X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant) (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=57792)

Aqua 02-08-2011 08:10 AM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Carrie,

Concerning the mod, when I look at your website, I see "Minimal installation. Simply apply an SQL patch and upload files!" and "This should work seamlessly if your cart is not modified or minimally modified." So how do you define "minimally modified"? What specifically should we be concerned with pre-install?

Thanks much,

BCSE 02-08-2011 09:53 AM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua
Carrie,

Concerning the mod, when I look at your website, I see "Minimal installation. Simply apply an SQL patch and upload files!" and "This should work seamlessly if your cart is not modified or minimally modified." So how do you define "minimally modified"? What specifically should we be concerned with pre-install?

Thanks much,


I just changed the description some. It should more specifically say:
"This should work seamlessly if your checkout area is not modified or minimally modified. All source code is provided though if you need to make any modifications to suit your checkout area if it is customized."


So it's not really X-cart in general, just the checkout area. If your submit order button has not been changed, it should work seamlessly. Also the paymentID must be in the URL or in a post variable (which it would be by default unless your checkout area is modified.) We've only run into a few carts that we had to debug, but only because their submit button was changed for the checkout area or the paymentid was where it normally is in X-cart.

Let us know though if you have more questions!

Thanks,

Carrie

Aqua 02-08-2011 11:23 AM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Carrie,

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCSE
If your submit order button has not been changed, it should work seamlessly. Also the paymentID must be in the URL or in a post variable (which it would be by default unless your checkout area is modified.)


1. As we use AlteredCart OPC, should we be concerned with a paymentID issue?

2. On the authorize.net side, would there need to be any changes in our account as we are already an AIM user?

Thanks again,

BCSE 02-08-2011 12:15 PM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua
Carrie,



1. As we use AlteredCart OPC, should we be concerned with a paymentID issue?

2. On the authorize.net side, would there need to be any changes in our account as we are already an AIM user?

Thanks again,



1. Yes it's compatible with Altered Cart AND X-cart's OPC module.

2. No changes needed to Authorize.net account. They just see it being posted a different way but it all goes into your existing AIM account.

Do let me know though if you still have more questions!

Thanks,

Carrie

BCSE 02-24-2011 05:05 PM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
We have a lot of people using this module now. If you have any feedback we'd love to hear it! We're also improving our testing/trouble shooting area of the install file here in a few days. We've had relatively little support issues with it but there are a few key settings that we'll be documenting to make sure the transition is even smoother. :)

Carrie

ARW VISIONS 02-24-2011 05:15 PM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Carrie you are freaking awesome!!! Love you guys :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

BCSE 02-27-2011 05:45 PM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARW VISIONS
Carrie you are freaking awesome!!! Love you guys :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:



Thanks! :D

Carrie

ambal 03-16-2011 04:42 AM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Hi Everyone,

This is a stupid question I guess, but why you think Auth.net DPM makes your store out of PA-DSS scope taking in account a payer still enters credit card info on your site? Did I miss something?

balinor 03-16-2011 05:04 AM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
Because the credit card form isn't actually on your site and the data isn't processed by your site.

ambal 03-16-2011 05:21 AM

Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)
 
> Because the credit card form isn't actually on your site and the data
> isn't processed by your site.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/The-Authorize-Net-Developer-Blog/Direct-Post-Method-DPM/bc-p/10804

That page says the opposite about the credit card form.

Quote:

How it Works

Understanding how DPM works is very straightforward. Simply create a webpage with a credit card form, and post it to Authorize.Net's endpoint. Just add Authorize.Net's URL as the 'action' on the form


Then in the comments it is stated that DPM "reduces scope of PA-DSS", but it doesn't take "out of scope".


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.