoned Cart and noticed that the subtotal in the AC admin isn't reflecting the actual subtotal in the cart. This is happening on items we've discounted. When customers receive the emails, they are seeing the prediscounted prices. How can this be fixed?

xtech 09-14-2014 11:10 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hi,
I am running Abandoned Carts module in my x-cart Platinum 4.6.1.In the Abandoned Cart option there is an option to send an Auto generate coupon.When I am sending any coupon from Send Notification to Selected Cart Owner by selecting Attach Coupon option.Coupon is sending to customer but that coupon code when any customer wants to apply is showing coupon code will not apply.

Why this is happening? Is it any bug?

Thanks,
xtech

random 10-09-2014 02:17 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtech
Hi,
I am running Abandoned Carts module in my x-cart Platinum 4.6.1.In the Abandoned Cart option there is an option to send an Auto generate coupon.When I am sending any coupon from Send Notification to Selected Cart Owner by selecting Attach Coupon option.Coupon is sending to customer but that coupon code when any customer wants to apply is showing coupon code will not apply.

Why this is happening? Is it any bug?

Thanks,
xtech


Module doesn't support coupons feature in Platinum(Pro) version because they can be sent only by a provider, but at the same moment cart may contain products from different providers and therefore provider should not be able to attach coupon as well.

herber@wirehub.nl 10-30-2014 05:40 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
The module hasn't been updated for 4.6.5 yet.


Is it possible to update this mod with the ability to add VAT to prices in the email, if the country has been filled in?
All emails show prices without VAT, even if a VAT rate has been setup for the entered country.

This leads to many questions from customers why items are suddenly more expensive, and we have to explain that the price in the email is without VAT.

georgewf 11-02-2014 07:05 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
A lot of my customers are telling me the same thing. They get the discount coupon but it does not exist in the database so it cannot be applied.

x-cart 4.6.4

random 11-02-2014 09:19 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
The module hasn't been updated for 4.6.5 yet.


Is it possible to update this mod with the ability to add VAT to prices in the email, if the country has been filled in?
All emails show prices without VAT, even if a VAT rate has been setup for the entered country.

This leads to many questions from customers why items are suddenly more expensive, and we have to explain that the price in the email is without VAT.


This feature is planned, but not yet implemented in the module.

4.6.5 version should be available since 4.6.5 release, may be there was some glitch, we'll look into it. Please re-check soon.
By the way, that version contains some bugfixes (as well as distributives for previos version which were also re-uploaded) but still doesn't take into account taxes.

random 11-02-2014 09:22 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgewf
A lot of my customers are telling me the same thing. They get the discount coupon but it does not exist in the database so it cannot be applied.

x-cart 4.6.4


Could you clarify, whcih version (Platinum or Gold/Goldplus) you are using?
Module distributives that were released previously doesn't work with Platinum/Pro version correctly.

New module distributives released recently works properly with these versions but coupons are available only in Gold/Goldplus.

herber@wirehub.nl 11-02-2014 09:35 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by random
This feature is planned, but not yet implemented in the module.

4.6.5 version should be available since 4.6.5 release, may be there was some glitch, we'll look into it. Please re-check soon.
By the way, that version contains some bugfixes (as well as distributives for previos version which were also re-uploaded) but still doesn't take into account taxes.

It is uploaded now, thank you.

However, the version is not displayed correctly in the files, so I can't see which files have been updated.

random 11-02-2014 09:55 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
It is uploaded now, thank you.

However, the version is not displayed correctly in the files, so I can't see which files have been updated.


As for 4.6.5 distributive you can just unpack it and copy all files to X-Cart folder replacing old ones.
Distributives for older versions also require some patches to be applied.

georgewf 11-02-2014 02:07 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
[quote=random]Could you clarify, whcih version (Platinum or Gold/Goldplus) you are using?

Am using Goldplus

Customer sent me the email he received and the coupon does not exist in the database xcart_discount_coupons

Can you suggest how I can log all the emails sent and then I can check if the coupons exist?

herber@wirehub.nl 12-05-2014 08:49 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
The following 'bug' of this module has been haunting me since I've started using it:

The email that is sent to customers, shows the product prices excluding VAT.
That is no problem for customers that don't pay VAT, or haven't entered a country yet, but customers that have entered a country (or that are logged in) it's becoming a big problem.

More and more people are replying to the emails "why is the price higher than it is in the email??" and it starts to feel like I'm cheating them: they've seen the price + VAT on the website, they get an ACR email with the price excluding VAT, click on it and suddenly the price is back to include VAT again.

Every question receives the same answer: I'm sorry but you're in the EU so you have to pay VAT.

It would be great if the ACR module emails prices including VAT if the country of the user is known (and it is in most cases). Could this be added?

random 12-07-2014 10:49 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
[quote=georgewf]
Quote:

Originally Posted by random
Could you clarify, whcih version (Platinum or Gold/Goldplus) you are using?

Am using Goldplus

Customer sent me the email he received and the coupon does not exist in the database xcart_discount_coupons

Can you suggest how I can log all the emails sent and then I can check if the coupons exist?


The easiest way is to simulate abandoned cart yourself - just log in to customer front-end and place any product to cart without completing checkout.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.