X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Dimming out of stock items (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69337)

info@shadowgraphicsinc.co 06-09-2014 06:25 PM

Dimming out of stock items

By trial and error I somehow stumbled onto a view that will dim items (but still show them) that are out of stock. But as I had to do a re-install, that option didn't appear anymore and I'm not sure what I had clicked to turn that option on as it is something that I definitely like about the new XC!

Please let me know so we can enable that option again, definitely a better perk to some of the issues I've come across with this new version.

qualiteam 06-10-2014 09:14 AM

Re: Dimming out of stock items

Have just tried this on my local 5.1.2 installation and out-of-stock items are grayed out without switching any options. Have you customized your website styles?

info@shadowgraphicsinc.co 06-10-2014 09:32 AM

I didn't see it in the 5.1.2 out of the box install but I did see it in 5.1.3 so I had upgraded our cart to that as of last night to use that option.

It was working for a bit, but now does not seem to work at current. Is there an option that utilizes that feature that I had accidentally turned on to over ride it?

qualiteam 06-10-2014 09:41 AM

What browser do you use?

If it is Firefox or Chrome, try the built-in "Inspect this element" feature on an out-of-stock product: navigate to the "<div class="product product-xx out-of-stock..." tag and make sure that it has "ui-state-disabled" in the "class" attribute. This CSS class is the one that makes out-of-stock products dimmed.

info@shadowgraphicsinc.co 06-10-2014 09:49 AM

This is what the code shows for the out of stock item in the category view:

<div title="Added to cart" class="added-to-cart"><i class="fa fa-check-square"></i></div>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
</li>
<li class="product-cell box-product item odd">
<div class="product productid-11 out-of-stock not-available need-choose-options">
<div class="drag-n-drop-handle">
<span class="drag-message">Drag and drop me to the cart</span>
<span class="out-message">Product is out of stock</span>
<span class="choose-product-option">Choose the product options first</span>
</div>

do I insert a line into the custom CSS box for the ui-state-disabled?

It also dimmed in the "recently viewed" box as well when it was working, so I didn't know if there was something I needed to add there too.

info@shadowgraphicsinc.co 06-11-2014 04:48 PM

I found what triggers it!

Under "cart & checkout"

"Force customer to choose product options before adding a product to cart"

needs to be unchecked.