X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

Pitak 12-26-2014 07:42 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Phil, I'm using the Homepage countdown alert today, I'm setting the countdown date/time to the past so that it kinda shows only the expired message.

And I'm getting this after the expired message at the Homepage:

{/literal}{$lng.lbl_reboot_countdown_expired_message }{literal}

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks and Happy New Year 2015!!! <3

PhilJ 12-26-2014 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?
Hi Pitak, please see attached.

Upload skin/reboot/custom/widgets/home_countdown.tpl

Then replace the countdown CSS code in skin/reboot/css/reboot.css with the CSS code in css.txt

Pitak 12-26-2014 09:33 PM

Phil, when I do the above, my homepage now does not load (it's a blank page). I've cleared Templates/Cache. So I undo the changes and cleared Template/Cache again, and now it's back.

Maybe there's some typos in the code?

PhilJ 12-26-2014 09:40 PM

Strange, I am using the same code here.

Double check that the countdown messages HTML code is valid. Or revert to plain text and see if that fixes it.

Vacman 12-26-2014 09:44 PM

Hey PhilJ, got a weird one (for me).

When I upgraded to the new one a couple of weeks back, the Testimonials didn't make the migration.

I do have the old database however. Is there a way to import those over safely?

Pitak 12-26-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
Double check that the countdown messages HTML code is valid. Or revert to plain text and see if that fixes it.

The HTML code is valid. However after I remove all HTML codes and use just plain texts, it worked. I'd like to use HTML codes if possible though.

Thanks. <3

PhilJ 12-27-2014 04:18 AM

Quote:

Hey PhilJ, got a weird one (for me).

When I upgraded to the new one a couple of weeks back, the Testimonials didn't make the migration.

I do have the old database however. Is there a way to import those over safely?

Hi Carl, open the backup DB in a text editor, locate the testimonials SQL, copy it to a new file, then you should be able to re-patch the current database with that SQL code.

If the testimonials SQL lines begin with INSERT INTO, change to REPLACE INTO.

Vacman 12-27-2014 07:32 AM

OK - I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't something obscure I needed to do. PHPAdmin should work as well.

Vacman 12-27-2014 08:32 AM

Actually, I am now confused. When I look at both the old DB and the new one, I see all the testimonials in there, but on my dev site, it is only displaying the giberish "Lorem Ipsum..." ones. Where is it pulling those from?

PhilJ 12-27-2014 01:33 PM

You need to add the code to auth.php to query the testimonials table (see the testimonials install.txt file).

Otherwise, the footer will just display the hard coded testimonials that are in skin/reboot/custom/footer/footer_content_TR.tpl

Is the actual testimonials.php page displaying the correct testimonials? If not, then you'll need to re-add them from the backup database.