X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

elmirage001 04-08-2013 04:33 PM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Hi Phil, Thank you very much for the change! I should have thought of using a trash can icon... That's were most of my ideas go :-)

PhilJ 04-09-2013 08:09 AM

reBOOT is now launched folks and can be purchased here :)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

ADDISON 04-09-2013 08:57 AM

I think I used the most popular CSS Framework of the moment, but Bootstrap is my favorite (tons of features, videos, docs). Finally someone listen lots of my messages here about Twitter Bootstrap Framework.

You did a great job Phil. This is a real responsive template. I would like to see if you'll come over a while with an Admin theme (X-Cart needs one finally). Keep going!

ADDISON 04-09-2013 09:09 AM

Phij - do you offer this free module? "Dynamic AJAX product search (free alternative to Cloud Search)" - I am interested in.

PhilJ 04-09-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

I think I used the most popular CSS Framework of the moment, but Bootstrap is my favorite (tons of features, videos, docs). Finally someone listen lots of my messages here about Twitter Bootstrap Framework.

Yes, indeed Bootstrap is a great framework and easy to work with.

I've used a cut-down version, only adding the necessary components.

reBOOT uses Bootstrap v2.3.1... Be interesting to see how v3.0 pans out.

Quote:

You did a great job Phil. This is a real responsive template.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

Quote:

I would like to see if you'll come over a while with an Admin theme (X-Cart needs one finally). Keep going!

That would be a huge undertaking, but I'm sure profitable if someone has the time to make one :)

Quote:

Phij - do you offer this free module? "Dynamic AJAX product search (free alternative to Cloud Search)" - I am interested in.

reBOOT uses this mod, but only the products search element.

elmirage001 04-10-2013 04:59 PM

Hi Phil, Thank you for sending the files so quickly after purchase! Install was very smooth and quick. Looking under the hood you've really made things much easier for the user to get up and running fast and for those of use who tweak to easily find the file we're looking for. There are a few things I miss (from Ability) but the change make sense for a responsive template that has to live with the recent x-cart changes and now the 3 versions.

I've not had much time to test and have a couple of formatting issues but I need to see if it's from my settings. If it seems to be reBOOT I'll send to you.

Great Job!

Paul

PhilJ 04-12-2013 02:56 AM

Thanks Paul, if there's something you really miss, then I'll consider adding it into reboot... quite open to ideas.

BCSE 04-12-2013 05:17 AM

Phil,

I can't seem to see your new template. When I go to your site, I get redirected to google.com

Carrie

PhilJ 04-12-2013 05:37 AM

Hi Carrie, can you try now... was a slight issue with one of our htaccess files, thanks.

elmirage001 04-12-2013 09:03 PM

Hi Phil,

I'm having a fantastic time working with reBOOT!

The feature I really needed was to have Custom Menus that functioned the way they did in Ability. I solved this by using the <li>....</li> custom menu code from Ability and placing it in the the Speedbar <li>...</li> spot and then used the reBOOT template option of Speedbar for the Header Menu Type. The menu stays responsive and works perfectly!

You've made it so easy :-) Thanks again!

Paul