X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

xtech 03-13-2014 11:40 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmirage001
Can't reproduce any issues on 4.6.1 site with v2.3.2

Make sure the code below is in reboot_head.tpl and that the bootstrap.min.css file in "css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css" is Bootstrap v3.1.1

If the above is good then have to wait for Phil...

I have checked all added but still design getting messed up.

@ Phil what is your opinion?

Thanks,
xtech

PhilJ 03-15-2014 03:56 AM

You can get the latest v3.1.1 Bootstrap files from here. Upload to...

skin/reboot/css/vendor/bootstrap.min.css
skin/reboot/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js

But I would recommend using the Bootstrap CDN instead of loading from local.

//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/css/bootstrap.min.css
//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.1.1/js/bootstrap.min.js

There is a small bug with BlockUI v20131009 and jQuery 1.10.2. You can revert back to jQuery v1.8.3 without any adverse effects.

//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js

mendyo 03-16-2014 01:07 PM

X-Cart is telling me that they cannot use the reBoot template as the baseline for my site design. I am in the midst of finalizing my statement of work with them and I effectively have to start with X-Cart 4.6.1 Gold Plus as my baseline.

Anyone else experience this sort of issue?

Plus, I am trying to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 before the design work starts and that is also turning into an expensive and complex nightmare.

Feeling very frustrated.

Kman 03-16-2014 01:27 PM

reBOOT is based on Bootstrap. It is an amazingly flexible layout that I have found to be very productive in terms of development time. So many things I had been able to do only with highly customized code are included and easy with reBOOT. And it is fully responsive.

Of course X-Cart is going to want to use one of their templates. But over the long term it will be so much easier with this as a base. I'm sure there are 3rd party developers who can work with this one.

Just my opinion. I am so happy I made the choice of this template!

xtech 03-17-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendyo
X-Cart is telling me that they cannot use the reBoot template as the baseline for my site design. I am in the midst of finalizing my statement of work with them and I effectively have to start with X-Cart 4.6.1 Gold Plus as my baseline.

Plus, I am trying to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 before the design work starts and that is also turning into an expensive and complex nightmare.

Feeling very frustrated.

Yes reboot is the best that i ever seen.Phil from reboot also very much helpful and co operative.

I think Phil will help you as per his time permits but after all he is very very helpful.

Thanks Phil for a great template.

Thanks.

PhilJ 03-18-2014 03:32 AM

Quote:

Feeling very frustrated.
Sorry to hear that Mendyo. I have tried to make reboot as easy to use/customise as possible, but I guess Qualiteam just prefer to use their own templating code in general.

Jon 03-18-2014 12:48 PM

I wanted to bring it to users attention that the code for the reboot templates compressor has been taken from http://codecanyon.net/item/dynamic-website-compressor/2838376

The developer of the code has stated that users of the reboot template are illegally using the code since Phil does not have a licence to use it commercially.

PhilJ 03-18-2014 12:58 PM

Bit petty and malicious Jon? I purchased the script a long time ago on an extended licence, which the author has since removed, and even spoken to him about licensing.

I won't even entertain your comments.

Jon 03-18-2014 01:02 PM

The author's told me he was unaware that you were using his code commercially, that you aren't authorized to do so, and that he would be making a DMCA claim to have your software taken down. People will want to be aware.

The author can be contacted by anyone wanting clarification via http://codecanyon.net/item/dynamic-website-compressor/2838376

Jon 03-18-2014 01:06 PM

I don't have time or desire to be malicious. I've said what I need to say to inform people and provided the ability for people to connect with the original author and find out more information on their own.

PhilJ 03-18-2014 01:07 PM

You mean, you contacted the author as part of a little personal vendetta? Well, there you have it folks, the real Jon Peters in action. Not for the first time either. I will contact the author to clear it up.

Jon 03-18-2014 01:12 PM

I contacted the author to help protect one of my clients who was using the template given that you have a history of illegal activities. I've posted this publicly to help protect others.

You can't just remove someones copyright and ownership of code and then claim at as your own and sell it, you put yourself and your clients at legal risk.

OpheliaPayne 03-18-2014 08:25 PM

I really don't want to be in the middle of this... but unfortunately, it looks like I am.

I contacted the coder to see if we are allowed to continue to use this template. His response was:

Phill is doing illegal job, we never have extended license.
And never give anyone permission to sell our product.

So I give reference that I can also claim i'm CEO of Google, but technically i'm not.

Same applies to him, he is saying that he has extended licence and our permission.
But technically not

Thanks

----
I'm hoping that Phil does the correct thing and refunds our money so that we can get something else redeveloped for our store. This just leaves me incredibly sad. I spent weeks getting the template ready and the way we wanted it and now I have to do the same thing just 1 month later.

PhilJ 03-18-2014 09:56 PM

Ophelia, should you wish to not use the script, go to reBOOT settings, disable the option "Enable dynamic compressor".
Then delete /reboot_compressor.php from your site and computer.

Like I said, I was told the contrary regarding this script and I'm following it up. It's just a pity Jon likes to get off on this kind of thing.

I've disabled Github template access for now folks, sorry about that, you can thank Jon for that.

On a happier note, reBOOT v3 is in the pipeline.

xtech 03-18-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Ophelia, should you wish to not use the script, go to reBOOT settings, disable the option "Enable dynamic compressor".

Like I said, I was told the contrary regarding this script and I'm following it up. It's just a pity Jon likes to get off on this kind of thing.

Github template access is suspended for everyone folks, sorry about that, you can thank Jon for that.

I have strong confident on you and your nice reboot template.I know you can manage this small issue.

Keep on continuing and developing the reboot version.

No one in the x-cart team has built such a nice template and your support is great and satisfactory from my point of view.

I have strong believe and 100% faith on you and your reboot template.

Thanks a lot.

Jon 03-19-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

I've disabled Github template access for now folks, sorry about that, you can thank Jon for that.

Let's be clear, Github access has been disabled because you didn't want to pay a developer for his work so you removed his copyright and sold the code as your own.

All users of your template are currently using illegal software and could be at similar risk in having a DMCA claim against them to shut down their website hosting, suspend their payment merchant account, or maybe even removed from Google rankings. Internet laws tend to take theft of intellectual property very serious.

Instead of deflecting to me I would hope that you would instead focus on quickly and adequately addressing this problem for your template users so that won't happen.

OpheliaPayne 03-19-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

I personally do not care what issues that you and Jon have. I do have an issue with the legal ramifications that are involved now that Abhimanyu has clearly represented that using the templates that contain his code is illegal. That template, even with the functionality disabled, still contains his code. I paid $169 for a template that contains code I can now not legally use.

I will be replacing reBoot with something else and I do expect a refund for reBoot.

elmirage001 03-19-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
All users of your template are currently using illegal software and could be at similar risk in having a DMCA claim against them to shut down their website hosting, suspend their payment merchant account, or maybe even removed from Google rankings. Internet laws tend to take theft of intellectual property very serious.

Jon -> You know I use the reBOOT template. I'm using an $8.00 licensed version with the author's copyright. Please take me off what ever sort of list you're keeping.

Phil-> Please get any future agreements you make in writing.

Paul Harris

voron 03-20-2014 02:29 AM

It would be interesting to get a comments of the copyright owner here.

JacksmithxD 03-20-2014 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpheliaPayne
I personally do not care what issues that you and Jon have. I do have an issue with the legal ramifications that are involved now that Abhimanyu has clearly represented that using the templates that contain his code is illegal. That template, even with the functionality disabled, still contains his code. I paid $169 for a template that contains code I can now not legally use.

I will be replacing reBoot with something else and I do expect a refund for reBoot.

You'll struggle to find a better theme for x-cart for the price, why don't you just either disable the plugin or buy the license if you're that worried, it's $8. Just disabling the plugin will make you legal.

The support and help Phil offers is out of this world, don't worry.

Just to clear things up 99% of developers offer an extended license on Code Canyon which permits you to do what Phil has done.

Read http://codecanyon.net/licenses/extended

PhilJ 03-20-2014 06:32 AM

For Jon to hijack someones thread and try to scare people rigid over an 8 dollar script, which is only a tiny element of the template as a whole, is quite laughable.

I've decided not to compromise to the bullies, so here's what you can do...

- Disable the script from the reBOOT settings
- Remove /reboot_compressor.php
- Apply this SQL patch...

Code:

DELETE FROM xcart_config WHERE name = 'reboot_compressor';
DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name = 'opt_reboot_compressor';
DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name = 'opt_descr_reboot_compressor';

Or if you want, you can purchase the script for a whopping 8 bucks.

I am removing the script, writing my own compressor which does a lot more, and will include it in reBOOT v3.

I'm also aware that statements made about me are libellous, so I'm investigating this with a lawyer friend.

That's all I have to say on the matter, thank you.

elmirage001 03-20-2014 06:35 AM

Phil is 100% Correct that there was an Extended License for the Dynamic Website Compressor.

As stated by the author:
Quote:

Phill is doing illegal job, we never have extended license.
And never give anyone permission to sell our product.

So I give reference that I can also claim i'm CEO of Google, but technically i'm not.

Same applies to him, he is saying that he has extended licence and our permission.
But technically not

Thanks
Here is the author's Dynamic Website Compressor with an Extended License advertised elsewhere for $40.

http://www.gitdnn.com/Store/tabid/173/ArticleID/4448/Dynamic-Website-Compressor.aspx

And attached is a screen capture and it's on the Wayback Machine in case the author gets wind of this and tries to delete it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130815205344/http://www.gitdnn.com/Store/tabid/173/ArticleID/4448/Dynamic-Web...ompressor.aspx

So the author either forgot or is lying but I surely can't accept anything he says as being the truth.

Phil has always done fantastic work (which my business depends on) and is wonderful to work with and I'm very much looking forward to seeing reBOOT v3.0!

Paul Harris

elmirage001 03-20-2014 07:35 AM

The Dynamic Website Compressor author had an Extended License on codecanyon.net in the past too.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130116123635/http://codecanyon.net/item/dynamic-website-compressor/2838376

You gotta love the Wayback Machine

chamberinternet 03-20-2014 08:07 AM

Is there an ETA on Reboot v3 Phil?

PhilJ 03-20-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Is there an ETA on Reboot v3 Phil?
Initial planning stages so far, but it will be based on v4.6.4, which according to the roadmap will be around July.

It will have improved themes but the main focus will be on leaner code, more speed. I'm very much open to ideas or requests by PM.

I'm also looking at the prospect of a template for X-Cart v5.x.

chamberinternet 03-20-2014 08:35 AM

Stick headers whilst scrolling down a page would be cool -
Header would include the company logo, product categories and perhaps showing no of items in the cart/cart total.

elmirage001 03-20-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

It will have improved themes but the main focus will be on leaner code, more speed.
Leaner and more speed would be great. And to make Google as happy as possible. :-)

http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

futurac 03-20-2014 11:23 AM

Just finished a fix related to X-cart issue, apparently related to JS ,
Problem with Address book , customer changing address, and it opens a full screen instead of Popup.

First impression i thought that it was related to Adapt, but we worked with Phil for 4-5 hours. the issue definitely Not related to Adapt, however Phil went far over his duties and helped me out to find the solution.

there are some moments where someone doing something what can not be measured with money, this is a real value. i think having Phil around is a great asset to community.
he always honest, asking proper payment, never exaggerated. what else can i say except "BiG tHANKS"

mendyo 03-20-2014 01:20 PM

Looks like the X-Cart team is unwilling to use the reBoot template as a baseline to my website design. I think the reasons are clear and we do not need to go into them at this time.

What I would like are some recommendations for a developer that is VERY familiar with the reBoot template that can cost effectively skin my site and provide the custom coding necessary for the other features and functions.

The site is called www.skyfallmeteorites.com.

As part of this project, I'd also like to upgrade to 4.6.3 and the latest reBoot version.

economedical 03-20-2014 07:36 PM

Phil,

Clicking on xcartmods.co.uk link is constantly redirecting me to google, is there a problem with your website or my internet?

elmirage001 03-20-2014 07:41 PM

Working fine for me -> http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/

yages 03-23-2014 09:57 PM

I would like to have a link in the product detailed description box
This link needs to stand out from the rest of the text
How do I go about doing it

PhilJ 03-24-2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

I would like to have a link in the product detailed description box
This link needs to stand out from the rest of the text
How do I go about doing it

As you are using reBOOT v1, if you want to add a message for all products, you can edit skin/reboot/custom/product_details_tabs.tpl

You could perhaps use a Bootstrap (v2) alert box for emphasis...

Before or after...

Code:

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cepllpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td>
<span itemprop="description">{$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr}</span>
</td></tr></table>

Insert...
Code:

<div class="alert alert-info"><a href="mylink.php">This is my info link</a></div>

Or you can just add the above code to your product descriptions individually.

PhilJ 03-24-2014 05:04 AM

Good ecommerce CRO checklist - Source

yages 03-24-2014 01:30 PM

If I just want to make a link anchor text dark blue so that you can see it from the rest of the text, how do I create this link

PhilJ 03-24-2014 01:42 PM

You can add some CSS to skin/reboot/css/reboot_tabs.css ...
Quote:

div.royal_tab div.views a:link, div.royal_tab div.views a:visited { color: #000080; text-decoration: underline; }
div.royal_tab div.views a:hover { color: #000080; text-decoration: none; }

Then create a hyperlink in the usual way...

Quote:

<a href="link.php">My link</a>

designguru 03-27-2014 11:47 AM

How do I edit the megamenu.

Adding a Title and create a section. Guess within css somewhere...

xtech 03-29-2014 01:33 AM

I have added X-Cart_Reboot_v2_Advanced_Product_Videos but it is not working in my site,what is the issue here?

Thanks.

designguru 03-31-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by designguru
How do I edit the megamenu.

Adding a Title and create a section. Guess within css somewhere...

Also submitted a ticket some time ago :/

PhilJ 03-31-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

How do I edit the multimenu.
Which Multimenu? If referring to the mega menu, you can enable it in reboot settings > menus

Styling can be changed by editing skin/reboot/css/menus/reboot_menu_mega.css
Quote:

I have added X-Cart_Reboot_v2_Advanced_Product_Videos but it is not working in my site,what is the issue here?
Please ensure you have followed the install.txt carefully.
Quote:

Also submitted a ticket some time ago :/
Post a reply to your ticket and I will give it priority.