X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables) (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=33828)

zeta1600 11-12-2007 05:04 AM

Re: Pure CSS Rounded Boxes! (no images, no tables)

This is great... I was wondering. Can this be done with the overall wrapper?

typologist 11-12-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeta1600
This is great... I was wondering. Can this be done with the overall wrapper?

Overall wrapper? I dont understand what you mean. Can you elaborate on this?

zeta1600 11-12-2007 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, maybe I'm not using the correct terminology. Basically, I am talking about the "frame" for the public pages. The default for x-cart is 100% width in the rectangle_top.tpl. I adjusted it to 90% and centered. My question is, can that be framed with a rounded box somehow?

kevin34 11-13-2007 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
many thanks for the mod - excellent work!.

However I am experiencing a strange problem that I am hoping you can help me out with...

Prior to using your code changes, I made some other changes to show my categories as icons instead of plain text. But if I have more than six subcategories my right hand menu boxes (ie "Your cart" & "Authentication") go off the edge of the screen.

For example if you could look at :

http://www.grangewildbirdcare.co.uk/home.php?cat=1

this looks fine, however you will see my problem when you go to:

http://www.grangewildbirdcare.co.uk/home.php?cat=3

Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Many thanks
Kev

For further info...

to try and eliminate any problems with my previous modifications I created a new test site (Xcart Gold 4.1.9) and only edited the skin1.css, skin1_admin.css and menu.tpl in order to only replace the sideboxes.

If you look at the attached image, the correct image on the left is from the "Terms & conditions" page, whereas the image on the right shows the "Contact us" page.

Hope this may help finding where I have messed up....

northstar 11-17-2007 10:44 AM

I love this mod, however, it seems to have messed up my fonts/styling for my static pages, as well as my privacy statement pages. I can open the pages through the admin site, but whatever changes I make don't get applied. They are a wreck, and are simply difficult to read now!

It looks like the problem lies within the coding of the dialog.tpl document, but I can't seem to pinpoint which part of the new code is controlling the fonts, and over-writing any changes I try to apply through the admin side of the website. Any ideas of how to edit the dialog.tpl code so that it only changes the headers of the boxes, and not the text inside?

I would love some help! Thanks!
-Alisa

Swish 11-22-2007 05:23 AM

ok, forgive as I'm a total novice at editing css/templates and such.
Tried the mod and it works great but I notice it replaces an image with a colour.
Before I had an image with a gradient fading top and bottom now I just have one colour. Is it possible to get my image back and still have the menu corners?

wank3r 12-16-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeta1600
Sorry, maybe I'm not using the correct terminology. Basically, I am talking about the "frame" for the public pages. The default for x-cart is 100% width in the rectangle_top.tpl. I adjusted it to 90% and centered. My question is, can that be framed with a rounded box somehow?

Did you ever find a solution to this?

wank3r 12-16-2007 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I do find this modification quite nice opposed to the default values. But I have a few problems that some of you might be able to clear up for me.

I've followed all the steps necessary (on page 1).

Problems:

After changing the rectangle_top.tpl file inside my skin1 directory with the following code I'm experiencing that all text, both on the customer front and admin section, is centered. Now I really want the width to be a bit smaller than 100% and also I would love to have the site centered if possible (see attachement 01).

Code:

{* $Id: rectangle_top.tpl,v 1.25 2006/02/07 08:09:51 max Exp $ *}
<center>
<table class="Container" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="{$width|default:"85%"}">
<tr><td class="Container">
</center>

The boxes on my right side are missing their pixels that defines the closing of the box from some pages (see attachement 02).

How can I get the round effect on the top and bottom menus?

mltriebe 12-19-2007 02:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am in the process of trying to change my cart from the default look to something better and would like to implement this mod. My problem is like you can see in the photos below and the Recently Viewed box gets overlapped by the Help box. If you refresh the page all is fine. This only happens in Firefox/Mozilla and not IE7.

Any help will be welcomed since I am trying to leasrn CSS as well.

Mike

ramdial 12-21-2007 07:01 PM

try changing ** PADDING-RIGHT: 22px; *** in skin1.css. this is for wank3r

.VertMenuRightColumn {
VERTICAL-ALIGN: top;
PADDING-LEFT: 20px;
PADDING-RIGHT: 22p