X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Considering using X-Cart for my project (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Forum access? (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=54470)

disent 07-05-2010 01:59 AM

Forum access?

Hi, sorry if this isnt the correct place, but I am considering purchasing X-cart I am currently using the latest demo version

My question is why can't I access all of this forum? I can only access the 'Planning Your Project' section plus I can't even edit my profile. Do I need to purchase a license just to get some assistance? thanks in advance & sorry again if this is the wrong place to post this question.

pauldodman 07-05-2010 02:11 AM

Re: Forum access?

Yes, you need to own an x-cart licence to access the entire forum.

MWilton 07-07-2010 05:17 AM

I personally think this is ridiculous that we can not access the whole forum. I can't even get the stupid trial to install on my computer properly and am having a hell of a time getting any assistance in doing so. If I could access the whole forum I could probably get my issue solved in one day rather than waiting several days through the help desk. Very frustrating and kinda turning me off of the product.

balinor 07-07-2010 05:23 AM

MWilton, some of the forum is closed to prevent hackers from viewing bugs/exploits/etc. Letting the whole world read how to gain access to the intricacies of the code would be just plain dumb. If you want full support, shell out the $ for a license and then you will get all the help you need. You honestly can't expect free support for a trial version.

MWilton 07-07-2010 05:43 AM

They could at least give us access to the Installation/Setup forum. Why would I want to pay $ for a product when I can't even get the trial version to work properly? I'm not looking for full support just yet. I just want the program to work so I can test it out and see if it meets my needs before buying the full program.

ambal 07-07-2010 05:54 AM

MWilton, thank you for taking interest in our software and welcome aboard.

If you need free presales support for your X-Cart copy contact our sales reps at sales@qtmsoft.com!

MWilton 07-07-2010 06:12 AM

Thanks, ambal, but I've already been in contact with the Help desk. My problem is that it takes a day to get a response. I downloaded the trial last week and still can't get it loaded properly. Each step of the installation process I've encountered a new issue. With each issue I contact the Help desk and each time it takes a day to get a response. I realize there is a time difference but it's frustrating that it's been a week now and I still can get my issues resolved. And this is just with the trial. I only wonder what kind of issues I'll come across with the full product.

ambal 07-07-2010 10:24 PM

You are welcome to post your questions here as well!
I'll do my best to help you.