X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

LiLCrafter 11-15-2006 06:44 PM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

removed

CraftersHelper 11-16-2006 11:54 AM

Any responce on the above post?

One way or the other, we really need to get this resolved, even if we must revert to a paid mod.

We simply thought we would try this route since it could potentially save a few bucks, but if it makes up for it in time lost, then we have saved nothing.

Sad, but true.

We have gone over everything we could find and to us, it comes down to thinking it is a server set up maybe.

Files look good, everything is in place, and all of the other optional files were modified as well.

We have installed many mods and completed many hacks, so it isn't like this is a new thing for us.

Thanks for any help guys

intel352 11-16-2006 03:48 PM

PM me FTP access to your site, I'll take a look at everything, find what I can. additionally, if your site is *not* live, i can do some debugging to try to track down the issue for you.

Otherwise, as you mentioned, everything *seems* okay from what you've shown me.

CraftersHelper 11-16-2006 04:51 PM

I have gone back over this mod and looked at all files and everything was in its place.

I have gone back and re-added the portion of the rewrite code to the htaccess and activated it again.

After clearing the cache several times, I have found this mod to now work, but things seem slower than they were.

I am not sure if it is due to slow down in internet provider or site at this point.

I will have to do site speed tests to try to determin this.

At least things appear to be trying to work as described though.

I am now going to add the optional code snippets back to the optional files and see if this will remain operational.

Any ideas on speed degredation?

intel352 11-16-2006 04:54 PM

don't worry about any of the "optional" changes. I made 1 change (to func.php, in the func_header_redirect function), the other changes aren't needed unless you want froogle.php modified

additionally, your site was running slow for me anyways, so I'm not noticing a speed difference. this WILL be slightly slower than normal though, but it shouldn't be noticeable. there is an amount of rewriting that occurs in php, and an amount of rewriting that occurs in the .htaccess file. I think if you remove most of your other custom code from the .htaccess file, you'll find a slight speed increase.

CraftersHelper 11-16-2006 05:07 PM

I have noticed that links like recommend and upsell do not appear to be html until after they are clicked and then and only then are they "ReWritten" to appear to be html.

I look at the main category links and hover over then and they appear to be html right off, and I look at speedbar links and they appear to be php.

So, liiks like the only links that are html when hovered over are catagories, but the remaining links are php.

Now results of all links except for the speedbar change once clicked and in the browser. The speedbar links never change and remain php after click.

Am I on the same page here with the rest of the clan using this ,mod?

Or is there a gap somewhere that should not be?

CraftersHelper 11-16-2006 05:26 PM

reverted

Miniature-Giant 11-18-2006 08:41 AM

Hm, could someone please clue me in a bit?

I have downloaded, installed, edited, etc., etc., and think that I have the module "working". But...
How do I tell, am I supposed to do something else to "use' it, e.g., do I need to remake my "HTML catalog"? Should I see a change in the urls in the address bar when I surf my site and click on products, etc.
Perhaps someone can point me toward a doc that describes what this does, etc. -- sorry to be so dense on this subject. I'm just not that familiar with some of these SEO tools and nominclature.

Thanks!
James

pcparts 11-18-2006 12:31 PM

Yes you should see changes in the address bar for example
www.yourwebsite.com/bfg-nvidia-nforce-680i-sli-dual-pciex16-ddr2-800-intel-socket-77-Pc-pr-1080.html
intel352 showed some sites that are using it on the 1st page i think.

Miniature-Giant 11-18-2006 01:49 PM

Well, it seems to have "done its thing" -- I can see a change now.
Now when I click on a category link, I get a "Not Found" error:
The requested URL /www/vhosts/m/miniature-giant.com/htd

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.miniature-giant.com Port 80ocs/www/store/home.php was not found on this server.

The address bar shows the url:
http://www.miniature-giant.com/store/cav-Reaper-c-249.html

My server doesn't have a file "cav-Reaper-c-249.html" in the store/
but, at least, it does look like the kind of html page address that is shown in the demo example -- progress!!

Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong, or what I need to do to take advantage of this mod? I'm really interested in getting this going and would appreciate any help/advice...

Thanks,
James